Tiger Balm's First Grow - Soil, AMS free, Mandala Satori, and AMS Medijuana

So, we are going to be scientific about this and present the evidence.

First up, the alpha male, The Lion.

phpspB9b2PM.jpg

phpzDGKOnPM.jpg

phpdAKlc2PM.jpg

phpbFVuvuPM.jpg

phpBvAb5MPM.jpg

phpAtpqDIPM.jpg

High Tiger Balm

Nice healthy looking plants but I gather the male flowers weren't what you were after. I don't see any female flowers so are these 100% males? If so, you could always keep some pollen if you wanted to do a little breeding later. If they are hermie I wouldn't use it. The few male flowers I've found since I chopped three hermies have been on the lower third of a couple of plants. I haven't found one in any of the buds thank god.

I'm going to have to read up on your grow a bit. I'll get back to you l8r. :peace:

I'm here, I'm here! Let the bells ring out and the banners fly! I know it's too good to be true, but I'm here! lol

I looked over the last few pages and seeing as you are planning to breed here's my 2 cents about how I've handled it in the recent past.

Find a nice branch on the male you want to use for breeding. One with lots of flowers. Chop off everything else but that one branch and trim the fan leaves off it. Get a paper bag and install a clear plastic window with lots of scotch tape. Pull it over the branch and secure at bottom with a twist tie. This serves three purposes. 1) The paper lets the branch breathe but contains the pollen. 2) The window allows light in to mature the flowers and 3) the window lets you see inside to determine when the boys have popped and you've got enough pollen. You can leave the plant in your grow room until it's done. When it is, just chop off the branch and go elsewhere to open the bag and carefully collect the pollen in a light tight container. Don't store any of the flowers with the pollen as they're damp and may promote mold. When you want to breed just use a fine paint brush or Q-Tip to dust some of the lower buds you want to seed. Mark the branches you dusted with tags so you know what's what. Grow and harvest the plants like usual but leave those dusted buds on until the seeds mature. They should be popping out of the calyxes when they're done but not always. These will be F2 hybrids and will vary when grown but have traits from mom and dad that may produce offspring better than the parents.

Here's a good link to the Butcher's breeding thread. Lots of good info there.

The Butcher's Slaughter (Breeding Journal)

That's the way I've done it and it worked. Plus you can leave all that junk in the closet. lol

C'ya. :peace:

Hey Tiger:grinjoint:

I'll take 7 out of 10 any day. Just keep an eye on them, just in case.
I will say this, that Alpha Male looks beautiful :slide::slide:
Sign him up for the job as father for all.:rollit:
Glad to see it all coming together for you. :cheer:

Ever tried scissor hash? It works..................:partyboy:

Wow! LabRat put that in great terms. Was thinking of doing it that very same way next grow.:idea:

:welcome:OMM

Labrat is definitely good people.
I'm feeling the same sadness everyone feels about putting down the other two males. I was thinking of doing the Labrat technique on all three, but the alpha male is the most vigorous and best looking - no use messing with that.

Thank you for your friendship, man.

Hey TB that girl is hot! Looks like she'll grow some phat colas for you. I hope she's not shy when it comes to getting bred and gives you lots of daughters! lol

Scissor hash is great. I still have a little left from the last grow and save it for special occasions. I like fresh quick dried bud too. If I cut a couple off and leave them on the shelf for a couple of days they're good to go. Fresh green taste and clear high. Mmmmm.... :bong: :peace:

Lion, the Alpha Male, having been conscripted to pollen duty, just got shorn of his gorgeousness and is down to the basic parts. Behold the Labrat Technique:

phpisWpqhPM.jpg

Lion hopes you will retain the memory of his former lionly glory. **he heaves a big sigh**

Here is the brown paper bag to catch pollen with a window to watch how 'things' develop. I cuffed about one inch inward.
phpiXFLYkPM.jpg

And here is Alpha Male in uniform;
phpn1nuJePM.jpg

And back with the ladies, ladies all frustrated, i'm sure.
phpWniRxrPM.jpg

LabRat technique eh? LOL This better work for you as good as it did for me or I'll have to apply for a name change.

But that looks AOK. Lion doesn't even seem to be pouting much but I bet if he could talk you would have got a real bitchin' out for that stunt. I would keep him a ways from the light. He doesn't need much light to finish up and you don't want it to get too hot in that bag and cook his nards.

:goodjob: Now, as long as his boys are potent you're all set for breeding.

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom