The Quadsquad Thread: A Community For Quadlining

Thanks for the great post Dutch! Basically do as Dutch said exactly.

@jodyhighrollr store..pipe cleaners best 1$ you'll spend u get like 50 60 of em
Screenshot_20190929-230456_Chrome~2.jpg
same method as described above massage the branch to coax in desired direction and in about 5 to 7 days you can untie or re tie I recommend because as girth of the branch increases it grows around the pipe cleaner if your not used to em and u fasten them to tight... like and old tree growing around and engulfing a chain pretty cool if you left it it would probally swallow the whole thing ...another thing do your tieing to the sides of the buckets drill ur holes way above dirt level because there cheap metal and when they repeatedly get wet they will rust eventually and break

@Dutchman1990 thank you! I went to a local garden supply store and Walmart/homedepot and when I explained it people looked at me like I had two heads. A few guys at the garden supply stuff grow and I said quadline and got the same looks. I will definitely check our your journal!! Thanks again
I found some on the Zon

Hey folks! Just thought I'd pop in and give a little update as to what's up with me, for the few kicking around who still remember me.

Back in the spring my family made the decision to move halfway across the country, back to where my wife and I grew up and where most of our friends and family were. We had an insane spring and summer as we packed up and sold our first home, where we started our family, and moved and got new jobs, new schools and a new home. My spring grows wrapped up by the end of June, and within weeks the tents were down and we were showing the house to buyers.

Our move went successfully, and now I've started growing again. My wife's illness has been acting up, so I've gotten some CBD strains going for her.

In the spirit of #quadline - I have 4 plants that were just up-potted, and were topped before repotting. Those plants are Violator Kush by Barney's Farm, CBDream by Crop King Seeds, Heavy Grapefruit by Europa Seeds and 24K Gold by DNA Genetics. A couple of older seeds and throwbacks to my first grows. I tried getting 4 LA Confidential seeds, the first ones I eve bought, going too but no dice. I'll likely flip these ASAP so that I can make my wife some meds.

I have 5 other plants just popping through the surface of the coco as well. Those are Wedding Cake by Garden of Green, Z&Z by Exotic Seeds, French Cookies by TH Seeds, Kosher Kush by DNA Genetics, and a lowly Candida by Medical Marijuana Genetics.

Best way to connect with me might be insta. I've connected to a few of my 420mag buds over there, but not all - like @Asesino85, @Derbybud and @JustMeds for example. I'll try to pop in from time to time and check out everyone's journals.

Hello everyone, just thought I'd post a little update for the #Quadsquad project. The auto-flowers I started are nearing harvest (only a few weeks to go) and while they didn't get as large as I would have liked, I think they will be able to hold us over until the Critical Purple Kush photoperiod plant can be harvested. I am definitely preferring the quadline method on photoperiod plants, mainly for the ability to control the switch to flower to allow for maximum training recovery. I will be recommending this training method to anyone I meet whom expresses interest in growing cannabis (and will refer them to this community in the process).

happy growing everyone.

CPK photoperiod with closeup of quadline structure:
Critical_Purple_Kush.jpg
Quadline_Structure.jpg

Lemon Skunk quadlined autos:

Lemon_Skunk_No_1.jpg
Lemon_Skunk_No_2.jpg

What's up quadsquad! Hoping to join the ranks soon but I had a few questions about it before jumping in. Do the girls need to be in a certain size pot before getting the chop? For example their final pot vs 1 gallon etc.

I have 3 sativa's growing, 2 raspberry cough by Nirvana in the dark pots and one DK orange by darkside in the solo cup and want to get the most out of my 2x4.... 3 gallon and 5 gallon pots are options.

some plant specific questions:
This girl is a bit of a mutant. Is the quadlife for her or is she not a viable candidate?
IMG_20191120_005310.jpg

Also, ignoring the fried cotyledon is the first serrated leaf with the brown tip considered the first node?
IMG_20191120_005039.jpg

Here are the three together. I was going to strip the first 2 nodes on the DK solo cup and up pot in a day or 2 as she's ready for transplant but she's on the 4th node with the 5th node barely pushing out.
IMG_20191120_005332.jpg

My jacked up but non mutant Raspberry is on the 7th node, pushing the 8th and is over due I suppose. Just waiting on her to bounce back from some bad soil calls I made
IMG_20191120_005255.jpg

Hi, Last growing season I was inspired by Light Addict postings to try Fluxing. That was very interesting and helped my outdoor balcony grow to be reasonably stealthy. I realized in following Light Addict's guidelines that they were maybe not 100% suitable for doing outdoors. I say that because he advocated pruning off the under/over shoots and leaving the side by side shoots. I think this works great when growing indoors as the grower has all the time necessary to remain in veg mode until the necessary foundation training is set for the switch to 12/12 and flowering. However, for growing outdoors once nature tells the plant to start flowering that's it. I felt a little regret at the pruning/training I did last season, as it seems that having done so I may have reduced some of the potential yield.

For this season's grow I decided that instead of Fluxing I would Quadline 3 plants. I feel for my situation of growing outdoors yet wanting a stealth grow that Quadlining suggests it will help me get the maximum yield. Last year with flux training I diligently removed all over/under shoots and regularly pruned off any leaves that covered bud sites. So far this year (in about week 10 of veg) I haven't yet done any additional pruning except to take a couple of leaves that I used to test out a Brix refractometer I bought. So far my plants look much advanced from last year's heavily trained/pruned Fluxing, I wonder whether if this year's grow is rocketing ahead more because it hasn't been stunted back to some degree from pruning. My thoughts are that any pruning of shoots that I do will perhaps more focus on any crowded ones that are very thin, as it seems to me that thin branches don't seem to result in as much bud as thicker branches. I also will look at pruning off any fan leaves obstructing light to bud sites on a case by case basis. They are now in there final pots and the quadlines are reaching the rim of the pots, I intend to train the quadlines to grow around the rim in an attempt to keep the height reduced until flowering starts in another 6 - 8 weeks I guess. Anyway great thread, as Quadlining I think deserves it own dedicated thread.
:bongrip:

My 3 Quadlined plants today, at about 10 weeks since germination. To my eye they appear healthy and coming along nicely. I just wish I could 100% ascertain the gender so I can cull anything that is a male and pop in a replacement to make use of the pot while there is still time in the outdoor season. Still hard to tell when looking at the gender structures before balls or pistils have developed.

First Grow and trying a semi quadline on 2 of the 3. I didn't trim the 2nd node off because I topped too early (right after 4th node instead of letting it get older and topping more off) and she didn't respond well so I didn't want to top again on them. Been making lots of mistakes and learning lots so she isn't growing too fast but I'm getting there! I guess I have a variation but same principle. I worked the additional two branches to curl and fit between the four from the 3rd and 4th node so I have 6 evenly spaced branches out to the ends of the pot about to let them grow vertically now that they are close to level after some serious training.

Attachments

• IMG_20191115_2139302.jpg
    IMG_20191115_2139302.jpg
    677.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20191115_2139093.jpg
    IMG_20191115_2139093.jpg
    906.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20191113_0553237.jpg
    IMG_20191113_0553237.jpg
    796.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20191109_1230478.jpg
    IMG_20191109_1230478.jpg