The Phantom Og The Opera Goes Apeshit: Starring Barney's Farm Gorilla Zkittelz, Phantom OG & Supporting Cast

any thought on this . could be something there???
It's certainly true that a lot of people are harvesting early but some people are harvesting early on purpose. The reason for this is that not everyone wants to have insanely strong weed so they check trichs to try to gauge effect rather than how mature the plant is. It's true that if you wait for a couple more weeks after you think that the plant is ready at you'll get increased yield. You'll also get more potent bud as the trichs go fully amber which is what some people are trying to avoid. I normally prefere more amber in my trichs but recently I've been going for more cloudy because I need to be a little more alert since we had the baby. My thoughts on this video is that he's correct but I think he's missed the point a little on why some people go by the trichs appearance.

It's certainly true that a lot of people are harvesting early but some people are harvesting early on purpose. The reason for this is that not everyone wants to have insanely strong weed so they check trichs to try to gauge effect rather than how mature the plant is. It's true that if you wait for a couple more weeks after you think that the plant is ready at you'll get increased yield. You'll also get more potent bud as the trichs go fully amber which is what some people are trying to avoid. I normally prefere more amber in my trichs but recently I've been going for more cloudy because I need to be a little more alert since we had the baby. My thoughts on this video is that he's correct but I think he's missed the point a little on why some people go by the trichs appearance.
very good point prof. i chose all my last barneys based on the same principle . my g13 went above her time and was great . will be going with one to try it.

Funny you should post this video, i was talking to a fellow grower recently and he said the same thing :thumb:
worth an experiment and it would be nice to go to oblivion once in a while. Cobbing is another must try too but i love weed too much to leave it anywhere that long.!!! lol

I completely agreed Prof, I also find ripening & trich change to amber is a bit different with indica’s compared to sativas as well which complicates things again, I’ve had a cheese ripe for sure but there wasn’t much amber coming through and I waited :yummy: I love a good stoned effect so i like waiting for ambers and I find the strains are so strong these days, how much thc can I be losing by getting a good amount of ambers and increasing my yield a bit as well? I do like variety and I chop some strains with less amber for a more racey / energized effect. Just my blazed thoughts! :passitleft::nomo:

I completely agreed Prof, I also find ripening & trich change to amber is a bit different with indica’s compared to sativas as well which complicates things again, I’ve had a cheese ripe for sure but there wasn’t much amber coming through and I waited :yummy: I love a good stoned effect so i like waiting for ambers and I find the strains are so strong these days, how much thc can I be losing by getting a good amount of ambers and increasing my yield a bit as well? I do like variety and I chop some strains with less amber for a more racey / energized effect. Just my blazed thoughts! :passitleft::nomo:
Thanks irie. love to relive a really good stoned session. Mrs GG would be ok with it for me too. she is amazing around my lifelong use and has the odd hash joint with me too. she rolls like a pro too. My Manna from heaven for a hard life. lol

Thanks irie. love to relive a really good stoned session. Mrs GG would be ok with it for me too. she is amazing around my lifelong use and has the odd hash joint with me too. she rolls like a pro too. My Manna from heaven for a hard life. lol
That’s cool brother I like that, my girlfriend of 7 Years is the same. She’s fully accepted that cannabis is part of my life and she actually often tells me that she loves to see how much passion I have for growing which is awesome. She’s into gardening and loves helping with transplants ect. She joins for sneaky spliffs on the weekends :passitleft::ganjamon:I’ve got a keeper.

I have the opposite my wife is the lifelong smoker I used to smoke heavily but stopped when my kids were born. Now that they are a little older I have been smoking a bit more with my wife. We are both enjoying my little hobby that became legal last year

I have the opposite my wife is the lifelong smoker I used to smoke heavily but stopped when my kids were born. Now that they are a little older I have been smoking a bit more with my wife. We are both enjoying my little hobby that became legal last year

truly blessed fellas here. hope theybtalk as fondly about US !. lol

That’s cool brother I like that, my girlfriend of 7 Years is the same. She’s fully accepted that cannabis is part of my life and she actually often tells me that she loves to see how much passion I have for growing which is awesome. She’s into gardening and loves helping with transplants ect. She joins for sneaky spliffs on the weekends :passitleft::ganjamon:I’ve got a keeper.
sounds like you have mate. enjoy the peace.

Update Day 20 veg: Only a quickie but with pics.
Girls have all been spread out for penetration. 1 week more i hope then its flip. basing my flip on getting the quads spread out and with good potential bud sites so need to have a few worthy and also need Bg41 to catch back up now. On that note the Bg has some great new growth in the missing nodes so will now be a full 5 limbed beast. 1 of the gorillas also has 3 nodes where the 3rd node is ??? very odd but very welcomed She will be a good yielder too
@ProfessorFlora , Dutchmann1990 , check out the Orange sherbet for freaky mutant genes.
Pog is loving being alive and showing daddy her love with great growth. feeding tomorrow .
Heres the girls
Pog looking proud
20190613_145322.jpg
Bg41 and her new growth
20190613_145349.jpg

Mutant Orange sherbet
20190613_145053.jpg

5 limbed Gz
20190613_144653.jpg
Cookie and the other gz
20190613_145719.jpg
20190613_145658.jpg
20190613_145543.jpg
20190613_135650.jpg

They're all looking good GG! :ganjamon::yummy: It's a great feeling when all your plants are all healthy like this. Loads of new growth developing!
1 week more i hope then its flip
I'd let them gooooo brother you've got good vertical space to play with so i'd give them good veg time to let those limbs get strong and get the full potential outta them. This round i'm on now again i wish i vegged another extra week, but you live and you learn :passitleft:but lets see how much they grow the next week

They're all looking good GG! :ganjamon::yummy: It's a great feeling when all your plants are all healthy like this. Loads of new growth developing!

I'd let them gooooo brother you've got good vertical space to play with so i'd give them good veg time to let those limbs get strong and get the full potential outta them. This round i'm on now again i wish i vegged another extra week, but you live and you learn :passitleft:but lets see how much they grow the next week
Thanks irie. i agree with you there. i dont grow small ladies as a rule and use the height i can. by let them go , do you mean vertically now mate ??

by let them go , do you mean vertically now mate ??
I think so, I’d give them a couple more weeks to grow out more vertically and also let them fill out their pots cause you’ve got space to move them around. A couple more weeks in veg will give those branches more strength to support heavier flowers :ganjamon:

Everything looks nice and healthy GG even the OS in her own unique way.
I usually veg for 8 weeks myself and don't have height issues but I always grow indicas for that reason. I have some Orange Sherbert I'm flipping in a day or 2 They got a little bigger then I would have liked but from watching @ProfessorFlora journal I know they won't stretch very much

I usually veg for 8 weeks myself and don't have height issues but I always grow indicas for that reason. I have some Orange Sherbert I'm flipping in a day or 2 They got a little bigger then I would have liked but from watching @ProfessorFlora journal I know they won't stretch very much
Not too much stretch that one. She'd be great for sea of green setups

I can go 1.5m at most before major bending would be done. The space fully fills if not managed and it gets harder to get air around well but if i use the stretch for the vertical growth , i hoped it would keep them lower with less lateral spread too and with their own grow spaces. nothing harder than keeping them seperated when they all want the whole light themselves. Profs looks a beauty now too.

I think so, I’d give them a couple more weeks to grow out more vertically and also let them fill out their pots cause you’ve got space to move them around. A couple more weeks in veg will give those branches more strength to support heavier flowers :ganjamon:
with you on all counts and am hoping to see some good bud site show themselves and get moving. I am being optimistic on the week thing too.lol never goes as expected. seeing how they are forming up it will hopefully be a case of watching them go vertical to see how they fill out before another tie down and defol for light penetration. Thanks irie. I appreciate the experienced nudges from you.

Not too much stretch that one. She'd be great for sea of green setups
worth knowing prof, n420. will release her straps a little too if she is slower to get taller. she is an odd bod and looks more like a cabbage growing out.lol Sounds like she will need the pre stretch vertical more than the others and i dont want her shadowing out by them.

I kinda have a modified sog in my tent but have 5 large plants that I topped once then lst the main branches to give me a nice even canopy. the only downside is they are pretty packed in there so I may take one out and put it in my second tent that is finishing up flower in a couple of weeks

Update Day 23 Veg:
R.h 70%
temp 26.3°c
Fed at 700 ppm 2 days ago
The Opera is going well so far. No signs of the fat lady singing either so all good.!
Generally happy all round with growth rate and their response to the tie downs and lst abuse.
I got up to only 1 light working today which caused Major Panic as i didnt know if it was the bulb or the ballast. I am happy to say it was only the bulb. I do have a replacement ,enhanced for flower, hps bulb i wanted to change to when i flipped them so started to change it out and cracked the new fucking bulb grrrr. £30 up the chuff !!@#$#
I had two for the flip so used the other one but now have to use an older bulb when i do flip to replace the other MH. I am hopefully purchasing some tsl2000's this week so will be trying L.e.d for the flowering period. I will be bugging a few folks for advice and best settings , height ect.
I think the gremlins heard me discussing it with Mrs GG so put the boot in!!!
here goes the girls

Phantom Og This lady is impressive with her response to ttraining. She has been fairly supple for bending her down and hasn't seemed to need recovery time before turning back up. A soft spot for this girl is developing i think. She is a very productive girl and her new growth is all along her limbs.
20190616_173643.jpg
20190616_173631.jpg

Blue Gelato 41 : After the shock of my slaughter of two limbs and her rebellious comeback with 4 more , she is flying. Filling her pot out well considering. Her new growth is happy and nicely green with a nice thickness starting to show in her stems.
20190616_173457.jpg
20190616_173449.jpg

Orange Sherbet : Her leaves are starting to straighten out in some places but generally still looks a little freaky and twisted. I am hoping time will bring this ugly duckling into her own. fingers crossed , especially when you see Profs beauty.
20190616_173424.jpg
20190616_173402.jpg

Cookie Kush : She is no trouble at all to grow so far. she is on the outer edge of the grow but is ambling along nicely. She bends and twists well but i did cause 2 small splits that are on the mend now. She has lots of growth sites to keep her productive. Roll on the kush beasty.
20190616_173845.jpg
20190616_173710.jpg
20190616_172353.jpg

( Cont......)

Back
Top Bottom