Two Tents By Twox: A Memoir Of A Monthly 8oz Harvest

I hope I can grow up to be just Like you Twox:bravo::bravo:

Yer tents and Girls look Fantastic, and those Buds... Goodness:cheer:

I have a Bunch of new Auto's coming Soon, Including Dark Devil. May try a perpetual grow like yers since I have the two Tents.

Gunna steal yer clone/box on the T5 light setup Like I said I would.. Probably order it this week so when my seeds land Ill be ready to rock and roll.
I have awhile to learn too clone, but ill start edumacating myself soon on That

Great Job Bud.. looks fantastic

Stav

I was planning on getting another tent to dedicate to veg, but I'm not sure what size I wanna get. I have enough room to get a second 4x4, but noticed you had a 4x2? Any advantage over that? Right now there's a perfect size corner where I could setup a 3x3 and not even have to move anything around. I think I'd only be veg'ing like 3 at a time, but beyond that I was only going to be running a 200 watt light maximum.

Anyway I just figured I'd ask you since you seem to know what you're doing with the perpetual harvest setup you've got running.

Oh forgot to ask, do you have a separate exhaust fan for each tent or are you hooking up the small one to be vented out passively via a duct in the big one? That's what I plan to do, but I worry about the open vents on the big tent letting too much air in and not actually exhausting the small tent well enough without its own active fan.

What's up Vex.... sorry about the shock and awe :) . It's good to know I'm doing something right..

I hope I can grow up to be just Like you Twox:bravo::bravo:

Yer tents and Girls look Fantastic, and those Buds... Goodness:cheer:

I have a Bunch of new Auto's coming Soon, Including Dark Devil. May try a perpetual grow like yers since I have the two Tents.

Gunna steal yer clone/box on the T5 light setup Like I said I would.. Probably order it this week so when my seeds land Ill be ready to rock and roll.
I have awhile to learn too clone, but ill start edumacating myself soon on That

Great Job Bud.. looks fantastic

Stav
What's up Stav. I'm digging your grow journal and I kinda wanna be just like you..:thumb: I'll keep a eye out for those autos. I might be adding another t5 soon so I can have two trays but plans might change. I'm kinda running out of room for genetics and I have some big plans for the future so things might change a bit. Ive been really interested in breeding lately.

I was planning on getting another tent to dedicate to veg, but I'm not sure what size I wanna get. I have enough room to get a second 4x4, but noticed you had a 4x2? Any advantage over that? Right now there's a perfect size corner where I could setup a 3x3 and not even have to move anything around. I think I'd only be veg'ing like 3 at a time, but beyond that I was only going to be running a 200 watt light maximum.

Anyway I just figured I'd ask you since you seem to know what you're doing with the perpetual harvest setup you've got running.

Oh forgot to ask, do you have a separate exhaust fan for each tent or are you hooking up the small one to be vented out passively via a duct in the big one? That's what I plan to do, but I worry about the open vents on the big tent letting too much air in and not actually exhausting the small tent well enough without its own active fan.

What's up Fertilizer.. The only reason I chose the veg tent I did was due to space constraints and the size of the equipment I had available. I already had a 4ft t5 so I needed a tent to fit the light. I wish I had a 6 bulb T5 Because the 4 bulb just doesn't fully cover the canopy in my 4x2. My veg tent is only 4ft tall and I regret not getting something taller but it forces me to keep my plants short which has helped tremendously in flower.

A 3x3 sound like a nice space to veg. The square floor space will fit 3 plants easily. You could probably even fits some clones in there too.

My exhaust system runs two 6 inch fans with speed controllers. Ones a hydro farm and the other is a vivosun from amazon. All the aluminum ducting im using is lined with black on the inside to help with light leaks. The fan in the veg tent uses a bug screen and the tents passive intakes. It sucks air in from the passive intakes and blows the air into my flower tent. The fan in my veg tent is about half speed.
The flowering tent has a 6inch fan and a carbon filter. This fan is at full blast and all passive intakes are closed in flowering. All the air coming into my flowering tent comes from the veg tents fan. I just adjust the veg tents fan speed so that the flowering tent still has a little negative pressure. If I turn the veg tents fan off my flowering tent sucks up like a Crack head.. lol. The passive system your describing may work but the slow draw from your veg tent means heat will build up and your flowering tent will be getting hot humid air drawn in. It's also a lot of work and stress for your one fan that can lead to a fan failure. You could use a small duct fan but I don't think it will be strong enough... plus summers coming, a second fan is a must.

What's up Vex.... sorry about the shock and awe :) . It's good to know I'm doing something right..

What's up Stav. I'm digging your grow journal and I kinda wanna be just like you..:thumb: I'll keep a eye out for those autos. I might be adding another t5 soon so I can have two trays but plans might change. I'm kinda running out of room for genetics and I have some big plans for the future so things might change a bit. Ive been really interested in breeding lately.

What's up Fertilizer.. The only reason I chose the veg tent I did was due to space constraints and the size of the equipment I had available. I already had a 4ft t5 so I needed a tent to fit the light. I wish I had a 6 bulb T5 Because the 4 bulb just doesn't fully cover the canopy in my 4x2. My veg tent is only 4ft tall and I regret not getting something taller but it forces me to keep my plants short which has helped tremendously in flower.

A 3x3 sound like a nice space to veg. The square floor space will fit 3 plants easily. You could probably even fits some clones in there too.

My exhaust system runs two 6 inch fans with speed controllers. Ones a hydro farm and the other is a vivosun from amazon. All the aluminum ducting im using is lined with black on the inside to help with light leaks. The fan in the veg tent uses a bug screen and the tents passive intakes. It sucks air in from the passive intakes and blows the air into my flower tent. The fan in my veg tent is about half speed.
The flowering tent has a 6inch fan and a carbon filter. This fan is at full blast and all passive intakes are closed in flowering. All the air coming into my flowering tent comes from the veg tents fan. I just adjust the veg tents fan speed so that the flowering tent still has a little negative pressure. If I turn the veg tents fan off my flowering tent sucks up like a Crack head.. lol. The passive system your describing may work but the slow draw from your veg tent means heat will build up and your flowering tent will be getting hot humid air drawn in. It's also a lot of work and stress for your one fan that can lead to a fan failure. You could use a small duct fan but I don't think it will be strong enough... plus summers coming, a second fan is a must.

Does your tent have zippers to close the passive intakes? I would have to tape mine shut.

So you can kind of see where my little "veg" area was setup. It worked pretty well, except that I worried about the cats eating it and there being a general lack of air movement. You can't see it in the picture, but to the right side of the tent on a table there is my exhaust fan, and you can see where it's vented out through my furnace vent. I'll probably just end up getting a second fan and put it next to that one, and then running into a Y pipe to go out.
panorama_1.jpg

So far the biggest problems with that as an open veg setup is that my cat likes to go eat the lower leaves and then throw them up.

If I get a tent I'd want to try to get a better light too. But not sure what the cost would run for a good LED or a T5. Gotta have a max 200 watt draw.

Does your tent have zippers to close the passive intakes? I would have to tape mine shut.

So you can kind of see where my little "veg" area was setup. It worked pretty well, except that I worried about the cats eating it and there being a general lack of air movement. You can't see it in the picture, but to the right side of the tent on a table there is my exhaust fan, and you can see where it's vented out through my furnace vent. I'll probably just end up getting a second fan and put it next to that one, and then running into a Y pipe to go out.
panorama_1.jpg

So far the biggest problems with that as an open veg setup is that my cat likes to go eat the lower leaves and then throw them up.

If I get a tent I'd want to try to get a better light too. But not sure what the cost would run for a good LED or a T5. Gotta have a max 200 watt draw.

I know all about the cats, they wreck havoc in my grow too. All my passive Intakes velcro shut and I only use one on my veg tent. My other passive goes through the 6inch ducting hole. I use a old piece of ducting with a cheese cloth taped over it.. catches cat hair for me.

I have never used a LED but my 4ft 4 bulb T5 draws something like 224 watts.

I know all about the cats, they wreck havoc in my grow too. All my passive Intakes velcro shut and I only use one on my veg tent. My other passive goes through the 6inch ducting hole. I use a old piece of ducting with a cheese cloth taped over it.. catches cat hair for me.

I have never used a LED but my 4ft 4 bulb T5 draws something like 224 watts.

I might try a cheesecloth, I got some really course 3m filter I cut-to-fit but it doesn't really filter it out very much, unless they're coming in through the passive intakes. What kind of tent is yours? I want to make sure to find one I can close the vents off on and put filters into the ducting-intakes.

I think I'm going to get a HEPA filter for inside the tent too. The battle with cat hair is real.

That's not bad, and I know T5s do pretty good with veg, but not sure I'll find one with a price I like. What kind is yours?

I might try a cheesecloth, I got some really course 3m filter I cut-to-fit but it doesn't really filter it out very much, unless they're coming in through the passive intakes. What kind of tent is yours? I want to make sure to find one I can close the vents off on and put filters into the ducting-intakes.

I think I'm going to get a HEPA filter for inside the tent too. The battle with cat hair is real.

That's not bad, and I know T5s do pretty good with veg, but not sure I'll find one with a price I like. What kind is yours?

The small veg tent is a" G Box" brand off of Amazon. Worked well for veg but I think it leaks too much light to be used to flower. The filter I'm using in Veg was also off amazon and was labeled as a 6inch bug filter. It was only like ten bucks but it's a second defense to dust and cat hair.

The T5 I bought was a off brand from a online hydro store. It even came with bulbs and was around $120/ $140..
Here a link to the t5 I use.. this is there newer version and it's cheaper than what I paid..
Grow Crew HO T5 V2 4', 4 Bulb Fixture w/ Bulbs - 120/240/277v for Sale - Reviews, Prices, & More - GrowersHouse

Oh that sounds great, that's what I wanted to pay. Thanks!

Yeah I tried looking up those filters before too and only found "Phres" ones for like $40-$70. Yikes.

Are light leaks really a huge deal? I mean, I'm far, far, far, from a veteran grower or anything like that, but so far I've grown in some pretty light-leaky tents and setups and never had a problem. It seems like unless there's like a spotlight pinhole shining light onto the buds then it's not a problem. I don't know though, I mean really I hate to sound like I'm experienced or anything, but that's most of the reason I want a tent. Right now my veg setup is basically in the corner right by the tent and so light can leak in through the 6" intake vent and the passive intake vent, and all I have as a blocker are cardboard boxes. I'm waiting until I get a real 3x3 to switch to 12/12.

It makes me wonder if setting up a 4x4 next to a 4x4 would be a bad idea for the issue of light leaking. The intakes might end up basically right next to each other, so any light from the 18/6 tent would leak into the 12/12 tent unless there was some kind of barrier setup, and then you'd have to ensure it was a breathable barrier so it didn't leak light either. I think that's another reason the 3x3 might be a better deal, because I can just lean a carboard slat against the 12/12 tent to keep the 18/6 light out... But then again if I got a nice 4x4 with passive intakes that were close-able I wouldn't have to worry about that at all.

This is a hard thing to plan out lol It just seems like this has been working out really well for you. I dream of an 8oz montly harvest...

Here's the filter I use... it's really basic but it's cleanable and collects dust and hair so it works for me.

Bug Shield Fan Intake/Exhaust Screen, 6"

1666581361478.png

I don't think small light leaks matter to much but I try my best to keep my room dark since my lights off are during the day and I flower at night while it's cool and energy is cheap.. The veg tent I use has no flaps for the zippers and a stupid window I don't use. I just wanted to point out the the "g box tent" has minimal light proofing. My biggest light leaks come from the full silver aluminum ducting.. I won't use it ever again. All my ducting has a black lining on the inside and helps with the light leaks.

When I started my perpetual I pretty much said f@#k it, i was tired of trying to plan it out perfect and it was giving me a headache. So i bought a tent, a fan, a timer, a extension cord and some light hangers and told my self I would figure it out as I go.. I did, I struggled, I learned and it worked for me. The trick is to get it started and deal with any minor issues later.

Whats going on 420 fam,..

Heres a shot of the Veg tent with my 4 BDay Cakes getting ready for flower.. Kinda boring
20170326_115206.jpg

Purple Urkle OC cross #2 Shes starting to fill in a little and wont stop spitting out pistols. Shes a stinker though.
20170326_195145.jpg

Blueberrys starting to get some color,... Shes still kinda weird...
20170326_195133.jpg

Heres another shot of the Urkle cross #2... yum
20170326_195109.jpg

OC#3 starting to flower... Shes flowering quickly
20170326_195055.jpg

Heres some nanners i found on the #2 Urkle cross... Hope i caught them in time.
20170326_200247.jpg

My favorite this grow, Urkle cross #3... Shes a complete opposite of the other two phenos. She flowered quickly and looks done at 8 weeks. Ive been flushing her for a week now and will probably continue doing so until she looks ready. Shes finaly getting some color and a little swell. Ive been flushing with purple max, hi brix mollases and organic bud hardener but will probably switch to straight water for the next week.
20170326_195345.jpg
20170326_195250.jpg
20170326_195410.jpg

Just a little update of some stuff i havent really shown lately.

Heres a shot of a Purple Urkle in veg im attempting to train into a bush...
20170327_180833.jpg

Some shots of the seedli gs i have going. Two Purple Envys on the right and 3 g13 labs OG13.. Any damage seem on these seedlings is from my feline friend
20170327_180904.jpg

Rooted Purple x Oc #3 clone
20170327_181943.jpg

Inside the humidity dome where i clone and save genetics.

20170327_182014.jpg
20170327_182040.jpg

Bonus pics.
Purple Calyxs off my urkle cross

20170327_190445.jpg
20170327_190953.jpg

Just a little update of some stuff i havent really shown lately.

Heres a shot of a Purple Urkle in veg im attempting to train into a bush...
20170327_180833.jpg

Some shots of the seedli gs i have going. Two Purple Envys on the right and 3 g13 labs OG13.. Any damage seem on these seedlings is from my feline friend
20170327_180904.jpg

Rooted Purple x Oc #3 clone
20170327_181943.jpg

Inside the humidity dome where i clone and save genetics.

20170327_182014.jpg
20170327_182040.jpg

Bonus pics.
Purple Calyxs off my urkle cross

20170327_190445.jpg
20170327_190953.jpg

Look amazing keep up the good work, are you soil only or do you like hydro? I love DWC I have some that are air stones and some that are top feed bubbleponics, I like air stone better bigger root mass equal bigger fruit mass, I don't know if you saw my current veg tent but I have ALOT going on in there

Look amazing keep up the good work, are you soil only or do you like hydro? I love DWC I have some that are air stones and some that are top feed bubbleponics, I like air stone better bigger root mass equal bigger fruit mass, I don't know if you saw my current veg tent but I have ALOT going on in there

Oh ya, I've seen your veg tent.... very nice..
I never used hydro and have stuck to what works for me and probably won't be changing my methods any time soon, except maybe some larger pots and a lower plant count. Plus I'm scarred of flooding my grow room up stairs.

Quick update...
Flowering is going along smoothly... Everything late in flower is being flushed at the moment and I'm just waiting for them to give me the sign that there ready. Urkle cross #3 has been being flushed for over a week now and the other 4 ladies just started a few days ago. I'll probably chop #3 in a few days and the others will get it some time next week...

Here's the blue berry at 56 days.. not even close but I don't have time for 11 week strains so she's coming down ready or not.
20170331_202715.jpg

#3 looking spectacular at 56 days... :circle-of-love:
20170331_202708.jpg
20170331_202702.jpg

Here's #1.. she's ok but she can't hang with #3...
20170331_202656.jpg
20170331_202650.jpg

#2.. better than 1 ... she's a yielded too.... I might keep her also
20170331_202645.jpg
20170331_202635.jpg

Oc3 @ 31 days...
20170331_202528.jpg

UrkleX#3 Harvest.
I chopped this lady down yesterday... Smells sweet and I'm looking forward to smoking her. I left a lot of leaves on because I want to dry trim her since I usually wet trim. Not a lot of purpling but the buds look dank so I'm happy.. the rest of the ladies will be coming down soon to make way for the next batch:thumb:

20170402_171520.jpg
20170402_171214.jpg
20170402_165730.jpg
20170402_134203.jpg
20170402_134015.jpg
20170402_132926.jpg
20170402_132904.jpg
20170402_170856.jpg
20170402_170721.jpg
20170402_170940.jpg
20170402_170926.jpg

Flowering update minus the Birthday Cake.

Blueberry 2 growing buttons instead of nugs... these are some weird plants
20170227_190824.jpg

Blueberry 1 kinda budding... these are at almost 4 weeks
20170227_190840.jpg
20170227_190844.jpg
20170227_190850.jpg

OC#5 lookin good. She's at almost 8 weeks
20170227_190904.jpg
20170227_190909.jpg
20170227_190915.jpg
20170227_190919.jpg

Urkle x OC #1. Thin hairs, tall plant with nice size pre nugs
20170227_191241.jpg

Urkle x OC #2 . Thin hairs, short plant with small pre nugs
20170227_191300.jpg

Urkle x OC #3.. My favorite so far. Thick hairs, tall plant with nice size pre nugs and tight node spacing..
20170227_191312.jpg

You are the Mozart of growing. I found these photos to be a relaxing pleasure.

Hiya, Twox. This looks interesting so I think I'll watch a while.
I gathered that you're growing in soil, but I missed the nutes?
I'm also wondering why, if it's not possible to plumb a couple drains to them, you don't have a couple D/W trays in your tents and simply shop-vacing them dry after a feeding?

Anyways, my eyes are on you now. Lol

Peace, Andy.

Lol. Check that. Eb and flow pans.
(It's Waaaaay past 420 here! Lol)

Back
Top Bottom