The Living Medicine Cabinet

wow i hadnt realized it was so small!!! but i have seen people grow in a pc case so you should do just fine. ever thought of growing autos they pretty much stay short and bushy. temps are a bit high but i cant imagine mine are any better. i actually have no way of telling other than feel *sticks face in tent* "my temp senses are tingling!" *turns on A/C* lol but at least here in OR it stays pretty humid 45% outside. this is turning into my favorite journal im following..AHHHH IM SO EXCITED!!! lol

It means alot that you are excited. Though, I haven't accomplished much of anything yet. :)

I take the size as a challenge I will face head on and make the most of. There are some growers who have always had the room to let a plant do its thing without fear of violating any drastic space/environmental constraints. I have very little to work with...but at the same time I feel its the perfect sized template to accomplish alot of different things. I can grow multiple smaller plants, allowing more of their natural growth pattern to emote. I can train them down whichever way I want. Rather, I have to actually practice training and guiding the plants. Others can almost sit back and watch, I have to constantly watching to some degree. It isn't the same as growing 10 plants, but I am making do.

I don't want to make it sound dramatic. I just feel like I have enough space to do alot with and to accomplish the goal of having more than plenty to smoke with my friends and for myself.

RE Temps. I don't get too panicked. This plant is designed to grow in areas where it can be over 100F for consecutive days. Its when its hit with a combination of things that the plants start to really feel it. You kind of have to just go with your gut, and remain attentive...like your stick you face in method lol.

I probably will try autos at some point to see what the hub bub is about, but any plant that I don't scrog I will most likely flower from seed. I'm going to try the 11/13 lighting cycle that Ziggy and Sue are making use of and see what that gets me.

Go back into my last (very humble) journal and check out the Blue Velvet I harvested. I want to get plants that shape and stature (roughly - not all strains have comparable builds), but a little bigger. I want it to get a little out of control, so I can rein it in at the end. :) I think that's how this grow will end up for sure! Its funny now that I've written that, I feel like my life sort of follows that format as well.

true dat brother. i checked out your previous grow journal good stuff in there looks like you got about 3/4 to 1oz per plant. im sure you prolly said in there but i was just skimming for pics lol

Man I didn't even get that total. That harvest was disappointing for a few reasons...mainly because I didn't have my lighting right in the beginning. I flowered to early, and ended up with puny plants. But what I got to smoke was good!

Here's another brief update. RH is a little higher today because it hasn't really stopped raining here since yesterday afternoon.

WP_20150711_13_58_28_Pro.jpg

Humidity is up a bit today. Most likely because I have all my doors open in the apartment and the AC off.

WP_20150712_11_03_40_Pro.jpg

But I found that if I keep this side door open the RH and temps move towards a more desirable place. There is a passive vent which leads from that compartment into the grow chamber. When the door is closed a fair amount of heat is trapped in there since the carbon filter is right there. All that warm air vents out into that compartment. Ideally at some point in the future I could a decent little mini ac unit to put in there.
WP_20150712_11_02_53_Pro.jpg

But I found that if I keep this side door open the RH and temps move towards a more desirable place. There is a passive vent which leads from that compartment into the grow chamber. When the door is closed a fair amount of heat is trapped in there since the carbon filter is right there. All that warm air vents out into that compartment. Ideally at some point in the future I could a decent little mini ac unit to put in there.
WP_20150712_11_02_53_Pro.jpg

So this compartment holds your carbon filter that processes warm EXHAUST air?
If so..
Yes, you do benefit from allowing warm exhaust to leave the compartmrnt adjacent to your grow area.

So this compartment holds your carbon filter that processes warm EXHAUST air?
If so..
Yes, you do benefit from allowing warm exhaust to leave the compartmrnt adjacent to your grow area.

Even with the door closed, it is not sealed entirely. So air does cycle out from the room it is in. That said, I have been mocking up ideas to increase the air exchange with the "ambient" air we will call it. I just don't have a great idea yet...don't want to waste money screwing around. I have a piece meal idea to implement a PC cooling system and put it on a timer.

Anyways, once the lights are on a normal schedule again the temps should come down a bit.

edit: Just checked and my temps are down to 88F right now.

Week 2

We are going into 7 days of life here. Meaning, the second week has begun.

I've just been giving the little ones water. I may hold out a little longer before I hit the soil with an SST. Its a bit too early for these to be getting anything.

Right now, I kind of see SST and Coconut Water as a milder alternative sugar sources with additional beneis compared to just spiking the soil with molasses. So at the very least they have their use as a quick food source for the soil and maybe if we are lucky, the plant. I want to use that aspect to jump start those little cups so we have a healthy soil community that can handle the eventual transplant into the bigger container.

I have never used SST or Coconut Water, but they will both be making an appearance...if only to see what exactly they can do. I'm not going into it expecting much. I'll let the amendments speak for themselves and dictate how and when to use them optimally.

WP_20150713_18_48_32_Pro.jpg

WP_20150713_18_49_12_Pro.jpg

I suppose these are kind of blurry. LED does not play nice with camera phones. I should probably whip out the camera and color balance to shoot under those lights. meh, I'm pooped. I'll save that for another time...

...gonna smoke the last dregs of this bowl and call it a night.

Another quick update for you all. :)

C'99 is really taking off. I imagine Afgooey doing one of those cartoony run in place starts. :laughtwo: Then it'll take off!

WP_20150714_08_42_17_Pro.jpg

Temps and RH are still a little better. Once I start using a dark period I should be able to keep temps in the 80's. These pics were taken in the morning...when I got home from work the chamber was right at 90F.
WP_20150714_08_42_34_Pro.jpg

I know afgooey is supposed to be short...but its also supposed to get fairly branchey in the end. I'm interested in seeing what happens when it inevitably picks up the pace. C99 is two nodes deep at this point.

We are still on 24/0 lighting. I'll inform you all when there is any changes in the cycle.
WP_20150715_19_51_01_Pro.jpg

WP_20150715_19_50_39_Pro.jpg

I haven't done an update in a couple days, but hey....there isn't too much to see right now. Environmental conditions are more ideal now. Id love for my RH to be a bit higher, though.

C'99 is shooting straight up...I can't quite tell if its stretching a bit or if the strain is just that lanky.

WP_20150718_19_21_24_Pro.jpg

WP_20150718_19_25_35_Pro.jpg

Back
Top Bottom