Nice brother!
realy like the last shot, love the depth of field!

I AGREE! be the change you want to make! i liked your and Gts presentation that i am moving right along with you! as im sure you may have noticed!

keep up the great growing brother Twelve. you really making me want to do a little scrog in my cab when i get home from Hawaii.

Ohhh 1212 dont say that about the gnats! Ive been vacuuming them and so forth! They are awful! Well i need to get some pics of that new setup asap when its ready buddy! Sounds amazing! I wish gnats on NOBODY! they suck! Youve got me peaked! Thanx

No worries, I'll get em when they come. 1/2 of my grow is now with pure hydroton and is doing great, no bugs so far!

Hey Twelve12,

No the heat is not required the co2 simply alows the plant to drink more and keep the plant hydrated in high heat. My last grow I had heat issues because my ac failed and my temp got into the high 90s. I was running c02 and they all made it. I had a much smaller yeild though but that was due to the spidermites and powder mold (when it rains it pours).

The setup I'm looking at for CO2 will be expensive. Will just stick to dry ice for now until the cooler days arrive, in 1.5 months. Do you think dry ice will work? I think the powder mold is caused by the high RH by CO2, and heat. Yeah failed a/c do sucked combined that with Summer heat waves the plants are doomed. Mine are suffering atm but the newly bloom plants are doing good but could be better.

Nice brother!
realy like the last shot, love the depth of field!

I AGREE! be the change you want to make! i liked your and Gts presentation that i am moving right along with you! as im sure you may have noticed!

keep up the great growing brother Twelve. you really making me want to do a little scrog in my cab when i get home from Hawaii.

Thanks Shaggie. The shot was inspired by smoke2js, he has shot from under the plant it looked awesome, had to get mine done. Yes, I hope other grower join in on informing the viewers about the medical marijuana with some strain details on the pics. It's a quick summary for quick absorption. It's fun to see different data on the same strain. Ooo, Hawaii now that's a vacation! Have you done scrog grow before? You'll love it. Have a safe trip home and continue your grow op.

Looking good! Come on Colas! :bong:

Go go go colas! :cheer:

Hey 1212 they look amazing i think im scroging my next batch too! That shot of the lady bug is dope ! The idea for the carbon filter is amazing nice work! 50 lbs at the fish store? Im look into it ! Catch ya afta buddy!

Hey 1212 they look amazing i think im scroging my next batch too! That shot of the lady bug is dope ! The idea for the carbon filter is amazing nice work! 50 lbs at the fish store? Im look into it ! Catch ya afta buddy!

ScrOG away! I'm also ScrOG my 4x4 tent for the next batch also. Going to do 4 plants, each per sq ft. You'll love it. Heh, the ladybugs are guardians, they patrol the plants daily for any soft bodied bugs to munch on. Check out the filter carbon pellets, get a few pound and try them out no need to buy in bulk unless you're sticking to using the DIY scrubber.

Thanks for the props on the underside shot. I like the way the Led looks like a kaleidoscope above the plants.
I should have some nice pics today of my girls, the sun is out so they should have a nice halo effect.
:bong:

No problem, Smoke2Js! Inspiration comes from some where, and I like to give credit to where it's due. :)

i think 2j's inspired my under growth shots too....like to imagine walking through a forrest like that

Heh, that would be a great forest having cannabis the size of red trees!

Update: Grapefruit Diesel (M)

The breeding program just started. This is the Grapefruit Diesel clone turns out to be a male. First time keeping a male for breeding purpose. Got 1024, Hammerhead, Pineapple Express, Pineapple Chunk, Cheese, and Super Lemon Haze flowering at the moment will breed the GFD with all of the females. Lucky fella. Not sure how to combine names or come up with a new name for the cross. From the seeds I'll start a record and continue to clone the parents so later I can back cross to stabilize the new strain. Looks like I won't be buying any seeds for a while. Already got a lot of different strains to play around with.

I don't flower the whole male plants it takes up way too much room. A small clone will do. The pollen will be enough to sprinkle onto one bud site per female plants. Speaking about pollen, these things pop when they are ready and they constantly pop. Whenever the sack gets heavy the next thing it'll happen is they open up and a slight wind or touch will release the pollen down. I'll be checking them daily for heavy sack and cut it before it opens. The pollen is really soft almost like makeup. Wouldn't be surprise if cosmetic company collect them for their new foundation line. haha

Got lots going on. Also cleared out one of the flowering tent as a bunch of Tangerine Dream just halt flowering, again, so I chopped them and make room for the new veg area. In 3 weeks I must have a few plants in bloom to continue the perpetual cycle, so I need the veg space for another scrOG! Update on that sometime this week...

Check out them balls.

MG_0857.jpg
MG_0858.jpg

P.S. I'm so high right now, I spelled my name wrong in the pics, lol.

Nice balls. Twelve12, have you considered using small fine mesh bags to put over the male flowers? You could trap the pollen and make harvesting the flowers more productive. I had a few males that I isolated. I wanted to watch it do its thing. Any slight disturbance will send the pollen flying, most of it will be lost to disturbances.. Good luck with your breeding program, I wish you success.:goodluck::smokin:

Nice balls. Twelve12, have you considered using small fine mesh bags to put over the male flowers? You could trap the pollen and make harvesting the flowers more productive. I had a few males that I isolated. I wanted to watch it do its thing. Any slight disturbance will send the pollen flying, most of it will be lost to disturbances.. Good luck with your breeding program, I wish you success.:goodluck::smokin:

Right now I'm just plugging the heavy ones into a small baggie. Got a decent amount so far and decided to brush some on the blooming Pineapple Express, and Super Lemon Haze. Will brush onto the rest in few more weeks, waiting for the bud sites to develop a bit more. What strain is your male plant you're working on?

Update: Heat Frustration

This Summer is ridiculous. We've been having temperatures over 100F for two months now, July and Aug. Higher electricity cost, near $400! On average with all the grow lights on our max is around $130. Since the a/c has to work harder during the temp and I live in 3 stories house roommates and plants needs their cool air. Going to add in dry ice to the grow room and turn off the room ac to compensate the cost. My roommate was wondering why electricity has been extremely high these past few months, more so than previous Summers. Not sure what excuse I should give them this time...

I need to keep it up till October and it will be smooth sailing. Right now, I'm inside a sea storm. Hey, that's a good name for a strain "Sea Storm". Might name my new cross that when they produce seeds. Which ever first develop gets it. heh.

Been doing some experimentation on the side, more on that soon...

Right now I'm just plugging the heavy ones into a small baggie. Got a decent amount so far and decided to brush some on the blooming Pineapple Express, and Super Lemon Haze. Will brush onto the rest in few more weeks, waiting for the bud sites to develop a bit more. What strain is your male plant you're working on?

The male was grown from bagseed from BPG, "Mendo Mix"

The setup I'm looking at for CO2 will be expensive. Will just stick to dry ice for now until the cooler days arrive, in 1.5 months. Do you think dry ice will work? I think the powder mold is caused by the high RH by CO2, and heat. Yeah failed a/c do sucked combined that with Summer heat waves the plants are doomed. Mine are suffering atm but the newly bloom plants are doing good but could be better.

Hey Twelve12,

CO2 will work but your room must be sealed. Main problem is that it wont keep the room at 1500 ppm. You can get up there with the CO2 but it will only last like 20 minutes max. My system continually pumps CO2 and keeps it at above 1400 at all time lights on.

As for the PM ya my heat got really high but my humidity stayed relitivly low. Currently I keep it steady 40-50% RH and temps max 90 degrees plant top level. Room average is around 78 to 82 degrees.

Update: Closet ScrOG

Since last update on the closet ScrOG they have been in the stretch period during the first week of bloom. All starting to show bud sites. The Hammerhead took off first and already in its 1st week of bloom while the rest are just starting out. Can't wait to see how they develop. Don't think they will be high cola development since they are under LED, and the room temp is in the highs, 85-90F. I've treated the girls with 10 pounds of dry ice with the room sealed. I'll do this biweekly so they can speed up development.

MG_0861.jpg
MG_0862.jpg
MG_0864.jpg
MG_0865.jpg
MG_0866.jpg

Experimenting with DWC grow. This is one out of the three units. The plants was in the net pot for 2 weeks and still no sign of roots coming out and into the rez despite feeding from the top. I decided to flood the net basket a little over the top layers of the hydrotons. I don't see why it would hurt the girl, as long as they have ph water nutrients, and lots of air to the roots from airstones it should work. It has been 3 days now and the girls are doing great. This one, Pineapple Express took off faster than the other two. Will change out the rez in few days with new nutes with ph of 5.8. I'm going to transfer some new clones into this setup in a week and veg them out before putting under bloom end of the month, to continue with perpetual. This method saves me time watering each plants. It also seem to provide nute and oxygen to the roots constantly so the plant is constantly growing when the lights are on. Once the roots grow out I'll continue to keep this flooded. It works I'll keep it as is. Slowly will convert the entire grow room into this. Then I can decide if I want to do SOG, or ScrOG or let them grow out naturally under LST/TOP/FIM. If I want to do SOG the same concept apply but in smaller container, like 1 gal, smaller net basket and smaller airstones. The only thing I have to worry about is keeping up with PPM level per growth stage and PH of 5.8 - 6.2.

MG_0873.jpg
MG_0871.jpg

Sneak peak at the new veg tent. I moved some plants over to the other flowering tent with the Pineapple Express and Vanilla Kush in bloom. Forgot to mention in the pic description that I also have Vanilla Kush clones with the rest of other strains. Some are from seeds, 80% are clones. All in hydrotons only, except the ones in airpots which is 90% FFOF and 10% hydrotons (on top layer). These require watering twice a day. They are in clear plastic containers and I can see the massive roots developing. Will transfer some of the larger clones into DWC setup with the flood methods mentioned above.
MG_0876.jpg

Thanks for checking it out. Right now I'm dealing with the heat, still 100-109F outside, can't wait till it gets cold out that's the best season to grow indoor. No a/c, and I can use HID lights which will yield more...

Haven't showed any love to your journal in a while but as I always say your plants are looking nice :) You also take some good ass pics as usual. I was looking at the nug of the month contest for last month, and notice you put a nug of the slh in the contest. That nug was covered in so many amber trichs. How did the smoke report come along for the slh? or is it still curing?

Twelve12! Whats up man! Your grow is looking fantastic...very clean, organized and professional. +reps if I can.
I've been putting some serious thought into ditching the HPS ans switching to LED. I'm not sure if you have experience with the HIDs but if so...what are your thoughts on the pros vs. cons between the HIDs and LEDs? Heat, Node Spacing, Plant Health, Yield, etc..?

Haven't showed any love to your journal in a while but as I always say your plants are looking nice :) You also take some good ass pics as usual. I was looking at the nug of the month contest for last month, and notice you put a nug of the slh in the contest. That nug was covered in so many amber trichs. How did the smoke report come along for the slh? or is it still curing?

Thanks PT. For the SLH, I already got rid of them to patients around the world. Still got some left for personal use, and will make a smoke report soon. The SLH was more sativa (headhigh) so I like to have it amber for the balance. More milky for indica. It's an experiment I'm working on. For the smoke report I'll try to be as detailed as possible. Stay tunes...

Twelve12! Whats up man! Your grow is looking fantastic...very clean, organized and professional. +reps if I can.
I've been putting some serious thought into ditching the HPS ans switching to LED. I'm not sure if you have experience with the HIDs but if so...what are your thoughts on the pros vs. cons between the HIDs and LEDs? Heat, Node Spacing, Plant Health, Yield, etc..?

Hey Conquering! Thanks man.

During the Winter I love to use HID lights, the heat produce will warm up the place to high 70's. It gets really cold out, like snowing outside so the heat helps greatly as often it was being rejected being a bad thing. I don't want to turn on the heater so this is great. Also, no need to vent hot air out so this saves on ventilation setups. Since the light from HID is so intense with high lumens and all, it forces the plants to take up more nutrients, water, and CO2. In turn allow explosive growth, high yield, dense buds, and more trichomes production.

I can't use HID during the Summer though, unless I keep up with the ventilation. During the hot days the roommates and myself runs a/c to cool off and with ventilation it will just push all of the cool air out 24/7 result in high electricity bill since the a/c has to work harder to keep the room cooled. We live in 3 story house takes a while to cool the place. That's why I got the LED. With two 357 Magnum (180w ea) it should be good for the small closet or 4x4 tent. Produced less heat, saves on electricity, full spectrum. During the veg period it did great, however when comes to flowering the buds formation are much smaller than HID counter part. I guess the savings on heat, electricity eats into the cost of yield. I've seen other with their LED grow and produced amazing results, I haven't had any amazing results with LED or results that would surpass my hps experience, yet. Just decent to get through the Summer.

Both light types provide plants with good health. Node spacing usually caused by the high temp or light being way too high from the canopy, but with good lights it shouldn't stretch unless it's genetics.

I found this video that best explains the HPS vs LED, watch whole way through it's great. If you got the cash to experiment with your optimal environment, then give it a go. No matter what you see or hear there's nothing like it going through the experiment yourself.

When I get my own place I'll be growing under HID, with quality bulbs.
The best way I can sum up my HID and LED experience is; Commercial grow = HID. Personal grow = LED.

LED # 7 (Last Episode) This is it. - YouTube

Back
Top Bottom