The Munki's Playground

Are you going to LST Munki?

No, I didn't plan to this grow. I wanted to see the basic, natural growth characteristics of each plant to show without too much manipulation. I did top the 3 larger plants above the 5th node to help promote branching. Plan is to take some good cuttings from each, flower out these seedlings, toss out the males and their clones when found and then start working the clones for a good mommy cut. If none of the first batch look like good candidates, I'll veg out the better rooted clones and take lots of cuttings. That would increase my odds of finding a healthy cut but I have faith I'll get a good cutting on the first round.

Day 22 and 32. Master Kush and Ogre are pushing out secondary growth pretty hard at this point. They look like good candidates for cuttings. I may take them in a few days and start up my sampling. Once I can get at least a couple healthy clones from each plant, I can flower out these seedlings! :yahoo: I may not worry about getting cuts from the Blueberry Wowie as it just doesn't look like good stock to me. Watch me flower it out and it be frickin' amazing then!

Watered and fed again today. The Ogre bucket felt pretty dry over one day. I may have to rig up a watering system soon.

Oh, yeah, got my LUX meter today. Took some measurements over the canopy. At the height of the taller two plants, it averages between 29000 and 30000 LUX in the middle part of the light and drops to around 10000 at the edges. This is at about 12 to 14 inches below the lamp. Please note that the distances are guesstimates.

081010-pic1.JPG

081010-pic2.JPG

Satori 1
081010-pic3.JPG

081010-pic4.JPG

Satori 3
081010-pic5.JPG

081010-pic6.JPG

Blueberry Wowie
081010-pic7.JPG

081010-pic8.JPG

Master Kush
081010-pic9.JPG

081010-pic10.JPG

Ogre
081010-pic11.JPG

081010-pic12.JPG

Looking good Munki!

I think you should take a clone or two from the wowie...just in case :)

Munki !! Wow Nice healthy lookin plants !!How big is that tent ? , I have a 4x4 with 2 clones and Theres no more room ! How tall do let them grow before switching them? Sorry if you answered already I just dropped in and was admiring the grow ... :peace:

Looking good Munki!

I think you should take a clone or two from the wowie...just in case :)

Thanks. Waiting for the Wowie to push out some secondary growth that I can take clones from it as well.

Munki !! Wow Nice healthy lookin plants !!How big is that tent ? , I have a 4x4 with 2 clones and Theres no more room ! How tall do let them grow before switching them? Sorry if you answered already I just dropped in and was admiring the grow ... :peace:

Yep, tent is 4 x 4 (actually a bit bigger than that but is quoted as 4x4). I will switch over once I can take some viable clones from all the plants. Main goal is to find a mommy, so I need to save the genetic stock of the strains before flowering them out. So, height was not the criteria. I did top the bigger plants to control height and to promote branching.

They're looking a lot perkier.

Nice thick stems.

I think you're gonna grow some beasts.
:morenutes:Now THOSE are some HEALTHY plants! Nice work brother Munki! :morenutes:
Really nice... :thumb: :popcorn:

Thanks guys! Appreciate you all following the grow. :thanks:

Day 23 and 33. I had a couple of Styrofoam lids that are a couple of inches high that I'm going to use to get the Satori a boost to the light.

Missed taking pics of the Blueberry Wowie. :oops:

081110-pic1.JPG

081110-pic2.JPG

Satori 1
081110-pic3.JPG

081110-pic4.JPG

Satori 3
081110-pic5.JPG

081110-pic6.JPG

Master Kush
081110-pic7.JPG

081110-pic8.JPG

Ogre
081110-pic9.JPG

081110-pic10.JPG

Beautiful plants Munki.

What do you think of the growth rate so far in the hempys?

Just fine. The hempy is just a manual hydro system, so it feels a bit familiar.

Looking good Munki... maybe you answered earlier in the posts but what does your medium consist of?

100 % Perlite. Well, probably 99% as I use a small amount of Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil to start the seeds in.

Any particular reason for 100%? Why no vermiculite? Or sphagnum moss? I'm just asking because I'm starting my first soilless grow and am curious as to why?

Any particular reason for 100%? Why no vermiculite? Or sphagnum moss? I'm just asking because I'm starting my first soilless grow and am curious as to why?

Why not 100% perlite if it works? I'm sure you can make it more complicated, but if the simplest solution works, go with that. I can understand experimenting, but this is my first hempy grow and others here at 420 Magazine have been having good results with the 100% perlite so I went with that.

Perlite is not reactive, will not decompose, and will not alter pH appreciably either.

Hey man, really informative grow. I'm here to learn. Keep up the good work.:nicethread:

Thanks AFFAP and :welcome: to 420 Magazine! Stick around and check out the many wonderful grows and discussions that go on in this wonderful community.

Day 24 and 34. I bought some metallic duct tape and wrapped the two Satori buckets that I did not paint.

Mixed up a new batch of nutrients. 45mL micro and 50mL bloom which comes out to 9-10-0 (mL/gal M-B-G). I wanted to boost the Nitrogen to see if I could promote veg growth.

2010-08-12_2119.png

Hoping I'll get to flip to 12/12 within 7 days. We'll see if the Satori have the shoots for cuttings by then.

081210-pic1.JPG

081210-pic2.JPG

Satori 1
081210-pic3.JPG

081210-pic4.JPG

Satori 3
081210-pic5.JPG

081210-pic6.JPG

Blueberry Wowie
081210-pic7.JPG

081210-pic8.JPG

Master Kush
081210-pic11.JPG

081210-pic12.JPG

Ogre
081210-pic9.JPG

081210-pic10.JPG

Do you feel the white bucket lets too much light through and worried about algae or something? Is that why you covered your buckets?

Girls are looking really good. Keep up the great work brother! :bravo:

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom