The VipersNest Continuous

Butcher I wouldnt have believed it myself...but look at the pictures. I took the pics after 30 hrs and then turned the lights on. You can see all the fresh growth from the previous pics. I was astounded. The LHaze hit the glass on the lamps..had to raise them

I completely believe you..The difference is in the picts. And I see those picts. Thats awsome. I'm stoked for you. Thats a blessing. And the dark period really helped cut the stretch, YEAH? As well as the harvest date, if I'm correct. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Doesn't it cut the stretching time out due to them going straight to flower rather then having the 2 week stretch?

I completely believe you..The difference is in the picts. And I see those picts. Thats awsome. I'm stoked for you. Thats a blessing. And the dark period really helped cut the stretch, YEAH? As well as the harvest date, if I'm correct. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Doesn't it cut the stretching time out due to them going straight to flower rather then having the 2 week stretch?

Thats a good question Butcher, I really never pondered it that way. When we first got hooked up with the local hydro store I instantly trusted him..became friends and such. He told me 30 hrs is the magic number. It just slams them right into bloom.. The stretch is getting out of control on the LHazes and the whole garden is growing at that rate. I dont think the harvest time is altered at all.....possibly the 2 week stretch is lessened. Its one of those things that I took as gospel and have never changed........I assumed evryone did the same or a simiar thing.

I do it when I dont want my plants to stretch as much. I got it from the growers bible. The process has helped me out when it comes to sativas. Sativas get way to big, way to fast. I got some of the Lhaze, and have been watching yours closely and damn. Your handling them like a champ. I really cant wait to see how long they take to fully mature. And your Armegeddon is another one thats getting big. Thats one I've always wanted to see grow. Cant say it enough great picks.And I really feel you when you said its better to go with just a couple strains at once. But its just like us to want our cake and eat it too.

I didn't know that 30 hour to triger would stop them from stretching....going to use that nex time around........

Or did you bring this once before Pit....how knows i'm stoned again...lol:Rasta::Rasta:

I didn't know that 30 hour to triger would stop them from stretching....going to use that nex time around........

Or did you bring this once before Pit....how knows i'm stoned again...lol:Rasta::Rasta:

I never said I did this to reduce stretch but that may be one of the benfits. It was just explained to me that a complete dark cycle forces flowerfing...30 hrs was the optimum..but thats also 2nd hand info and possibly just the opinion of the guy I met. Im jusst saying that I practice it.

I got a copy of the growers bible, on my computer. So I'm going to see if I can find the info on it. That way if I'm wrong then I can correct myself. Wouldnt want to pass along wrong info.

let me know...Im very curious

I never said I did this to reduce stretch but that may be one of the benfits. It was just explained to me that a complete dark cycle forces flowerfing...30 hrs was the optimum..but thats also 2nd hand info and possibly just the opinion of the guy I met. Im jusst saying that I practice it.

if it works, go with it! i have heard of other people doing it, wasnt sure why. personally i dont do that because it just isnt natural, not what happens in nature, not what happens in my growroom!

good job pit

if it works, go with it! i have heard of other people doing it, wasnt sure why. personally i dont do that because it just isnt natural, not what happens in nature, not what happens in my growroom!

good job pit

RC...how do you induce flowering? just curious. I thought everyone did this...usually 24 hrs...I use 30 but thats me.

good job pit

just curious where in nature 18-6 happens year round just J/K hey pit i dont do it either but i have tried it never saw a nocticable diff so i never thouht any different

I just switch to 12/12. And let them natrually change into flowering. They dtretch more in my opinion if you just let them do it on their own. Just curious, how much do you see (on an average) the stretching period increasing the size of your plants pit? indica/sativa

hey VIPER, everything is looking good. im sure you can figure out some way to work those tall ones down a bit.

interesting stuff about the 30 hrs of dark, i gave mine 24 of dark and they didnt stretch any where near as much as they did last time. although i also LST'd and supercropped the plants this time around so that may also be why they stretched less.

i dont think it alters the harvest time... my grow is in the final week now with no signs of early ripeness

I just switch to 12/12. And let them natrually change into flowering. They dtretch more in my opinion if you just let them do it on their own. Just curious, how much do you see (on an average) the stretching period increasing the size of your plants pit? indica/sativa

one of the things I neglected to mention that when Im switching cycles....
1st the day berfore Im at 1600ppm veg. I flush to plain Phed water
I run them in the dark on no nutes for the 30 hrs
2nd I change to 12/12 and leave the water at no nutes for another 24 hrs
3rd day set bloom nutes to aprox 900

I believe this method reduces the stress...but thats my opinion

as far as the stretch...this is only my 2nd grow with a sativa dominant plant....the stretch is....a challenge

I do it when I dont want my plants to stretch as much. I got it from the growers bible. The process has helped me out when it comes to sativas. Sativas get way to big, way to fast. I got some of the Lhaze, and have been watching yours closely and damn. Your handling them like a champ. I really cant wait to see how long they take to fully mature. And your Armegeddon is another one thats getting big. Thats one I've always wanted to see grow. Cant say it enough great picks.And I really feel you when you said its better to go with just a couple strains at once. But its just like us to want our cake and eat it too.

I hear ya butcher , Im stuck with my mouth full of cake right now! Im sittin on 9 different strains! And it should be interesting, lol. like crazy all over the place interesting...even though I do my best to keep it looking clean I bet it will get a bit harry towards the end with so many different shapes and sizes and tendencies. But I suppose thats the price you pay when your tryin to get back in the breeding game....hopefully someday.

And I think I like the sound of that flowering start TEK Pit. Would you mind if I try your Technique of starting to flower for this next round in the 5 gallon ebb and flo? Ive always just done a regular day flush then switched the lights, so something new to try sounds interesting to me. Anyhow gotta jet off and play the new Modern Warfare, lol. peace:ganjamon:!

I hear ya butcher , Im stuck with my mouth full of cake right now! Im sittin on 9 different strains! And it should be interesting, lol. like crazy all over the place interesting...even though I do my best to keep it looking clean I bet it will get a bit harry towards the end with so many different shapes and sizes and tendencies. But I suppose thats the price you pay when your tryin to get back in the breeding game....hopefully someday.

And I think I like the sound of that flowering start TEK Pit. Would you mind if I try your Technique of starting to flower for this next round in the 5 gallon ebb and flo? Ive always just done a regular day flush then switched the lights, so something new to try sounds interesting to me. Anyhow gotta jet off and play the new Modern Warfare, lol. peace:ganjamon:!

Have at it brother....on the flowering thing.
Had to take desperate measures and supercrop 3 plants....so heinus lol
pics later

Had to get medival on these plants
11_10_1.jpg

11_10_2.jpg

11_10_4.jpg
11_10_12.jpg

11_10_10.jpg

11_10_3.jpg

11_10_9.jpg

11_10_8.jpg

Im so dumb for putting the lemon haze in there....

pinch the stem down low to soften the stem then bend that bitch over! Bend and twist tie down do what ever you can to bring her height down with the others.... How many days into flower is this?

Back
Top Bottom