Twelve12's Breeding Program

Re: God of Frost

God of Frost (Grapegod x ATA Tundra) is here. We got twins.

frame214.jpg

w00t! Twins! Definitely something special.... or is that spacial?

Re: Summer Ice

The journey continues with another cross; Summer Ice (Afghan Kush x ATA Tundra). This is the 10th cross I've made so far. Now we got tons of F1 seeds it's time to grow some of these out and see some magic.

frame313.jpg
frame026.jpg

I noticed a lot of similarity in stripes patterns on the seeds from different mother plant, keep in mind that all the new cross have the same father; ATA Tundra.

DOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooood! Get that seed bank up and runnin' man! I needs me some Twelve12 seeds!

R2MNot ~ Thanks! The mature to immature seeds are 40/60. I didn't want to let it get near 80/20 because the trichome will be all amber. Even with 40/60 I got thousands of seeds with all the crosses combined. Very happy and some are seedling at the moment. The seed matured quite fast, took 2.5-3 weeks from pollination to ripen. I pollinated during week 5 of bloom next time I'm doing it at week 3-4 so the harvest for bud and seed are at the same time.

BCBudd ~ Thank you. Just checked out your grow you already got it down. Very clean setup. Highly recommend others to check out BCBudd's journal. Oh yes, documenting breeding intensively as they come, and anyone can learn from my mistake to better their program.

jandre2k3 ~ Hopefully by the end of 2012 I'll have the bank up for the public. Still need to work out the logistics and talk to some retailers if they would carry my work. If not, I'll do my best to keep the genetics stored until the day come.

Those patterns remind me of watermelons. I like to go back from expected harvest date and allow 4 or 5 weeks for seeds to ripen.

Update: Red Dragon X Grapefruit Diesel = Torque

Introducing Torque (F1). Got 5 seeds from one bud site. Small seeds, veins like skin texture hope these offer wide range of unique traits.

frame016.jpg
frame19.jpg

What's next?
Grow out 3 seeds and save 2 for future production. Then cross the F1 to get F2. If they are all females or all male I'll cross it with Firestorm. Hope to get 1 opposite sex from 3 seeds.

Tortoise shell seeds man. I bet they will end up being some bad ass weed! This thread has been fantastic for me. I am very interested in strain crossing and hybridization. I look forward to each post, thanks for sharing, I'm glad I found it. I would love to be the tester for each strains potency, flavor, caliber of high, length of buzz and munchie cravings caused lol. Especially if I had the 2 and a half men DVD collection LMAO.

i had some seeds with that texture very interesting, my new seeds are all very different in shape, size,etc the papaya is huge like a popcorn kernel! and the purple #1's i popped were tiny almost pinhead like and almost solid shiny black! i didnt think they would germ but they cracked in like 8 hours no water soak just into paper towels, whodathunkit?
so guess what! guess what im getting? a 400watt hps w/dimmable,digital ballast!! im so pumped i may have peed a lil' !! lol :rofl:, so how many 2l hempys do you think i can do with that its like about 2.5 feet by 3 ft bout 5.5 foot tall space i have,, i love that name "torque" awesome !

jandre2k3 ~ Thanks for the support. Entered in the POTM contest to showcase the new cross not expecting to win, she's yet to "transform". I'll enter her again in Jan 2012 when she's all nice and sexy.

Lord Indica ~ Unfortunately I no longer have Torque…a friend ask for a special strain for his bday so I gave him the honor of being the only one in the world with the cross. Hopefully by the end of next year you can test some of these out.

bigirishdoode ~ True, each species showcase different style from seed to bud. It's amazing and we cannot under estimate them. Seeds that cracked fast are vigorous strain should grow into strong plants. Congrats on the new light you'll love the dimmable feature. I dim down the light for new clones and slowly crank it up each week to ease up some stress after the transplant. I usually wear diapers when unboxing new gears if I sh*t or pissed myself no one has to know…

2.5x3 should fit 30 plants, that's 4 of 2L bottle per sqft. Having 5.5ft of height will be good, the plant should get 2-3ft and you can have the light 1.5ft from canopy leaving 1-2ft left for wiggle room.

Black Domina (Male)

I'm looking forward to pollinate the male plant Black Domina with the current flowering female plants. All the seeds (2) turn out to be males. I guess the universe wants me to continue the breeding program with dominant gene from Black Domina. Never had the pleasure to grow or smoke BD, from what I've heard and read it should be great strain to work with.

With my humble growing space I cannot grow too many plants of the same genetics so I take one male and pollinate all the current females to get F1 hybrids. From there I stocked them for future selections and stabilization. I still believe one day I'll get a factory and all the cross done now will be for when that day come. Otherwise I'll work in small portion at a time.

Stabilization can go two way, self or backcross. Self will guarantee female, and backcross for regular seeds. Both methods will be stable, self is more stable than backcross. Self pollination can happen anytime to any given plants I find desirable, and to save time from growing males and to lock in the pheno/geno we self it. That's the short cut. For backcrossing require consistency and lots of time, years even to really get a stable stock of regular seeds.

Yes, Black Domina will be ready for pollination in 2 weeks. This time I'm doing selective pollination, only few bud sites per strain gets the pollen not going for mass pollination this time. In the mean while growing out strains I've crossed in the early days for selections to carry towards F2. :Namaste:

Good to see your breeding programme progressing Twelve, i been trying to find ways of getting regular seeds from feminised but within self-pollination it looks like only hermi or feminised are all that are possible. Can wait to see your GDP and BD in action, F2's here we come.

[QUOTE
Lord Indica ~ Unfortunately I no longer have Torque...a friend ask for a special strain for his bday so I gave him the honor of being the only one in the world with the cross. Hopefully by the end of next year you can test some of these out.[/QUOTE]

That's cool, I guess one of the things I like the most is to try different strains. Their have been some fantastic ones and even the questionable ones were interesting. This thread is excellent.:bravo:

bigirishdoode ~ True, each species showcase different style from seed to bud. It's amazing and we cannot under estimate them. Seeds that cracked fast are vigorous strain should grow into strong plants. Congrats on the new light you'll love the dimmable feature. I dim down the light for new clones and slowly crank it up each week to ease up some stress after the transplant. I usually wear diapers when unboxing new gears if I sh*t or pissed myself no one has to know...

2.5x3 should fit 30 plants, that's 4 of 2L bottle per sqft. Having 5.5ft of height will be good, the plant should get 2-3ft and you can have the light 1.5ft from canopy leaving 1-2ft left for wiggle room.
30! holy Zeus's butt! that's awesome! way more than im allowed 12 is my max and with having 2 moms and a male 9 is my flower space max,, so will the 400 hps handle 9 slightly larger vegged a little or should i just keep it at 12/12 after clone? i peeked in at the "lings all popped and rooting in coco just waiting on them to break the surface, diapers are a good idea i dont get to see my new light till xmas morning,,wonder if the fam will notice the extra padding! lol :rofl: im really excited about the ballast being dimmable and electronic this is gonna be so fun! :thumb: im having a blast watching your program progress :goodjob:

LOL BigIrish, "holy Zeus's butt"!!???
Just The pics of the Firestorm took my pain away! I can only imagine what the buds would do for me! What do you think you would get if you mixed Firestorm with White Widow? (Lord Indica rings his hands together and looks to the sky and says), "the possibilities are ENDLESS! 12, you are a bonified ganja-guru!

GodSpeed ~ Yeah, cannot get regular seeds from self-pollination. The good thing about male plant is it mature faster than the female, so the pollen can be use 3-4 weeks in bloom. Self-pollination has its place in the breeding program, however it stops the lineage unless the pistils introduced pollen from male plants. I'm going to self some of my winning plants so it is a guarantee exact copy. Going to self Super Lemon Haze and GDP, Firestorm F1 (winning plant) next month.

bigirishdoode ~ Oh 12 plants? Then grow them big! That's the only way you'll get the most bang for your buds. 9 plants will require 2x 600w hps to flower out properly. Unless those 9 plants are small, like 2L size for 400w hps. Stay tunes for more from the breeding program...

Lord Indica ~ I'm glad you feel that way about Firestorm. It will be finish in 2 weeks, they are very frosty and I don't think my pics does justice. White Widow is feminized seeds if its the strain from Greenhouse, so It will have to cross with my Firestorm male. It will be like this, White Widow x Firestorm = White Fire. I'll cross them eventually.

Back
Top Bottom