Trala's Tent: The Wedding Album

That's a good idea, GDB! but...node1 is doing real well, shaving it off now will take away a third of the branches, unfortunately...
And I agree 100%- Cleo is a gorgeous plant!
Very tactful. Thank you! :laughtwo:

I think she is...time to let her stretch her legs a little.
Damn nice looking plant she's turning in to... :thumb:
I’m on a night shift tonight so I’ll do it today.

I’ll need a pool noodle tutorial too lol

I’ll need a pool noodle tutorial too lol
That's coming up in a few days...you're going to be using a plastic pot, right? (it'll make a difference in how the noodle is attached to the pot)
And speaking of noodles.... here's a little noodle video for ya... ;)

That's coming up in a few days...you're going to be using a plastic pot, right? (it'll make a difference in how the noodle is attached to the pot)
And speaking of noodles.... here's a little noodle video for ya... ;)
Oh good morning!

I’m fucking this plant up sideways!

Omg it’s just so annoying!

Oh good morning!

I’m fucking this plant up sideways!

Omg it’s just so annoying!
Sorry, in fekwit mode - can you show me a pic and tell me why you think you've fucked up?
Auto or photo, and what are you trying to achieve that isn't happening?
I always think I've already made every mistake in the book, but every grow proves otherwise :)

Sorry, in fekwit mode - can you show me a pic and tell me why you think you've fucked up?
Auto or photo, and what are you trying to achieve that isn't happening?
I always think I've already made every mistake in the book, but every grow proves otherwise :)
Good morning :)

Hope you’re feeling better btw

It’s a 12:12 plant so I think it’s a photo. I always forget what the 12:12 ones are called, photo never sounds right in my brain.

So this journal is my attempt to Carhook™️ a canopy like Carcass does, if you flip back to the first page I have a grow goal pic.

At this point, this is where I should be:-

256E5BDC-9213-4BC0-A6DC-C2C94F7EA65B.jpeg

This is where I am:-

7941EABF-A16F-44F4-B3A0-C5891E1160DC.jpeg

Good morning :)

Hope you’re feeling better btw

It’s a 12:12 plant so I think it’s a photo. I always forget what the 12:12 ones are called, photo never sounds right in my brain.

So this journal is my attempt to Carhook™️ a canopy like Carcass does, if you flip back to the first page I have a grow goal pic.

At this point, this is where I should be:-

256E5BDC-9213-4BC0-A6DC-C2C94F7EA65B.jpeg

This is where I am:-

7941EABF-A16F-44F4-B3A0-C5891E1160DC.jpeg
Your plant will look like that in 10 days or so, and his pot looks 'kin huge plus it looks like he's pushing the feed a bit
Can you pull those lower shaded branches round to an open space so they're exposed?
You have a perfectly symmetrical diamond shape, the lower branches could be gradually pulled round to form a square so I'd, ahem, gently pull/train each lower branch round clockwise into that space if they aren't too woody
Doesn't need to be the whole branch as long the tips have direct light
It'll grow quick to fill the space and if you wanted to flatten the canopy even more it's not too late to pinch the tips of main branches so the rest of the plant can catch up height-wise
Does that make any sense?

Your plant will look like that in 10 days or so, and his pot looks 'kin huge plus it looks like he's pushing the feed a bit
Can you pull those lower shaded branches round to an open space so they're exposed?
You have a perfectly symmetrical diamond shape, the lower branches could be gradually pulled round to form a square so I'd, ahem, gently pull/train each lower branch round clockwise into that space if they aren't too woody
Doesn't need to be the whole branch as long the tips have direct light
It'll grow quick to fill the space and if you wanted to flatten the canopy even more it's not too late to pinch the tips of main branches so the rest of the plant can catch up height-wise
Does that make any sense?
Yeah it does, thanks. And our pots are the same size lol.

My plant is actually the huge one I think.

Cleopatra Bee aka Wedding Cake
Barney’s Seed from Sponsors Herbies Seeds
Days above ground 33

This is where I wanted to be.

This is where I am. I have taken off those leaves, but my shape is wrong.

I see to have any sort of canopy success, I have to modify my training going forward because my plant is the wrong shape.

So I uppotted, don’t be alarmed at her droop, she’s just thirsty as fuck. I’m super happy with her root system. Based on colour, it is nourishing her well. I’m also going to do a
safety shout out. As many of you know I work as a nurse, and every year I see so many awful lung infections where the cause points to potting mix and inhaling a bacteria. Look if I had a dollar for every person I’ve treated with IV antibiotics I’d probs only have $21, but I don’t want any of you to get sick, particularly if you have smokers lungs. So my message, masks don’t just help protect you from COVID. They can protect you from your dirt too. So mask up when uppotting.

4B97F577-6CB5-44A7-9A00-1BAD4A29B2D4.jpeg

So this is after then carhooked.

907FD16F-2002-4474-A1E1-CF0D6ADD1D3C.jpeg

So @Carcass I think to gain my canopy I need to rethink training. What I have done here is Carhooked the branches that are the (I think desired) canopy height, then used my Carhooks to guide the lower branches without hooking to try and promote them to grow towards the light and gain height to try and get to that canopy. I have used my skewers to push the branch out into light space if that makes sense.

I think I am understanding the goal, look I think. If this is wrong please tell me, coz my ideas are often shit. And I can totes take feedback.

So I have carhooked the upper growth down, and used my skewers to guide the lower growth up. It’s hard to see my skewers because of foliage, but there’s a heap in there lol. I also secured her stem again.

12B44545-63A8-40C3-9DE4-AD477BF67662.jpeg

I think I’m chasing this canopy point. Does that look correct?

84A82EC1-4EAA-421D-8831-63F29949D1C4.jpeg

So I have carhooked the upper growth down, and used my skewers to guide the lower growth up.
Yes, it's going to have to go a little differently with this one, and your idea sounds exactly right!
I think I’m chasing this canopy point. Does that look correct?
Yes, that's it!
Excellent suggestion! I didn't even think of that till you mentioned it!

Hi Trala :) I am about to do more training and defoliate my Blueberry, so I thought I'd get all caught up on Cleo. I'm at step 4 right now, where Cleo was on Friday. She looks beautiful! She grew so big so fast. Now that she has more space to spread out, I think she will really shape up. Good call with the mask when uppotting. I worry about my lungs since I smoke a lot.
Well, I'm off to maim my Blueberry now.
:love:

Looking great Miss T!

NTH
Thank you Hipster :)

She, like me, is a work in progress. She’s already perked up a bit from the water. My plants wake up dying of thirst.
Yes, it's going to have to go a little differently with this one, and your idea sounds exactly right!

Yes, that's it!
Oh great :)
Excellent suggestion! I didn't even think of that till you mentioned it!
I am so lucky to have the helpers I do. I didn’t consider it till @Growings helped with the idea. It might just work, or help me get a semi canopy.
Hi Trala :) I am about to do more training and defoliate my Blueberry, so I thought I'd get all caught up on Cleo. I'm at step 4 right now, where Cleo was on Friday. She looks beautiful! She grew so big so fast. Now that she has more space to spread out, I think she will really shape up. Good call with the mask when uppotting. I worry about my lungs since I smoke a lot.
Well, I'm off to maim my Blueberry now.
:love:
Good luck!

As you can see it’s not quite going according to plan, but some of my best life adventures have needed slight detours. Hopefully Cleo can grow into our canopy plan.

:)

Back
Top Bottom