Troy's First Grow - Animal Cookies & Platinum OG Clones - DWC & Soil - 2017

Circled is what I think are amber trichs. Opinions are appreciated.

420-magazine-mobile283362538.jpg

420-magazine-mobile820234593.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2036906027.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2095545393.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1105027952.jpg

Hey Troy all caught up and will subscribe and enjoy the rest of the ride!

Neem oil typically isn't recommended during flowering as it's not awesome in your bud. Hope you were careful about spraying just leaves and stems! Regardless, it should do the trick, just something for the future.

Your journal looks great man, you got a good handle on things! I like all the Amazon talk XD and I'm curious to see how back building does for you-its a new concept to me so I might have to read into it!

If your using primarily for night time I would let those babies go a little longer, but you do have some nice lookin buds there! Good resin production, your gunna have some sticky fingers come harvest day! Trichs seem to be clouding up nice and even which is ideal and you should get some nice consistent buds!

Well done my friend,I shall be here till the end! :cheesygrinsmiley:

:thanks: Bignstrange - I really appreciate your advice. With your advice I am trying spot treating the leaves with cotton swab dipped in neem oil. It looks to be mostly on the Fan leaves. I can see little white eggs which worries me. Thinking of purchasing some lady bugs. I'll see if I can find some locally or will have to rely upon Amazon.

I decided to flush the soil plant today and changed water to pure water on DWC today. Do you think I am too early to flush the DWC?

:thanks: Bignstrange - I really appreciate your advice. With your advice I am trying spot treating the leaves with cotton swab dipped in neem oil. It looks to be mostly on the Fan leaves. I can see little white eggs which worries me. Thinking of purchasing some lady bugs. I'll see if I can find some locally or will have to rely upon Amazon.

I decided to flush the soil plant today and changed water to pure water on DWC today. Do you think I am too early to flush the DWC?

I think spot treating is a good idea! It'll be hard to get it all but if you can get most of it and then let the lady bugs finish up once you get a handle on them I think you'll be fine! I think it was Chakita (Kitascountryroots) who I saw use lady bugs in her first journal and they seemed liked they loved their job! Just make sure to get enough to fill your space, extras can be kept in a fridge where they kinda sleep in a way! All around a great natural pest control method for all stages of growth from what I've seen!

As for flushing I think soil guidelines are a 7 to 14 day flush, most preferring about 10 days. Hydro/DWC I believe is about 5 days as it takes way less time for plants to respond to changes in hydro. IMO flushing sooner is better, just because there's nothing worse than having a crop you've spent 4 months on and grown beautifully, dried and cured to perfection, then you light it up and .. it burns black. Excess nutrients in soil means the plant won't use the nutrients in it's leaves, it doesn't clean itself out in time and you end up with nutrients in your bud. Smoke is harsh, curing will help but your inhaling god knows what every time.

If you want to maximise yield you can push flushes as late as possible and use a flushing agent but it's kind of nice watching plants come to a peaceful, natural end, and patience seems to improve every aspect of our grows so I would recommend a long flush . since I'm not there to look at your plants, sadly :'( I can't really tell you if it's ready to flush but I would definitely start flushing once I start seeing Amber cause I personally like a bit of a lighter Smoke!

Hope this helps! :)

Not seeing any live bugs this morning but I am sure they could be hiding. Wasn't able to find any ladybugs locally so ordered some on Amazon. I am sure they will be able to help as I see a number of eggs on the underside of the fan leaves.

I flushed both plants yesterday and they are looking nice. I think Animal Cookies is a bit ahead of Platinum as I haven't seen many amber on Platinum and seeing more and more on AC.

10/2 a Day 52 Flower

Did my normal morning ritual this morning. Topping up water on DWC and checking PH. Animal Cookie in DWC is drinking about a liter a day while Platinum is going 2-3 days before soil dries out.

420-magazine-mobile1718092957.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1971690895.jpg

420-magazine-mobile322469675.jpg

Looking great bro!
What kinda high are you looking for?
I like to harvest when there's 10% amber, but I also like more of an energetic high.

Also, do you plan on washing your buds?

Thanks for stopping by Blazin.

I am generally looking for an evening relaxing high that will allow my mind to calm down and allow me to fall into a deep sleep. I suffer from Insomnia and cannabis has allowed me to get off scripts and get a good 8+ hours of sleep. I do like a bit of a buzz but not couch lock. I have been told that a 40% Amber should be a good sweet spot. What do you think?

Plans are to give the buds a wash after harvest.

I generally turn 90 of my buds into tincture. I make my tincture with PGA and then evaporate it down to dosage of about .25-.50 ml.

Thanks for stopping by Blazin.

I am generally looking for an evening relaxing high that will allow my mind to calm down and allow me to fall into a deep sleep. I suffer from Insomnia and cannabis has allowed me to get off scripts and get a good 8+ hours of sleep. I do like a bit of a buzz but not couch lock. I have been told that a 40% Amber should be a good sweet spot. What do you think?

Plans are to give the buds a wash after harvest.

I generally turn 90 of my buds into tincture. I make my tincture with PGA and then evaporate it down to dosage of about .25-.50 ml.
Yeah that sounds like a good target!
After you're at 25% or so, it goes real quick so you'll wanna stay on it.

Way to catch that root rot! Totally clutch and you're gonna still get some good bud off her!

That 3rd pic has a lot of Amber on that little leaf! Looking good Troy! I can't imagine how excited you must be getting !

:cheesygrinsmiley:

That 3rd pic has a lot of Amber on that little leaf! Looking good Troy! I can't imagine how excited you must be getting !

:cheesygrinsmiley:

I am starting to get excited. I was shooting some more pictures with my close up lens and the amber isn't consistent all over the plant. Some area have none and still some clear. Have you ever done a strategic pruning harvest. e.g. Just harvest the Colas that are where you want?

I am starting to get excited. I was shooting some more pictures with my close up lens and the amber isn't consistent all over the plant. Some area have none and still some clear. Have you ever done a strategic pruning harvest. e.g. Just harvest the Colas that are where you want?
Ahh see this is where my limited experience starts to limit me!

Personally I've never done it as I've never had real big plants to do that on! That being said I have heard of people taking the main colas, putting their plants back in and continuing to harvest over the next couple days. Be it for consistency of thrichrome maturation or simple time limitations I'm not too sure, but it doesn't seem to affect the plant too much this late in the game!

I'd say do it, but maybe wait for the advice of someone with a bit more experience to get you all gung ho about it . also make sure your well flushed before taking anything down! Leaves should be yellowing and the plant should look a little ill before it's chop time!

I can't wait to see your harvest hehe >:)

Will be fun to watch as she progresses. The only problem with a gradual harvest is how do you put it through 24-72 hours dark period before harvest (which many recommend). hmmm...

The Animal Cookie is a bigger plant but is not known to be a large producer. I don't even know how to estimate how much she will produce. I guess I will just have to wait and see.

10/3 - Day 53 Flower

Chilly temps this morning with outside temps dropping to 53 F (11.5 C). I didn't crack the garage door last night and Grow tent is at a comfortable 75 F (24 c). Flower cycle set from 1 am to 1 pm.

The girls are continuing to plump. Not much more amber yet.

420-magazine-mobile781699908.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1366593469.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1180582420.jpg

420-magazine-mobile283367909.jpg

Back
Top Bottom