The Quadsquad Thread: A Community For Quadlining

With Quadlining (topping+LST) and supercropping (bending) the "too tall" branches,you should be able to keep them pretty short.
If you want them to spread out,you may want to grow fewer plants-1 sq. ft. of space isn't enough for them to spread out much.
I grow in a 2x2,and it gets tight in there with just 2 quadlined plants.

Either way you’ll be investing time to do it properly. @Virandell
I am not worried about time :D I seen few plants what been completely flat at the end of the training and after stretching they been looking like they had 4foot :D I wonder is it becouse people taking stalk off at the end ?
@carcass thanks buddy I think I might do 4 plants quadline and about 30-35 day veg we will see how that will look
And again sorry guys my English is not to good and I might sometimes miss understand you :)

Hi all. Just trotting past with the frames of my last run. 9.5oz off these and they were short!
This technique is Ace’s :cool:

B3B6EC37-9289-4B75-8CAE-C550CA41A1AD.jpeg
7C7F4036-7E4A-4A9E-8EC5-412A8B943CC4.jpeg

The best best thing is to get in there and do it and make it work. You won’t know how much they will stretch until they are finished. Take clones then you’ll have better predictably next time, but first time out you just gotta get it done.
:goodluck:

After I did my 2nd grow in a Quadline attempt I thought I would just go back and mainline my 3rd grow, and well I didn’t. This time I think my attempt has worked out much better, but I should of been watering more frequently and didn’t get as much stretch as I was hoping but they have just started week 5 of flowering and are looking good with tons of cola sites.

DOCTOR SEEDSMAN CBD
2145663E-D1FE-4AA2-AD2F-A8E2E5A22611.jpeg
31154473-9B72-4DFD-893C-C3C33B60D71D.jpeg

PURPLE URKLE
9BF092BA-41B0-4808-B7E5-C6AA7E3A8388.jpeg
5A9F8E32-7043-42CE-9169-1C5E3DA8D733.jpeg

DO-SI-DOS
09FA2DFD-6EB2-4402-B2C4-704337139827.jpeg
32A79FF9-6275-48E8-B5A1-09A68EBE6355.jpeg

PURPLE BUD
15B805B5-EBEF-4DF7-8B0B-FB40EF6B6D61.jpeg
628CE506-C6F1-4D27-9558-F7095D1D446C.jpeg

EC823ABE-2AE6-4C26-9920-411A7C805596.jpeg

With Quadlining (topping+LST) and supercropping (bending) the "too tall" branches,you should be able to keep them pretty short.
If you want them to spread out,you may want to grow fewer plants-1 sq. ft. of space isn't enough for them to spread out much.
I grow in a 2x2,and it gets tight in there with just 2 quadlined plants.
What size pots do you use? Do you think 4 x two gallon pots would be ok?

I use 3 gallon, but 2's would be ok if you're going to go with 4 plants-it should help keep them on the smaller side...
1 square foot each is a pretty small space for a quadline, but it should work,you'll just have to train them to not get very wide.

I use 3 gallon, but 2's would be ok if you're going to go with 4 plants-it should help keep them on the smaller side...
1 square foot each is a pretty small space for a quadline, but it should work,you'll just have to train them to not get very wide.
That's what I'll do then, train them narrow. I was going to be more sensible and just flower two of plants but then I committed to another and somehow I popped yet another seed. I think two inch pots are about 8" wide. It will be too tight I think once they stretch up. I guess I'll just quadline the two of them and make the other two grow straight upwards and put them in one gallons.

Last spring for one reason or another I ended up with 7 plants in there and it became overwhelming for me. I ruined a couple of them one way or another although they were all smokable thank goodness! I was into growing then but I'm way more into it now. Quadlining is the perfect solution, great results and it really appeals to the OCD.

These are the two I've started.
Day 40.JPGDay 40.JPG
First is Phantom Cookies Domina and on the other is Chocolate Haze.

Glad I found this thread! :peace: :love::hookah:

Last spring for one reason or another I ended up with 7 plants in there

If you plant extras, because you're pretty sure they won't all sprout...they will all sprout...
it's one of those "unwritten laws" :)

It does take a bit of regular time to stay on top of the training. Last season, I let them get away from me and the resulting plants got a little higher than I ideally wanted (stealth requirement). If I can keep them horizontal until flowering which last year began in January, then I hopefully I will get low profile plants. :hookah:

Back
Top Bottom