Excellent wish my job was to provide deserving patientiens with the best natural medicines available on planet earth. Instead I have to make surgical instrument and keep growing to a hobby If I didnt have kids I'd move to the states.

Can't wait to see Theese pictures bet they smell beautifully.

There was a week or two the buds did not develop. Summer is not my best time to flower and many plants have died or stopped flowering due to the 100-109F temp.
I hear that!! I've been dealing with the same temps, I've been able to keep it at 78-82.
I have a portable swamp cooler I turn on a couple a times a day for wind and humidity and it cools it off a few degrees. But when ya run central air and turn on the swamp..they kinda delete each other...between that and the power bill...I don't like summer growing weather either.
But somebody has to do it..right? :)

MG_1655.jpg

MG_1649.jpg

MG_1656.jpg
Untitled-158.jpg

These are some buds of the Pineapple Express from the harvest. It has a lot of the trichomes in place but the bud itself is not that dense, airy and light weight. The plant managed to give 1.8 once of dried buds. It did great surviving through the Summer's heat whiplash. After the first hit I can feel the effects coming on. My shoulders relaxed and massaged. Muscle pain retreat to the background. Eyelids dropped and creativity soar. I enjoy the buzz it's quite peaceful. Already gave some to friends so I'll get their report on it. Not my best produce and I hope the winter grow offer better harvest.

Some art.
Untitled-317.jpg

Beautiful pic's and design work there, Twelve! :welldone:

Sorry to hear your buds were a little airy. :sorry:

Luckily, my PE's came out nice & dense after my previous two harvests had airy buds and I was starting to doubt the LED!

Perhaps the light nugs were due to some stress during those hight temps?

Either way, it sounds like some great meds! :thumb:

+REPS!

EDIT: Sorry...I need to spread it first....Someone please give Twelve some +Reps for me and I'll repay the favor! :grinjoint:

+ rep no need to repay the favour your threads have been more then helpful mr Krip and twelve is more then worthy to be +reped spread the love. Nice submition on the logo twelve are u working on any more?

Thanks, GSpeed and the +Reps were repaid, anyways! :)

I know you weren't asking for them, but should have give them to you earlier for all the great things you said, so this is a good excuse to give them to you now! :thanks:

Great looking buds! You take the best pictures of anyone I have ever seen on this site!! The clarity is amazing!! :bravo:

Absolutely great smoke report presentation! very impressed :thumb:
sorry about the airy but lets see what the next run will be like.

@Mr. Krip you are so great around here! keep up all the positve vibes and knowledge you drop - great new logo! did 12 design that for you?

Great job and keep it green!
:peace:

Fantastic pictures. THey make my mouth water for some reason. I want a bud like that very much.

My shoulders relax just looking at those nugs. Great medicine indeed!

Luckily, my PE's came out nice & dense after my previous two harvests had airy buds and I was starting to doubt the LED!

Perhaps the light nugs were due to some stress during those hight temps?

Hey Mr. Krip! You had airy buds too? What did you do differently this time to get dense buds? Yes, I think the airy buds are due to combination of events; heat stress (thought it had heat resistant), Seed production, and I change out the lights from LED to hps throughout the course of its flowering to lower the heat, and I harvested a bit too early after analyzing the buds. Though the trichomes are in the window of harvest the calyx were not.

Great looking buds! You take the best pictures of anyone I have ever seen on this site!! The clarity is amazing!! :bravo:

Haha thanks. It seemed my photo skills passed my growing skills. Started after I took up growing.

Absolutely great smoke report presentation! very impressed :thumb:
sorry about the airy but lets see what the next run will be like.

@mr. krip you are so great around here! keep up all the positve vibes and knowledge you drop - great new logo! did 12 design that for you?

Great job and keep it green!
:peace:

Thanks MSquared. Not letting airy buds slowing me down. It'll get better. The buds still gets me high as hell. Mr. Krip is great! I did not design the logo for him, looks good though.

Fantastic pictures. THey make my mouth water for some reason. I want a bud like that very much.

My shoulders relax just looking at those nugs. Great medicine indeed!

Thanks 1970 Grower! I can give you tips on how to get airy buds, haha. Increase your grow space to 90-100F when the lights are on. It's going to be the new trend I tell ya! ;) This bud gives good high and does offer some indica properties of soundly sleep.

Hi 144 - ;)

Nugs look damn smokable to me. :yummy:

Glad they do the job well for you buddy. Summer grows are tough to manage with the heat. Sounds like they are pretty great meds. I have to do some PE eventually. It's too hard watching you guys grow 'em. Makes me crazy wanting it after a while. ;)

Twelve, my PE buds weren't airy, but the AK & Haze I harvested before that both were. I think I had the LED too far above the canopy and I've been keeping it much closer. The PE not only wasn't airy, but the nugs were pretty tight & dense. I'll let you know how this current round turns out.

Hi 144 - ;)

Nugs look damn smokable to me. :yummy:

Glad they do the job well for you buddy. Summer grows are tough to manage with the heat. Sounds like they are pretty great meds. I have to do some PE eventually. It's too hard watching you guys grow 'em. Makes me crazy wanting it after a while. ;)

Thanks X! I'm growing it again and learned from the airy buds. The only time I had dense buds was Fall-late Winter grows. We're approaching the season and I'm letting it run wild with SOG. For Summer of 2012 will have more plants in veg than bloom. Give PE a grow!

Twelve, my PE buds weren't airy, but the AK & Haze I harvested before that both were. I think I had the LED too far above the canopy and I've been keeping it much closer. The PE not only wasn't airy, but the nugs were pretty tight & dense. I'll let you know how this current round turns out.

I had the same problem having LED too high up. The PE were under LED for 1/2 of its blooming days and some of that contribute to airy buds. Dense buds holds more trichomes and it's sought after. Cool, looking forward to your next harvest!

congrats on the harvest 12 . looks great

Thanks SS!

Hey 12/12,
Congrats on this thread passing 420 posts !
Are you gonna trust that family echo site with pics of your little ones ?

The server is not in states I doubt the government has power to take info from echo site. I don't upload pics, only give code names so they are hidden from the true lineage form, due to the nature of the family species. Thank you for your concern. Best to stay safe.

Update: Scrog & Water Cure

Hammerhead in the closet scrog currently under 600w hps. They're being feed with BPN and got swollen quite a bit. They are doing great. A little hot in there during the day time so I'm giving them extra dark hours to switch to flowering at night. The lights will be much cooler to run. The Hammerhead got one more month to go, should be ready by the end of October.

MG_1671.jpg
MG_1672.jpg

Water curing the Pineapple Express harvested nugs. They are still harsh to smoke, not at the level of smoothness I like the nugs to be. I've water cured before and it's great. Going for this curing method to ensure the smoke is pleasant even though the nugs are a bit airy. About that, I'm not going to make the same mistake as the previous harvest with airy buds with the Hammerhead. This time I'm letting the buds do their thing and chop them right before the "Window of Harvest" closed (20% cloudy / 80% amber), and all pistils has retreated to the swollen calxy with 95% turned colors and 5% or so white (new pistils).

These been in the jars with water for 1-3 days (with water change in between of course). I've changed out the water every few hours of the day when the water gets dark. They sit longer when I'm sleeping, and change it first thing in the morning with some fresh water. By the 3rd day it will take about 8hrs or so before the water gets slightly tinted, a good sign that all the harsh stuff is extracted. The clear ones has been in this program for 3 days and is ready for drying tomorrow. Then the second smoke test occur. Expect to hit smooth, and a great buzz. Airy or not I'll enjoy what I have, learn and improve.

MG_1660.jpg
MG_1661.jpg

Wow Twelve12 you got it down. I am going to want to pick your brain during my next grow.

Your buds are bloomin beautiful. And the pictures are unbelievable, looks like I could reach in my screen and grab one. Heck I just might try lol...

Yeah iv have read some on the subject and know a few people who have used this method but never tried it myself. when will your smoke report be ready on this twelve?

Sorry I think I missed somthing did you say hammerhead made your buds airy?

Do you have a predicted weight on your scrog?

Wow Twelve12 you got it down. I am going to want to pick your brain during my next grow.

Your buds are bloomin beautiful. And the pictures are unbelievable, looks like I could reach in my screen and grab one. Heck I just might try lol...

Thanks man. The buds are nice looking during late bloom. That's my favorite plant's stage to take lots of photos. It's motivational to see them everyday thought I would pass on the inspiration in a form of a picture.

real curious about how the water curing goes, I never tried it myself but always wanted to

Try out few nugs see how you like it. Mainly I'm going for the smooth smoke and some THC potency. The buzz is double from my previous smoke test.

Yeah iv have read some on the subject and know a few people who have used this method but never tried it myself. when will your smoke report be ready on this twelve?

Sorry I think I missed somthing did you say hammerhead made your buds airy?

Do you have a predicted weight on your scrog?

The smoke report will be ready sometime today, stay tunes! The airy buds are the ones in water cure right now, they're from Pineapple Express. My goal was to have dense nugs but my error caused to become airy. Revising the steps and going for density next harvest, on the Hammerhead, in one month. Dry weight (air) is at least 2oz, and 1.2oz if water cured.

Back
Top Bottom