Twelve12's Breeding Program

bigirishdoode ~ Sounds great. When are you starting your breeding program? I'm no expert breeder but if you need help let me know. I've crossed a few strains already and have a feel of the first stage creating F1 hybrid. Next step, creating F2.

ozric420 ~ Subcool got great collection of strains. Not sure which ones to try, too many great ones. I'm digging the Querkle, and Jack The Ripper, will have to try out TGA gear sometime in 2012. His collection has been on my mind, however I want to try out DJ Short's gear next.

12 you know alot more than i do! :adore: im hoping to decide on a set of parents for the first x as soon as i find out if any of the 4 seeds im getting that are not feminized turn up male, then based on what strains go male selecting a good female seed mom to x with the aforementioned male!! if theres no males then im cloning, cuz no way im using males or pollen from the strains i have been working with!
they have high herm occurrence, and un known genetics,in that event im ordering new seeds and waiting a bit longer,,,,, lol or doing the feminizing with cs thing,, and unless i get bigger lights im gonna keep it to 6 plants or less to start,(not counting clones up to 6 also) i have to see how big and stretchy they are determine best veg times etc. but you know all this,,, so what i think you can help me with is selecting a good x based on what plants become viable potential parents!! *gasp* that was a mouthful!!
all this in respect of what i need for medicinal application (back/joint pain,muscle spasms/cramps,insomnia, lack of energy/creativity) yup i have many different needs im sure i will need at least 2 different strains, a daytime and a night time and possibly a knockout punch:lot-o-toke: for those days that i cant move from insane pain levels:yikes::bitingnails:
and also in respect of the fact that i know you are busy with your program and dont need me sucking up to much of your valuable time:adore:
:thumb::high-five:

Hey bro is this your first shot at stabilizing your first F2 hybrid?

Excited man you could be making history right here, in front of this very audience, the day northan lights was succesfully crossed to make one of the first successful hybrids of Cannabis indica and Cannabis sativa, im sure the guys were on cloud 9 (and everyone else for that matter).

I cant wait to have your genetics in my garden!

shush!! you be quiet, dont give me those kind of ideas!!! lol i have to exercise a maximum amount of self control to not do everything over the top!!:lot-o-toke: nothing exceeds like excess!!!

sounds just like me. My life motto: "Go Big or Go Home".

Twelve12- I really like how all your artwork is staying with a theme. It appears you really put a lot of forethought into this. You're destined to be the next great breeder, and I feel lucky to be watching you achieve your goal.

bigirishdoode ~ Do some reading on different strains. Go to a seed bank store and see what you like then research on the strain before getting. You want strains that are easy to grow, high potency, high CBD/CBN, type of high, flavor/aroma, yield, etc…cross that with the same desirable trait will guarantee high percentage of those traits passed on to the offspring. Right now it's researching for the perfect parents. If you grow multi strains then get at least 2 regular seeds per strain or get a pack of regular per strain depends on your budget. Having a good base like 100% indica or sativa will help you stabilize the offspring later on, if not it will take more work to stabilize them. Either way, it can still be done.

GodSpeed ~ Yes, first shot at breeding, F1 is completed now moving onto F2 (for Firestorm). The rest of the new cross are still seedling or seed form (F1). I'm sure we'll celebrate together like NL creation. Speaking of NL I need to get my hands on some, I heard Sensi has the original…too many NL out there, common breeders stop riding the coat tail of a famous strain, lol.

ratatattooey ~ Have fun with Cannabis and people will feel the passion. Thank you checking out my work. It's a pleasure.

reading is all i do these days lol in knowledge im way ahead of myself in practice! should be changing that up a bit soon, i think my selection represents the sativa ,indica and several hybrids pretty well ,thats what was on my mind at the time of ordering, i wish i could find a diagram/map of creating breeds i may just draft something and share it here, my idea is a family tree type thing we can fill in with names of strains, how far/deep do you think it should go? like from parents to what, f100? lol or more like f10, that way we would have a visual map going bact to when we started:thumb:

Mr. Krip ~ Welcome to the breeding program Mr. Krip!

bigirishdoode ~ The family tree of one strain can go way back! Not sure 100 but a good 50 different hybrids. They will continue to go further when people take up breeding. F1-1xxxx really is within the same strain, each time the plant is crossed with a different strain new generation develop, starts back at F1. There is a site that lets you see the entire family tree of a strain. Seed finder kind of site. Wish we have a tool like that here.

Is not about how far. It's about when we'll find what we're looking for we go for the SSS; stop, stabilize, and self pollinate (to lock in the pheno/geno to 100%).

GodSpeed ~ I wonder which seed bank have the original Afghan Kush, many of them claim to have the pure 100% original, perhaps they got the seeds from the same area? Trying out Sensi gear right now.

the-ganja-man ~ Thank you. Grab a sit and enjoy the ride.

Counting Seeds

I was thinking how am I going to count all the seeds from the 17 plants after they are dry, then I came up with a quick estimation method that allow me to get the total number of seeds from one strain.

Here's what I did.

Step 1 - Find out how many seeds it take to get 0.1g on a scale. My Ice Age (Downtown Stumble x ATA Tundra) took 8 seeds.
Step 2 - Weight all the seed together, how much did it weight? All my Ice Age seeds weight at 15g.
Step 3 - Take the number from Step 1 and multiply it to the number from Step 2 to get an estimation of the total seeds for the strain. (8 x 15 = 120 seeds)

Took the effort to count all the seeds by hand to see how close was my estimation using the scale count method. It turns out that I was very close. The total number of seeds were 123, so I'm off by 3. Not bad. Got this idea from the smoke test, thanks Cannabis. :love:

If you have tons of seeds and want a quick count try out this method. :Namaste:

always learning new stuff here and 12 your thread is no different i like the count formula good stuff:high-five: id like to see that site, maybe a pm, so where should i look for more threads that map out the steps from 0 to having a sss strain, i have been looking here on 420mag and am close to having it all click into place in my mind, but i must have missed something somewhere cuz im still fuzzy on some points, so if you have some recommend reading im all ears:peace:

Hey Twelve i wanted to start with a pure 100% original afghani genetic, its hard trying to find breeders who are honest anoth to tell you what there genetics are, even so im not sure if its possible to get the original Afghani genetics as things have come so far. I decided to go for a 100% indica with alot of the traits i already require afghani x double afghani.

Bid any reading you can find from Chimera is pricless he is one of the most dedicated and knowledgeable breeders today, Dj short is up there with him.

Would be nice to get a breeder popping on here from time to time, i know other forums have them show there faces.

bigirishdoode ~ seed finder is where it's at. Not sure how the information is collected and the authenticity of the data, but it's good to check it out and get some idea on the lineage of a strain.

GodSpeed ~ Sensi should have the original. I got the Afghan Kush from White Label, it's not that great, so I'll have to get some from Sensi this time. Definitely need professional breeder to visit the site and gives us some of their thoughts. I'll start looking up Chimera's words. My mind is a black hole on breeding I absorb all. Have to attend DJ Short's seminar one of these days before he stop doing them.

Firestorm - 43 Days in Flower

This is my first cross, Firestorm (Pineapple Express x Grapefruit Diesel) :love: 3 months ago. I present you the winning female from 8 regular seeds. I'm in the process of clone production on this one to get started on F2.

Looks very much like her mother, however the bud structure is like fire jet from a rocket shooting up. And much more frosty than the parent. Not sure how she smokes yet, we will find out in 20-25 days.

MG_2518.jpg

MG_2509.jpg
MG_2503.jpg
MG_2504.jpg

Very frosty in person hope the photos showcase some of it sparkle. My goal is to keep the winning female plant from each generation and stabilize them while at the same time creating more generation looking for unique variations. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom