The Phantom Og The Opera Goes Apeshit: Starring Barney's Farm Gorilla Zkittelz, Phantom OG & Supporting Cast

Hey GG looking good so far always like to check out some Barney's strains and your sense of humor is worth the price of admission
thankyou for saying mate. welcome anytime N420.

Day 13 veg update. Keeping my eyes open for any signs of those horrible mites on these beauties. so far so good. It had been a couple of days since the hacking session . All the plants are showing good recovery too.
The gelato, phantom og and the Orange Sherbet are doing the best so far. I am very happy with the growth rates pn these girls. very vigorous and healthy looking despite the topping and stripping. The GZ are all doing well too. They are a mixed pheno by the look of their leaf differences and structures before the chop so should have a good harvest for them.
Cookie is happy enough in her plastic pot. Will be interesting to see if it makes a difference to the others.
I am due to feed them again tomorrow and they still have a good amount of moisture still in the coco. I am tempted to run some ph'd water through before i feed again to flush any excess build up and avoid having to dtw 20% . . Need to work out a better way to dump run off and make the process less hassle.
I can see the 4 nodes stretching out on all of them more than this morning so hopefully will enable me to start pinning them down and quad prep.
Temps are still a little up so rerouted exhaust intake into the room to help. I have another 4" intake fan to bring some more cooler air if it continues. So need to get over to L.E.D but finances wont get me anywhere nearer than hoping.lol
I keep trying sponsors and comps to no avail so will have to think another way now. heat and running costs too high..Also have a run of Autos on route.for next run so need a light i can do a 20/4 with that wont cost a packet to run.

Heres the latest ladies shots
20190606_231746.jpg
20190606_231736.jpg
20190606_231719.jpg
20190606_231656.jpg
20190606_231600.jpg
20190606_084913.jpg
20190606_084904.jpg
20190606_084823.jpg
20190604_202853.jpg

For me that was the only downside with autos. To get the most out of them you need to run the lights longer. I tried one on 12/12 and it was as expected. Whispy foxtails that took 12+ weeks to get to harvest. I like the look of the BG41. Good job GG

They all seem to have sailed through the haircuts just fine,all looking happy & healthy...
Enjoy your break before the bondage begins...
The POG looks like she was just waiting for you to get that damn top out of her way so she can get with the program...

For me that was the only downside with autos. To get the most out of them you need to run the lights longer. I tried one on 12/12 and it was as expected. Whispy foxtails that took 12+ weeks to get to harvest. I like the look of the BG41. Good job GG
Thanks for the heads up. been searching and reading about running together with photos too. your comment is timed perfect prof. thanks. That was my concern over going 12/12 if dont run as a total auto schedule. want to use 20/4 for them. Am hoping i vmcan sort an L.e.d set up before doing them. So need to get my bills and heat down. Mrs GG getting very observant over cost of growing now too. !!. Have been sponsored with 9 autos so enough for a full run ( fb smoothie , lsd and bluedream matic. ) On a diff site too but will be journaling here as well. Happy to get another sponsored and fancied trying autos seeing dutchmann1990 nailing them. tried a barneys pineapple express and fucked it right up trying to grow it along with photos. kicking myself for thinking it was just a case of putting into flower with the others. Most of the leaves fell off and left a 4g bud to harvest.lol oooops. was about 1.5m tall too.
The bg, ph and Os are impressing me no end with their speed to node building. am hoping lowering the temp will get them all moving by the weekend. getting impatient to actually train now. Hate lopping them up agter waiting for them to grow initially. always seems a waste until a lot later when they go mad.lol Think the auxins are def altering now so fingers crossed. Glad you can bring the bg to the party now mate. still a small window for the sl to make it although she doesnt seem to be playing ball on the root nodes yet.. good luck. Thanks for the comments and heads up too. priceless timing as usual.

They all seem to have sailed through the haircuts just fine,all looking happy & healthy...
Enjoy your break before the bondage begins...
The POG looks like she was just waiting for you to get that damn top out of her way so she can get with the program...
I have to agree with you there mate , she is crispy fresh too. been using siliconMax to help with the flexing later too , the Golden tree also has silicon too so should keep them pliable for the bending to come. I am looking forward to an all quad grow for easier management. I have toyed with it in various formats and grows on a couple of plants and always kicked myself for not getting them all uniform. I do like a good scrog but my space/light set up now is too limiting so the Quad is perfect to do them all now. Love seeing the results and my last couple of grows have been dominated by quaded ladies spreading out. My last PC and Liberty held a quarter of the space between them and both got the hell stripped out of them a few times. Seeing the growth explode once the light gets to the inner stem and grow tips is shocking.
The pog is my fave at the moment but the Os is a great producer of budsites if you look at prof floras girls.( advise anyone to go see his work , amazing grower and guy to chew the fat with )
loving the GZ which i bought with the them being my main must have. cannot wait to sample all of these girls and i know it will be a wrestling match to keep the cookie kush under manners too. love how kush grows. Have a great day mate

It was actually a Fastbuds GSC that I did under 12/12. I've run that strain a few time and love it but under the photo flowering schedule it stretched like mad and like I said, didn't perform very well. Fastbuds are pretty much my go to for Autos and I've done a good slab of their catalogue. I've done the LSD but not the Smoothie or Blue Dreamatic before so I'll look forward to seeing you run them. That LSD can go pretty dark. She's a beautiful plant.

It was actually a Fastbuds GSC that I did under 12/12. I've run that strain a few time and love it but under the photo flowering schedule it stretched like mad and like I said, didn't perform very well. Fastbuds are pretty much my go to for Autos and I've done a good slab of their catalogue. I've done the LSD but not the Smoothie or Blue Dreamatic before so I'll look forward to seeing you run them. That LSD can go pretty dark. She's a beautiful plant.
Hahaha you were activated in my universe for me to link up with Prof. Again with the timing . i have been trying to think of who to "johnny Five , input" on the autos. Not got any real exp as always been a phot/fem fan for the time to train ect.. and autos were a gimmick way back...Fancied the idea of the fb's after stopping by there when setting up to buy the Barneys. think thats how come it prompted a contact from them maybe? It is perfect that you have exp with the same breeder too. Will be a great chance to not screw them up with your help. Hooking up with you on these grows has given me a new zeal for the site and future grows. Thanks for that prof and the same goes for the others on this journey too. been a great start with some great guys around to share seats with. Huge respect to you all for being here. This will be my best one to date with so much exp and knowledge already being offered up, i feel it in my old bones.

Update Day 16 Veg: Well what can i say about these ladies.? They continue to keep me smiling and happy at their progress. They have recovered well from the topping and node strippings and are well on their way with their paired 3rd and 4th nodes.
Phantom Og ( pog) has been the most active and vigorous so far. Her leaves are nice and crisp and stand up great. She is quite easy to bend without the need for any squishing to get her moving. Her fans have reached the edges and i am now looking at pinning her down to lst now.
20190609_112010.jpg
20190609_112004.jpg
20190609_111928.jpg

Blue Gelato 41 Is looking happy and green with no signs of stress from the strip. I am on a limb with how these grow as have yet to find a journal ro follow on it but she sounds like a beautiful strain. Seeing how much she has grown , i dont doubt her credentials come flowering stretch.
20190609_111915.jpg
20190609_111909.jpg
20190608_095111.jpg
20190608_095107.jpg

(cont...)

Attachments

• 20190608_095058.jpg
    20190608_095058.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 28
Update day 16 veg (cont...):
Cookie Kush is being a Kush !. She is floating along merrily minding her own business until she pounces and fills the space, in typical Kush fashion. I am curious to see how well she takes to the quad for flowering with her aspirations.
20190607_140755.jpg
20190607_140740.jpg
20190607_140736.jpg

Orange Sherbet as expected is a beautiful mutant still. Her missing/deformed limb wont hold her back at all and her look is nice and bushy to date. Growing out nicely and has a few nodes forming in the right places for quadlines. Another must have for me seeing profs work.
20190609_111859.jpg
20190609_111852.jpg
20190608_094702.jpg

Gorilla Zkittelz All four ladies are doing brilliantly. One of them is a thicker version of the others and a definite difference in pheno. I am pleased with their growth speed and expect them to get very big as they quadline. They are taller and thinner than the other strains but i expect they will all hopefully be around the same height if trained right. I am looking forward to the flowering of these special ladies so much.
20190609_221051.jpg
20190609_221044.jpg
20190609_221031.jpg

I expect to see a huge difference in the buds of all these varieties and hope they will grow together with no big issues. I can tailor feeds better now that i am hand feeding in coco but hope they all take to the feeds without an issue. I am due to feed them all again tomorrow and i think the lower ppm has served better. I do need to get them out of the nft tank now so i can get some space between them for the long haul but i need to think of a runoff solution first.??.
Temps have been steadier today and kept below 23°c . doors have been open while i can but i know that will change as soon as the flowering starts.
Hope everyone is well and all the grows are as they should be. Peace and blessings

Hey GG got some healthy happy ladies there looking great after the topping and the strip. I am interested to see you quadline them something I have never tried but am interested in

725675-01.jpg
This is what I use to deal with the run off in my grows. They are plant elevators and I put them in deep saucers. The run off collects in the saucers and the elevators keep the pots out of the runoff. The run off evaporates in a day or 2. I got them at my hydro shop for $3 each and have also seen them online for a similar price

Hey GG got some healthy happy ladies there looking great after the topping and the strip. I am interested to see you quadline them something I have never tried but am interested in

725675-01.jpg
This is what I use to deal with the run off in my grows. They are plant elevators and I put them in deep saucers. The run off collects in the saucers and the elevators keep the pots out of the runoff. The run off evaporates in a day or 2. I got them at my hydro shop for $3 each and have also seen them online for a similar price
Hi mate . if you click on the link to the quad community thread , there are some great how to guides and why to. You should join the fun n420. If space is an issue , it is a brilliant method. Vey easy to do and manage too. i hope i can demonstrate a good version of them for you too. You would never go back to big lanky girls again.lol

I like the elevators and use a diy version with wood.lol i want to dump the runnoff after it has run into a low tote but cant find anything to use instead of these nft trays.

They're all looking great GG! :yahoo::popcorn: Doesn't seem like they're giving you any troubles right now. Let's hope they stay that way!

They're all looking great GG! :yahoo::popcorn: Doesn't seem like they're giving you any troubles right now. Let's hope they stay that way!
so far so good mate but did snap 2 nodes on the bg41 last night when i dropped my phone on her. gutted. she wont be any kind of quad now i dont think. I have grafted one back in but dont hold any hope for it.lol
lights went out as i was giving them a feed so i used phone torch for light, doh........

Ouch! I can imagine that happening to me...:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom