Ugly's 1st Grow - Soil - Lithium OG Kush - 2016

Yup, I tried my darndest to kill my first grow too. I think it's just part of the learning curve..... can you imagine how fast they'd die if we hadn't done all that studying and thought we knew everything before we started:rofl:

I'm glad you got a good meter (+reps) .... While karma is good, I think a good meter is better. I'm sure you know but you can raise and lower your pH with baking soda and vinegar too, until you get some pH up & down

You'll do good, now you just have to figure out what your gonna do with all that nice bud.

See ya.

I meant to reply to this, I have actually no idea what to do with it. I've never had mmj before, no idea how it will effect me, I'm guessing i'll be feeling like poo the first couple of times. I've only smelled it back in the late 80's when I was an MP and we did controlled burns.

I'm thinking edibles thats why I ordered the Magical Butter machine, I know to take it easy. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If you vape, then I still have ABV for edibles, ugh not sure.

I know I'm fixated on the lake water but I love being organic. I went ahead and used an old camping coffee pot and added the Lake water/very good compost & worm poo. I'm just letting it sit in the sun for 2 day and will mist the leaves tomorrow for their first feeding. AFTER I adjust the Ph :)
Just an idea, any concerns?
Thanks Gu

I meant to reply to this, I have actually no idea what to do with it. I've never had mmj before, no idea how it will effect me, I'm guessing i'll be feeling like poo the first couple of times. I've only smelled it back in the late 80's when I was an MP and we did controlled burns.

I'm thinking edibles thats why I ordered the Magical Butter machine, I know to take it easy. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If you vape, then I still have ABV for edibles, ugh not sure.

I know I'm fixated on the lake water but I love being organic. I went ahead and used an old camping coffee pot and added the Lake water/very good compost & worm poo. I'm just letting it sit in the sun for 2 day and will mist the leaves tomorrow for their first feeding. AFTER I adjust the Ph :)
Thanks Gu

Plants look good.

You're in for a treat. No you will not feel like poo.

I enjoy mine smoked by pipe or joints. I have a portable vape but haven't used it in a few weeks. I've made edibles (brownies) and enjoy that high as it is different than combustion. You'll get the hang of it.

:lot-o-toke:

In the morning - cookies, vaping, and smoking a pipe...... in that order. (sativa dominate strains)

At night, reverse that order. (indica dominate strains)

Give some thought to what effects you'd like, then start reading. You can pick and choose then just buy 1 seed of a kind from Herbie's.... That way you can try them all:thumb:

Edited to add... I like the higher CBD strains too, and the above is true for them as well.

Plants look good.

You're in for a treat. No you will not feel like poo.

I enjoy mine smoked by pipe or joints. I have a portable vape but haven't used it in a few weeks. I've made edibles (brownies) and enjoy that high as it is different than combustion. You'll get the hang of it.

:lot-o-toke:

I am going to be so limited on supply in the beginning, turning plants to flower so early just to get started. It rained the other day and was about 50 degrees, I looked like an 80 year old man just to get across the room. I REFUSE to take the meds the VA gave me, i have an addictive personality to begin with :) I just dropped a Blueberry Kush & Blue Mystic Auto Flower in water today as well, just as back up.

I have family coming in this summer for the Lake :( so I will have to hide them all and the wife was giving me a hard time for all the plants. As Ben Franklin said "family is like fish, it's good for 3 day's and then it's got to go". I'll figure it out lol

In the morning - cookies, vaping, and smoking a pipe...... in that order. (sativa dominate strains)

At night, reverse that order. (indica dominate strains)

Give some thought to what effects you'd like, then start reading. You can pick and choose then just buy 1 seed of a kind from Herbie's.... That way you can try them all:thumb:

Edited to add... I like the higher CBD strains too, and the above is true for them as well.

Thanks Beav, I like the plan, thats why I grabbed these auto's exactly. Any idea on a good vape? there are so many and I'm not sure if ppl have tried a few different one's?
Thanks Gu

Thanks Beav, I like the plan, thats why I grabbed these auto's exactly. Any idea on a good vape? there are so many and I'm not sure if ppl have tried a few different one's?
Thanks Gu

I looked at them on line for months and finally went with an Arizer Air which I like, but I don't have anything to compare it to. One big advantage of vaping is, If you're gonna smoke inside, vaping doesn't have anywhere near the oder that smoking does and what little oder there is goes away quick.

Awesome ty, Ill look at it. I've been looking for months as well.

Blue Mystic Auto Fem
Genetics (Flo x Afghani) x Blueberry
Plant Type Predominantly Indica
Cultivation Indoor as well as Outdoor
Plant Height Short
Average Yield 200 - 300 g/m² in SOG
Flowering Period 7 - 9 weeks
Seeds per pack 5
THC Medium
CBD High
Effect+ Sleepy Relaxed Euphoric
Flavor+ Berry Blueberry Woody
Medical+ Stress Depression Lack Appetite
Medical Use No

Blue Berry Kush
Genetics (Blueberry x OG Kush) x Blue Mystic automatic
Plant Type Hybrid
Cultivation Indoor as well as Outdoor
Plant Height Short
Effect Energetic, Body Buzz
Flavor Fruity, Herbal
Average Yield 350 - 450 g/m² in SOG
Flowering Period 8 - 10 weeks
Seeds per pack 5
THC Medium
CBD Medium
Effect+ Euphoric Uplifted
Flavor+ Berry Pine Earthy

Humans and cannabis have evolved together. You won't feel like poo. You won't have a hangover. Some strains will make you giggly. Some with help you contemplate the awe inspiring parts of nature - or the awesome shape of a foot stool. Have fun with your medical marijuana. Like alcohol, just don't do anything stupid that you wouldn't do if you were not on marijuana. It might be a really funny idea to blow marijuana smoke in the face of an MP, but it would be stupid - so don't do it. However if you have a best buddy who actually likes practical jokes, dumping a big container of KoolAid mix in his swimming pool (after you have tested it to not stain his pool liner) might be just fine :)

The big advantage of smoking and vaping is that you chose to dose the amount you want, and adjust throughout the day. For example, you can take 2 hits wait 10 minutes and decide whether you want another hit or not. You can not overdose, but you can waste your marijuana chasing a high.

The advantage of edibles is that you can get very high and very happy and very body relaxed the effects can last for 3-6 hours.The disadvantage is that it can sometimes take 1-2 hours to kick in. Some folks end up calling the doctor or 911 because they ate an edible dose, didn't feel high after 15 minutes so ate another dose, then another ... and by the time the high kicks in they have taken 4-5 hits. Then they call 911 and report that they think they are dead. It happens. Especially to people new to edibles. --Don't ever call a doctor, you don't have a medical issue, you have a confusion issue. Call you wife or a good friend - talk to your friend - then expect them to tell the story about how you were so stupid high you thought you were a space alien for the next 15 years.

With Magical Butter machine recipes be very careful not to miss the step where you pre-cook (decarboxylate) your herb before running the pre-set programs. They are so careful in pretending that 99.95% of their customers are not using this to bake marijuana edibles, that their recipes leave out this vitally important first step. It's in their recipe book, but on another page.

Thanks Gu

I totally understand about being fixated on the lake water. I am fixated on worm poo, plain water and the nutrients found in soil. Idon't feed my girls anything else (although I hope to add organic foliar feeding in the future.)

In my opinion(there will be other opinions,) the key thing to understand about nature based organics is that you need a "natural style" living, organic soil (LOS) to make it work. This should be easy, but it takes a couple of months. If you will be re-using your soil, or preparing it ahead of time, buy some mycorrhizal forming fungus (something with a lot of Glomus intraradices) and add it to your soil. After 30-60 days of keeping it moist with your lake water, you should have some soil that can handle any PH of water while delivery the nutrients your girls need to grow tasty, potent buds.

However if you have a best buddy who actually likes practical jokes, dumping a big container of KoolAid mix in his swimming pool (after you have tested it to not stain his pool liner) might be just fine :)

April fools day I put some beef bullion cubes in the shower head, wife goes to the shower first thing in the morning, still half a sleep
2+2= Ugly sleeping on the couch for a couple of days, But GOD that was funny:) :) :) I better be careful

Some folks end up calling the doctor or 911 because they ate an edible dose, didn't feel high after 15 minutes so ate another dose, then another ... and by the time the high kicks in they have taken 4-5 hits. Then they call 911 and report that they think they are dead. It happens. Especially to people new to edibles. --Don't ever call a doctor, you don't have a medical issue, you have a confusion issue. Call you wife or a good friend - talk to your friend - then expect them to tell the story about how you were so stupid high you thought you were a space alien for the next 15 years.

I'll be careful, my wife also works from home so I have adult supervision. :)

I totally understand about being fixated on the lake water. I am fixated on worm poo, plain water and the nutrients found in soil. Idon't feed my girls anything else (although I hope to add organic foliar feeding in the future.)

In my opinion(there will be other opinions,) the key thing to understand about nature based organics is that you need a "natural style" living, organic soil (LOS) to make it work. This should be easy, but it takes a couple of months. If you will be re-using your soil, or preparing it ahead of time, buy some mycorrhizal forming fungus (something with a lot of Glomus intraradices) and add it to your soil. After 30-60 days of keeping it moist with your lake water, you should have some soil that can handle any PH of water while delivery the nutrients your girls need to grow tasty, potent buds.

Very, Very good idea Thanks. I'll start prepping my future soil now. Thanks so much for all the advice.
Ug

Those plants recovered beautifully! YEY

Oh, in case no one mentioned it, another thing about vaping is that it is sooooooo much easier on the lungs. You won't have any coughing fits. I don't smoke anymore, if I'm going to try a bud I vape it. It works perfectly for me.

:thumb:

I just took a hit off the dry herb vape my wife purchased yesterday. We don't have the temperature dialed in yet - suggestions?

20160516_172342.jpg

I just took a hit off the dry herb vape my wife purchased yesterday. We don't have the temperature dialed in yet - suggestions?

20160516_172342.jpg

My vaporizer is not a portable model, it is a very cheap plug in thingy. No vape pen or what you have there. Mine usually reads around 360.
I have read that being between 350 to 385 is best.
Why do you say you don't have it dialed in?

My vaporizer is not a portable model, it is a very cheap plug in thingy. No vape pen or what you have there. Mine usually reads around 360.
I have read that being between 350 to 385 is best.
Why do you say you don't have it dialed in?

It has been a few months since I used the MagicFlite LaunchBox - but that is my only comparison.

The flavor of the Wulf is not as fruity/flowery, or as strong, as the MagicFlite. There is a 'toasted' taste. The ABV is a honey color - not blackened.
The Wulf high seems to hit more solidly than the MagicFlite High.
Heating up is slower, but the Wulf holds the vape inside the chamber for at least 2 minutes after the power is clicked off.

It has been a few months since I used the MagicFlite LaunchBox - but that is my only comparison.

The flavor of the Wulf is not as fruity/flowery, or as strong, as the MagicFlite. There is a 'toasted' taste. The ABV is a honey color - not blackened.
The Wulf high seems to hit more solidly than the MagicFlite High.
Heating up is slower, but the Wulf holds the vape inside the chamber for at least 2 minutes after the power is clicked off.

So many choices and different results with these vapes. My head would be swimming trying to decide. LOL

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Yes Sorry for the delay. My father took a fall and laid on the floor all night till help could get him up. I drove cross country, packed his stuff and got him set up with assisted living near me so I can get him a "tune up" and get him back on his feet. He's already doing better now but still a lot of work.

Grow is still going, I'll post some pics in a bit. I had someone water the ladies while I was away, but they didn't get any "Love" in my absence and just grew natural so yield will be low.

Thanks for the positive energy, it's much appreciated.

IMG_087532.jpg

Really scraggly and not many tops but still alive. I have a bit of drama going on at home atm. :( My son has decided to move back home, this means I lose my grow room :( :( I have a few weeks so I went ahead and flipped them to 12/12 in the hopes I can salvage them.
Maybe find a discrete place outside to keep 1 or 2 still growing, not exactly sure what to do yet but I'll figure it out.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom