Time to harvest?

Diegovvvv

420 Member
What do you think at a first glance?
IMG_20201125_090722.jpg

I go with HigherTheHigh. Looks like the trichomes are just starting to form. Once the trichomes start we can watch and wait until near the end when the buds start to swell and get heavy.

One thing that the others on the message board can help with would be suggestions on how to slow down the yellows and browns that are showing up. Maybe back up a bit and get a picture showing about twice as much of the plant and see if any of the others feel that something has to be done.

No matter what, it is looking like a nice sized stack of buds.

Many thanks, guys!! @PE636 @HigherTheHigh @SmokingWings

I found some... bananas!! This is the 4th attempt with those seeds and 100% have been hermaphrodites. I'm not Mendel but I would say it might be a genetics "issue".

Now I'm in kind of a "dead end". I had to take it out from my grow cabinet because there are 3 more flowering plants in there (different strain). Don't have any other "growing" space to put it. I live in an apartment and by best choice is close to a window with nice 12/12 natural indirect-light.

What would you recommend? Move it to there and try to run 2-3 more weeks (leaves are yelowing fast)

IMG_20201126_092734.jpg
IMG_20201126_092746.jpg
IMG_20201126_092812.jpg

IDK, a friend gave me a bag labeled "something(unreadable) Haze". It is a shame because I really love it, is so gentle, calm, relaxing, not couch-locking and I have a lot of more seeds from the bag.
Great looking plant, if theres alot of seeds in the bag its probably from herm. Those seeds will always have a tendency to produce pollen. Might want to look at some of our seed sponsors if money isnt a issue.

Like mentioned above, looking at another 4weeks, especially if it has Haze in the line.

Great looking plant, if theres alot of seeds in the bag its probably from herm. Those seeds will always have a tendency to produce pollen.

Like mentioned above, looking at another 4weeks, especially if it has Haze in the line.
Thanks. I will definitely try to remove as many pollen bags as I can ASAP and will keep her out of my growing room. Will put her on my living room and will try to avoid to turn on light at night (I'm at natural 12/12). 2-3 weeks of living room darkness worth it

Don't worry about it mate just get as many of them off as possible but after you've harvested make sure wash literally everything down and clean the floors and replace the filter sleeve if possible ect as pollen can be a nightmare at times I know.

I found some... bananas!! This is the 4th attempt with those seeds and 100% have been hermaphrodites. I'm not Mendel but I would say it might be a genetics "issue".
I believe it is a genetic issue. If someone keeps the seeds from a plant that pollinated itself then there really seems to be a tendency for the seeds to produce new plants that will have bananas. It becomes a vicious cycle. It is also an example of what can happen when people grow plants with the seeds found in a bag they bought off someone with the hopes that the smoke will be the same.

Thanks to everyone for your help.

I just discovered there is mold!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

What would be your wise advice? can I save it? harvest it now?

IMG_20201208_105015.jpg

The end of a sad story. These are my 2 main learnings:
  1. Finishing a plant like this outside the grow "room" is extremely risky endeavor specially in high humidity weather like mine. Mold grows/develops so fast you can lost all your months hard work.

2. Don't be greedy.
I lost 50% of my yield. This is what I was able to "save"

IMG_20201208_125831.jpg

IMG_20201208_125025.jpg

Will cure and smoke part of it and the rest (including those little leaves) will be infused oil.

This is the main bud/cola I lost :(
IMG_20201208_123819.jpg

Back
Top Bottom