The Phantom Og The Opera Goes Apeshit: Starring Barney's Farm Gorilla Zkittelz, Phantom OG & Supporting Cast

Thankyou high. My canopy is around the same size as you need. just above the 5ftx5ft with the lowers pushing out the sides for any spare lumens. They give out plenty of light but plants need to be trained to get the best use from them . And plenty of calmag ( my hard learnt lesson from the conversion from Hps!) In veg you would kill it too. These lights do create some really compact buds and are perfect for the GZ and the buds they pack on. With this strain it is advisable to prepare for supporting the secondary branches very early on. get the canes in early , she will need the help. Will pop over for a seat on the bus ride with you if ok too.
thanks for the comments High. Have a green day.
Thanks for the light info and GZ tips. I'm looking forward to flipping the switch on these girls.

I do not have a journal, but you are right I should have one. I will start one soon. Thanks.
They are great for getting support and a great record of your grow and efforts. Always nice to receive positive comments and chat but can also save a crop when things go out of shape.

Hey GG! I'm slowly catching up on journals lol. How about growing a flatter canopy to reduce the amount of lower bud and need for greater penetration. Go on Sauga, dig deep and there may be another joke to be found.

The buds are looking excellent by the way. I'm really looking forward to your harvest!
:passitleft:

Hey GG! I'm slowly catching up on journals lol. How about growing a flatter canopy to reduce the amount of lower bud and need for greater penetration. Go on Sauga, dig deep and there may be another joke to be found.

The buds are looking excellent by the way. I'm really looking forward to your harvest!
:passitleft:
A lower photo plant count for more sideways growth per plant too i think. With another in the middle i can work the whole room better too. Lessons learnt for this one and L.e.d this time around Prof. more defol , lower clearing , calmag,earlier flip to lower the penetration needed too. Stretch was more than i had expected with them so allowed them too much vertical for the lights abilities.
TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!. Having dillied and dallied about how ripe they are for harvest , i dare not push them longer now. There are no white pistils except new ones from desperate foxtails and a lot of the orange ones a
have now dried totally. Any further and they will be too done i think. My plan is 72 hours dark now and only ph'ed water till tuesday night . Then the scythe comes out!!!. The trichs are covering them all over the grow now and i can say that a combo of the new lights and dragon force has contributed excellently. I wish that we could add video without youtube to show how they really look up close. I don't think i have gone this far into trichs and ripening before. This time using onset of flowering actual has meant a more accurate flowering finish but by addition of the whole 14 days stretch , nearer actual intended genetic finish too. Phew what a ramble.
I have done the dark period previously but only for 24 hours. Any thoughts on the 72 hours ? I would appreciate hugely some opinions guys @irie lion @MrSauga @ProfessorFlora @N420 @Lewydeville @carcass @Virgin ground @Emilya @Heavenly Hybrid @InTheShed @DonkeyDick @prestand anyone i missed.

A lower photo plant count for more sideways growth per plant too i think. With another in the middle i can work the whole room better too. Lessons learnt for this one and L.e.d this time around Prof. more defol , lower clearing , calmag,earlier flip to lower the penetration needed too. Stretch was more than i had expected with them so allowed them too much vertical for the lights abilities.
TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!. Having dillied and dallied about how ripe they are for harvest , i dare not push them longer now. There are no white pistils except new ones from desperate foxtails and a lot of the orange ones a
have now dried totally. Any further and they will be too done i think. My plan is 72 hours dark now and only ph'ed water till tuesday night . Then the scythe comes out!!!. The trichs are covering them all over the grow now and i can say that a combo of the new lights and dragon force has contributed excellently. I wish that we could add video without youtube to show how they really look up close. I don't think i have gone this far into trichs and ripening before. This time using onset of flowering actual has meant a more accurate flowering finish but by addition of the whole 14 days stretch , nearer actual intended genetic finish too. Phew what a ramble.
I have done the dark period previously but only for 24 hours. Any thoughts on the 72 hours ? I would appreciate hugely some opinions guys @irie lion @MrSauga @ProfessorFlora @N420 @Lewydeville @carcass @Virgin ground @Emilya @Heavenly Hybrid @InTheShed @DonkeyDick @prestand anyone i missed.
I've never done a dark period more than 24 hours and the only reason it's been that long is because it takes me that long to harvest the plants. I harvest one branch at a time now and leave the rest on the plant as it is just more convenient for me. I seem to remember Shed and Sauga talking about this,a while back but that may have been a dream lol

20190829_224352.jpg
20190829_224343.jpg
20190829_224316.jpg
20190829_224309.jpg
20190829_224304.jpg
20190829_224258.jpg
20190829_224251.jpg
20190829_224246.jpg
20190829_224238.jpg

I did about 36 hours but I don't have anything to compare it to s I don't know if it made a difference. Sorry I'm not more help to you GG.

@Dutchman1990 did a 72 vs 12 hr test

I got to harvesting the second Critical lady today after the 72hrs of darkness. So after this time period in the dark what did I notice out the gate? Nothing!!! That’s right!! Absolutely nothing was different from #1 who I harvested after the 12hr dark period compared to this one which has sat in the dark for 72hrs before harvest. Now this may change come the smoke test after a few weeks cure but so far I’m leaning towards never doing a 72hr dark period again lol!

I got vetoed on the dark period before harvest. Didn’t have time anyway as it turned out.
Mr Sauga’s comment above does what you were looking for gigiddy.
Bring on the grinning reaper!

Edit: only thing I was going to add was -somewhere- the other day - someone was bemoaning foxtails because they were going to spend another week to harden them up, even though the flowers were finished. Takes all sorts. Yours look READY mate. Go for it!

I'm like prof never done a dark period purposely during the harvest. I remember Dutchman's thread about a dark period during harvest and it not making much of a difference in flavors terps or potency.

And congrats on the upcoming harvest buddy.

I did about 36 hours but I don't have anything to compare it to s I don't know if it made a difference. Sorry I'm not more help to you GG.
Thank you vg. all helpful to know no negatives to doing it.

I'm like prof never done a dark period purposely during the harvest. I remember Dutchman's thread about a dark period during harvest and it not making much of a difference in flavors terps or potency.

And congrats on the upcoming harvest buddy.
Thanks N. hoping it is a new personal best yield now. fingers crossed

I got vetoed on the dark period before harvest. Didn’t have time anyway as it turned out.
Mr Sauga’s comment above does what you were looking for gigiddy.
Bring on the grinning reaper!

Edit: only thing I was going to add was -somewhere- the other day - someone was bemoaning foxtails because they were going to spend another week to harden them up, even though the flowers were finished. Takes all sorts. Yours look READY mate. Go for it!
Thanks for the boost mate. on it like a bonnet now.

I’ve given 72 hour dark period before GG. Can’t say it makes any noticeable difference. Keep the air moving if you do because the risk of mould goes up. You’ve got some trimming to do but your going to have a good yield from that lot. The bud looks nice and dense. Good job mate.

I’ve given 72 hour dark period before GG. Can’t say it makes any noticeable difference. Keep the air moving if you do because the risk of mould goes up. You’ve got some trimming to do but your going to have a good yield from that lot. The bud looks nice and dense. Good job mate.
Appreciate the input Lewy Thanks mate. Seems the bro-science doesnt stack up on the mega dark period. Saves a lot of wasted time and potential mould risk. I do have air sussed finally now ( always the case at the end of a grow !!) and the rot has been held at bay using milk sprays too. Will have to watch the low and slow dry now too.
I am shocked at the bud solidness this run. I cant squeeze them now as they dont move. Thanks again lewy.

Back
Top Bottom