The VipersNest Continuous

Hey Pit...Very "sanitary" set up. Fo sho, state of the art...No cooling flex on your lights? I must be doin somethin wrong. Even with a light mover, Ive had to run air thru my 1000 otherwise the tops suffer toastage...

How do you manage your room air exchange? Are the 2 cone fans at the rear left both intake or 1 intake & 1 exhaust? Your cinder block walls are a growers dream...warm in winter, cool in summer and wash n go eh? Are you runnin 220V to the controller to run both lites? Man that thing looks like it could control a rocket ship. LOL

If this the Emerald City bro, you must be the new resident Wizard...LOL Again man, much thanks for all you share... :peace: MF

I have to thank my partner for that..hes a HV electrician. Im not even gonna try to explain the timer unit..it goes 220V and splits the circuit to each lamp...There is an interlock to link both lamps and timer...if you see the timers the dials are different..the r/s isnt a factor with time due to the interlock...the left dial is the main timer...did I explain that right? It is obviously "commercial" stuff, and I we have 12 outlet boxes thruout the room....never a problem for volts.
We bought the 2 vortex/cannister filters but after running the lamps we found out our ambient temp was 80F, sometimes 82F...very manageable.
we run one of the filters 24/7 and the second is used to drag around the house when we are harvesting in another room...its so intense when I harvest my eyes water and I cant breathe and the filter eliminates that.
Now...we are on the cusp of an issue...when we add another 1k lamp our temps wont likely be as manageable so we are gearing up for that at next grow.
He wants to add 2 1K's and trolley them on short extensions of duct...they will only have to move a few feet instead of the 7' the movers travel now.
I figure its easuer to add 2 than 1.
I dont think the room will ever be done...its a constantly evolving project.
Weve bought a alot of stuff but the end seems closer now

Wow Pit you got room ceiling space to bloom those buttes?

Sure looks good,wish ya all the luck bro.........
:cheer::ganjamon:

we have plenty of space...Ill chop plants to protect the herd if ness but it should be fine....after 73 miles of string and donning my Spiderpig suit it will be fine.
:peace:

Emerald City
Emerald_City.jpg

:yummy::yummy::yummy:

:popcorn:

A field of dreams!

Or "I Dream of Fields"...lol. Pit, ladies are looking heavenly. You would definately benefit from LST on your taller plants. Keeping all the buds at the same height as your surrounding plants would increase the amount of light available to the lower buds, thereby increasing yield. It worked great on our 2 Jamaicans, and I have no doubt that with your skill and experience, it would work very well for you.

Or "I Dream of Fields"...lol. Pit, ladies are looking heavenly. You would definately benefit from LST on your taller plants. Keeping all the buds at the same height as your surrounding plants would increase the amount of light available to the lower buds, thereby increasing yield. It worked great on our 2 Jamaicans, and I have no doubt that with your skill and experience, it would work very well for you.

my only concern is that if he LST's he's going to lose floor space, and probably wont be able to fit as many plants in there

Yea, you know what, lemme borrow a few of your plants so i can LST'em for ya. I'll give you a complete smoke report and everything :cheer:

Looking good Pit. I have to agree with most of the others. LST seems to be the way to go with the taller plants. I plan to play with lst this round myself. Your grows would really be something with 2 more 1k lights. I can't wait to see that! Deffenately going to cause some heat issues though.

HST was definetly necessary at this point. No wasteing time, shes only going to get bigger. But honestly pit LST is a great way to increase yeild and light availability, like it said "if the floor space is there." But onthe next run there will be more light so you'll definetly have the floor space, since yoiu can spread out a little more.

HST was definetly necessary at this point. No wasteing time, shes only going to get bigger. But honestly pit LST is a great way to increase yeild and light availability, like it said "if the floor space is there." But onthe next run there will be more light so you'll definetly have the floor space, since yoiu can spread out a little more.

Thanx for the input, I concur, its nice to get different opinions inputs.
I dont really have any more floor space, I think my gameplan works for my situation, I will try LST no matter what just to try. a couple plants and see what happens
I will always try something and a couple plants should be fun

looking great pit,I dont know how you handle all them plants,they look very healthy thats the big thing.:surf:

thanx Spike...its a labor of love
:peace:

my bad for mixing up your nutes.. i musta missed the H&G post...

:nicethread: regardless
i tried reppin ya but it says i gotta spread it around more lol :nomo:

No prob on the input. So I checked the indoor growers bible and this is what it states, word for word:

Marijuana Horticulture: The Indoor/Outdoor Medical Grower's Bible By Jorge Cervantes: Give plants 36 hours of total darkness just before inducing flowering with the 12/12 photoperiod. This heavy dose of darkness sends plants an unmistakable signal to flower sooner. Growers using this technique report, that plants normally show signs of flowering, such as pistil formation, within 2 weeks and devolop pistils after a week of flowering.
Growers have experimented with giving plants up to 48 hours of total darkness to jump-start flowering have found that 36 hours- three contiguous 12-hour nights- is most effective.

So to clearify I was wrong when I stated that it was said in the Indoor/Outdoor Growers Bible. But in my experience in using this technique, it cut the stretch down. But, again, this is just my experience. I've used this process in the past and it has helped me control height of sativa dominite strains.

This has got to be the most popular thread. I don't read it for a week and I am hopelessly behind. So growing sativa and indicas together is causing some problems ... not really too much of a surprise there. I wish I could get you to reconsider on growing sativas; the space you have is optimal for them. I voted for the Armageddon and was hoping to see how well it did in your space.

Starting LSTwouldn't be advisable at this point in the grow IMHO. I think using the HST was the correct choice given their maturity level. Typically it is better to plan on doing it from the start. ScrOG is really an LST method BTW. By using LST, instead of fewer and larger colas, the plant will give more but smaller buds. That is because when a branch is pulled to point parallel or down to the ground, the auxins will encourage side branching from that main branch. This does take some time to happen and the side branches will not get as tall. So, LST can help in getting the heights between plants to be more even just by slowing down the growth of the more vigorous plant for a time while it makes those additional branches.

Looking great though Pit. You have some very high quality "problems" for sure.

Hope this was clear enough. My thoughts are a bit scattered ATM.

By using LST, instead of fewer and larger colas, the plant will give more but smaller buds. That is because when a branch is pulled to point parallel or down to the ground, the auxins will encourage side branching from that main branch. This does take some time to happen and the side branches will not get as tall. So, LST can help in getting the heights between plants to be more even just by slowing down the growth of the more vigorous plant for a time while it makes those additional branches.

well, i think this is kinda right. . . if you lst after going to 12/12 this will be the outcome, but if you lst in veg, and then let them stretch normal, the buds should be relatively the same size as a normal cola. but obviously if you lst during the stretch, then the side colas wont be able to get as big as a cola that stretched straight up the whole time.

Hey guys thanks for all the good info on the dark cycle before bloom. BTW pit I was at the shop today and stocked up on some more great H&G nutes and bought that magnum xxxl against you advice but hey live and learn I say. Your garden looks great. I'll be back your way here soon as I forgot to get neoprenes for the pots. Note to readers don't get high on way to hydro shop.

Thanks for the grow
Cowboy

Wow and I thought I would have a good harvest LOL man your set up is awesome....well done!

Back
Top Bottom