Tiger Balm's First Grow - Soil, AMS free, Mandala Satori, and AMS Medijuana

Tiger Balm,
I'm just wondering if you've heard anything on the bill that Ma. is considering now. I hav'nt heard a thing, since it was introduced in committee ??

The only recent bit of news i can find is the December 12th board meeting of MassCann - Mass chapter or NORML

Looks like we may have to put mmj on ballots in 2012.

hey tigerbalm, i just stumbled upon your journal and we have very similar grows. i am using the same nute line up and i am using black strap molasses. my soil is ocean forest though not happy frog. nice to see good things so far from it all. keep it up!

Welcome, gentlemen, I should put mulled wine to heat up on the grow lights!!

Well, i'm in business again. Thought i would update the grow room as i continue to dial it in.
phpxZ5pG1PM.jpg

Mylar backed foam board, cloning box from disposable roasting pan, spritzer, jigger measuring cup in a small dish to catch drips, 1 cup liquid measurer, which i use to water, 8 cup liquid measurer, which i use to mix nutes, nute chart, paper towels.

phpURUMj0PM.jpg

Down by the reservoir is a cheapy bowl which i put a plant into when i water, where it drains. I should get saucers - am collecting tins from the salad bar, one lunch at a time!

Here a Sativa is developing - adolescence is a bitch.
php13DrxePM.jpg

phpelVvzjPM.jpg

But already he is lording over the harem.

Every morning and afternoon, I go to the grow room with a paper towel, and blot any moisture on the leaves where one leaf has been sitting on another. These plants have hardly any stretch between nodes, and the leaves leaves get wet from transpiration.

So far, I believe I have 3 Sativa males out of 10 Sativas. So far, the AMS free and Medijuanas haven't shown any balls.

Here are some general foliage shots. Lost the tungsten button, so they're all yellow.

Another male on the right, just not the alpha male. That's him in the back.
phpBDRlzxAM.jpg

There's the lion in the right back.
phpfXC686AM.jpg

All the ladies
phpV2kNJzAM.jpg

nice lion in the back XD
did you keep them that short on the internodes on purpose?

I don't know if it is a characteristic of the Sativa strain, or if it's the amount of luments i have - 2x 400w HPS. Also am doing LST, and tying down the secondary branches that take off because of the LST!

Also may be because the room is pretty cool and i can keep the lights lower. I have a canvas flap on the door now, to seal the light out at night, but during the day, i keep a chair in the doorway and use that to keep the canvas propped up to prevent floor drafts - can't have their feet catching a chill!

Here's a question - i'm taking the best looking male to a closet - can i use fluorescents in the stud box? I have 2 soft brights - red spectrum and lots of CFLs soft whites - blue.

Hi Tiger That will do fine or in with your vegetables Damn males are usually hardy. The only worries are to make sure there is no way pollen can some how get carried through the air to your girls. If that happens you can start your own seed bank, but no smoke. Yee Gads!:smokin:
If you can find the moment that the males are about to pop, put paper bags over the buds and tie them at the bottom. You do two things, collect pollen and protect your girls. :surf:

Back
Top Bottom