The Quadsquad Thread: A Community For Quadlining

Yesterday was Day 42. Gave both plants a defoliate & some lst.
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG

Hello Quad Liners, I’m trying my luck at quad lining and having a lot of fun with it. Frustration too at times. I’m hoping this will help get my cheap led lighting to all of the bud sights. Here’s a few pics of my attempt at Quad Line.

Everybody’s quadlines are lookin great right now! Awesome job peeps! Here’s a couple of my Black Cherry O’s after a light defoliation. Just took off the few leaves that pointed inward because they were covering the inner shoots!
3B4B0D29-9F09-41B7-ABBF-F81CD50E2EF1.jpeg
E58FD6EC-FF5D-48C1-8B9D-4C789BF2C563.jpeg

Here's how my little Quadline project is going - coming along pretty well,but since I didn't do much
defoliating,you (or me) aren't going to see much of the quad framework for awhile...

Northern Lights on the left,Peyote Critical on the right-both 43 days from sprout,and on day 8 of 12/12

They're both 8" tall now,but getting a little wider everyday...

Brought them out to stretch their legs for a minute...Milk jug is for scale-
The Peyote Critical has about twice as many budsites as the Northern Lights,and seems to like the quad training a little more than she does...

Northern Lights is doing well,just not as branchy as the PC...

I'm not real big on defoliation,but they're both going to get a little of it in about 2 weeks...should know by then which branches/tops are worth saving,and which ones are not really going to do much..as it is,there's a lot of leaves,but all the tops are seeing the light,so all those leaves aren't blocking anything important,at least not yet.

I'll post another update in a week or so...they'll probably just be a little taller,and a little bushier by then...

Hi all! :ciao:
Well it’s chaos in my tent, but I’m doing my best to hold on. This is 12 days into 12/12 (go Hawks!)
I know you’re not supposed to have a favorite child and what not, but I do, and it’s my quad!
75C527CA-34C7-4012-B600-6ADE7D3691DB.jpeg
39D3F0A5-97C1-416B-B52E-98F6737D73BD.jpeg

The other girl I have of this style ended up being a tri-line. I didn’t grab a picture, but she’s crazy tall and messy af. Lol, I just love the symmetry of the true quad. It really helps that this good one is staying reasonably sized with some good node spacing. I’m looking forward to seeing how this one finishes out.

Gelato, my auto quad is still the main attraction in my tent. The main stem on her is over 1/4" wide and the branches at node one are really packing on the girth now too. Needed to add another pair of garden staples to hold them down.

20190529_202039.jpg
20190529_202218.jpg

Have a knife day

Gelato, my auto quad is still the main attraction in my tent. The main stem on her is over 1/4" wide and the branches at node one are really packing on the girth now too. Needed to add another pair of garden staples to hold them down.

20190529_202039.jpg
20190529_202218.jpg

Have a knife day
Looks good Knifemaker. You might want to let those arms come back up just a smidge. If they're held flat like that, they'll start growing upwards instead of continuing outward to the edge of the pot. I think Ase has said about a 10 degree angle (?) but just not all the way flat. Someone can chime in on the degree of the angle if I’m remembering wrong.

Looks good Knifemaker. You might want to let those arms come back up just a smidge. If they're held flat like that, they'll start growing upwards instead of continuing outward to the edge of the pot. I think Ase has said about a 10 degree angle (?) but just not all the way flat. Someone can chime in on the degree of the angle if I’m remembering wrong.
Thanks, I will let them up a bit when I get home from work. I knew I didnt want to go past flat with them and have been keeping it so the branches stay on a slightly upward angle, staying above the node they sprouted from. I'll let them angle up a bit more. :)
Have a knife day

Just started my first quadline adventure. Candy Kush just had the 1st & 2nd nodes removed. Will give her a day or two to recover then she will be topped. My Cream Mandarine isn't quite ready but she'll have the same treatment soon.
Before:
IMG_20190530_092609_DRO.jpg

After:
IMG_20190530_155447_DRO.jpg

Welcome to the quadline party,Vet!
I think you're going to like this process-it's almost like lst ing 4
plants in one pot-really gets those branches going...

Morning everyone, on the advice of @Heavenly Hybrid, I went ahead and let the arms come up a bit more. Decided to just pull up the staples and instead of using them to do the holding down I'm using them as anchor points for the rubber coated gardening wire.
20190531_063251.jpg
20190531_063334.jpg

Morning everyone, on the advice of @Heavenly Hybrid, I went ahead and let the arms come up a bit more. Decided to just pull up the staples and instead of using them to do the holding down I'm using them as anchor points for the rubber coated gardening wire.
20190531_063251.jpg
20190531_063334.jpg
Great job KM! Perfect angle. The wrapped wire is a good add too, not quite as harsh on the stems. I’d just say as you continue to adjust the ties as it grows, keep an eye on your main stalk and try to keep it as straight as you are able. It’s not as crucial, but it will help build a solid base for the monster colas coming your way. Great job :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom