Virgin Ground And The Little Star Asterion

Hey @Virgin Ground, is it your experience that when you keep a plant "well beyond her harvest suggestions" (longer than they say it takes to flower out by a significant margin) that nanners become more probable? I think I have. Seems when I let one go too long I may get a handful of seeds here and there. No flat white bullshit hermie seeds, all fully developed and easily removed, not enough to matter to anyone. I figured it was just the plant defending itself, trying to live, and shooting a nanner or two I missed towards the end that rapidly develop fully formed seeds.
That's what we were taught around here....a last ditch effort to produce seeds. It's either genetic or environmental stressors that bring it out. Could also be plant maturity.
I'm no expert, obviously.
Whether or not that's true, I don't know.
I also hear that anything that has Thai in it can hermie or nanner rather easily. Seems that they have a genetic disposition towards it.

Suppose that it's time to start my new Atreum journal.
I kinda f-ed up by sprouting a bunch of seeds that I can't feature.

Gotta pic something out of my vault this evening and get them into some water.
Not sure what I should do yet. Can't really feature the Forum either.

Maybe I'll go for my last Super Skunk?
I can grow out and flower a plant while using a clone to make some seeds.
I loved that strain.
I have over one hundred strains and I've only grown a handful of them.

I've been stuck for a week now due to indecision....

Anyway...
Some pics of the babies.

They are all thirst af. I'll feed them in a few hours.

Those are not babies! Beauties, but not babies. :)

This. Do this!
I too would like to see the Super Skunk in action. Also, this:
I kinda f-ed up by sprouting a bunch of seeds that I can't feature
I can relate to. Got me a message about just that one time not too long ago. Had to pull a discussion/plan.

Those are not babies! Beauties, but not babies. :)

This. Do this!
Ok...teenagers then. Lol
They got their first internodal pistils.
I too would like to see the Super Skunk in action. Also, this:
I kinda f-ed up by sprouting a bunch of seeds that I can't feature
I can relate to. Got me a message about just that one time not too long ago. Had to pull a discussion/plan.
I grew a Super Skunk a few grows ago but I'm down to a single seed. Since my family enjoyed her so much I figure that I should get some seeds in stock.
She will be one that I will endeavor to always keep safe in my vault.

Gosh I hope she sprouts.

Seems like I planned poorly and wasted a bunch of time. I'll get back on track.

I settled on a Super Skunk and a Sour Diesel.

I'll have my Atreum journal up in a few days.

Hope y'all can join me there...
I dig the standards you operate by VG. Yeah, that tent is just unacceptably FILTHY. Lmao!!!!!!!!!!! I mean, I keep a clean tent too and all, but if that's filthy, that's the standard I should be using. I love it. And since your plants are so damn symmetrical that you just triggered my OCD, I'm going to go count the blades of grass in one square inch of the yard so I can figure out how many blades of grass we have, which is vital of course.

I dig the standards you operate by VG. Yeah, that tent is just unacceptably FILTHY. Lmao!!!!!!!!!!! I mean, I keep a clean tent too and all, but if that's filthy, that's the standard I should be using. I love it. And since your plants are so damn symmetrical that you just triggered my OCD, I'm going to go count the blades of grass in one square inch of the yard so I can figure out how many blades of grass we have, which is vital of course.
Lol.

But... is filthy. It has errant pollen and dirt everywhere. Stupid nanners on the Peppermint Kush.
My tent vents and circulation fan are all covered with dust.
I'm usually obsessive with keeping my tents clean.
Just been super busy. When I do have time the lights are off.
Congrats on the seed drop!

If that H2O2 bottle is as old as the label makes it look I'm guessing it's closer to H2O now.
The bottle is old but the contents are newish. I stole half of a new bottle the bf keeps in the first aid kit and put it in there.
It's been kinda hard to find around here again.
I think I'll be able to make it. Lemme check my schedule
I know how busy you've been lately.
I would be honored if you could drop by but understand if you can't.

Suppose that it's time to start my new Atreum journal.
I kinda f-ed up by sprouting a bunch of seeds that I can't feature.

Gotta pic something out of my vault this evening and get them into some water.
Not sure what I should do yet. Can't really feature the Forum either.

Maybe I'll go for my last Super Skunk?
I can grow out and flower a plant while using a clone to make some seeds.
I loved that strain.
I have over one hundred strains and I've only grown a handful of them.

I've been stuck for a week now due to indecision....

I was going to suggest a poll to decide the way @StoneOtter did in his journal recently. I hope your Sour Diesel does better than mine did. Mine was really leggy and needed a lot of support.

Your new autoflowers look good. Sorry your anxiety is high. Mine is, too. :nervous-guy:

I was going to suggest a poll to decide the way @StoneOtter did in his journal recently. I hope your Sour Diesel does better than mine did. Mine was really leggy and needed a lot of support.

Your new autoflowers look good. Sorry your anxiety is high. Mine is, too. :nervous-guy:
The Autos have been a breeze so far.

I grew a Sour D by RQS about two years ago. She was super lanky too. Needed a ton of support at the end.
Really easy to trim though. Whole plant took 1/2 hr by hand.
I expect this one to be similar but you never know.
Phenos can be surprising.

The Sour D was at request and I've been wanting to play around with the Super Skunk.
I plan to make seeds from both this summer.

Gotta ketchup with Sheddy's journal. See how his 50/50 STS mix is doing.
He's been the brave one testing that ratio out for us.
It's greatly appreciated.

Aaaaah better now!
I'm so jealous of your beauties V! Great work! I understand we're here to grow bud, but my soil glitch makes my leaves have mag def lately and that just frosts my ass! Though it's on the recovery road I'm still kelly green! :meditate:Serenity now!
Sorry about the soil issues.
Even more sorry that I'm so behind on your journal.
I've been trying to get on here more. Some days that works out but others not so much.

It's not all perfect over here either.
See if you can spot the problem child...

Hey y'all.

I have a few minutes so I thought I'd talk about the GG4.

Unfortunately, she has been subject to neglect. Having been in the same 1/2 gallon of Pro Mix for well over a year it's no wonder she looks a little crappy.

I'll get her trimmed up a bit. I don't think she needs a root pruning. Her roots were in surprisingly good shape. Nice and white.
What I'm going to do is remove most of the old soil and give her some fresh stuff. Plop her right back in the same pot. Then I'll trim up her canopy in a few days.

Just to be on the safe side, I took some cuttings...
I tried to grab the greenest ones.

I was about halfway through transplanting her when the lights went out. Until this evening she's sitting in a plastic bag. I was cleaning her GeoPot with some H2O2 when it went out.
She'll be fine until this evening.

On to the other plants.
I started training the two Autos this morning. I'm using @Carcass inspired hooks. I didn't have the same wire but the green soft wire works great.

Enjoy the upside down pics. Lol
They may not get trained much beyond this. Depends upon how busy I get this week. Works really good though. Should make watering a lot easier for me having my usual tie downs out of the way. You also get much more control and are able to 'fine tune' them to exactly where you want them. Nice....

These little ones grew quite a bit overnight.

I forgot to grab pics of the Blueberry that is in her final stages of flower.
I'll get those up ASAP.

Nothing on the two seeds I dropped yesterday. Should be soon though.

That's about it. Have a bunch of tent cleaning to do this evening as well as transplanting the Cookies X and GG4.

Hope y'all have a great day/evening.
:passitleft:

Hey y'all.

I have a few minutes so I thought I'd talk about the GG4.

Unfortunately, she has been subject to neglect. Having been in the same 1/2 gallon of Pro Mix for well over a year it's no wonder she looks a little crappy.

I'll get her trimmed up a bit. I don't think she needs a root pruning. Her roots were in surprisingly good shape. Nice and white.
What I'm going to do is remove most of the old soil and give her some fresh stuff. Plop her right back in the same pot. Then I'll trim up her canopy in a few days.

Just to be on the safe side, I took some cuttings...
I tried to grab the greenest ones.

I was about halfway through transplanting her when the lights went out. Until this evening she's sitting in a plastic bag. I was cleaning her GeoPot with some H2O2 when it went out.
She'll be fine until this evening.

On to the other plants.
I started training the two Autos this morning. I'm using @Carcass inspired hooks. I didn't have the same wire but the green soft wire works great.

Enjoy the upside down pics. Lol
They may not get trained much beyond this. Depends upon how busy I get this week. Works really good though. Should make watering a lot easier for me having my usual tie downs out of the way. You also get much more control and are able to 'fine tune' them to exactly where you want them. Nice....

These little ones grew quite a bit overnight.

I forgot to grab pics of the Blueberry that is in her final stages of flower.
I'll get those up ASAP.

Nothing on the two seeds I dropped yesterday. Should be soon though.

That's about it. Have a bunch of tent cleaning to do this evening as well as transplanting the Cookies X and GG4.

Hope y'all have a great day/evening.
:passitleft:
Beautiful training work with extremely high level of attention to detail. Wow.

Yes, the problem child. No to a root prune? I've never even done one but watching Shed's, that seems like exactly what she needs. Seems it's not so much that the roots are white and healthy, which is awesome, but isn't it also that by pruning you would force the development of brand new feeder roots coming from the cut point and thus spurn increased nute uptake and thus proper growth?

Beautiful training work with extremely high level of attention to detail. Wow.

Yes, the problem child. No to a root prune? I've never even done one but watching Shed's, that seems like exactly what she needs. Seems it's not so much that the roots are white and healthy, which is awesome, but isn't it also that by pruning you would force the development of brand new feeder roots coming from the cut point and thus spurn increased nute uptake and thus proper growth?
I use GeoPots. The plant roots were pruned when I took her out of her 1/2 gallon pot.
It was very much like removing Velcro.

I should have said that I don't feel that her roots need to be pruned further. She wasn't root bound at all. I'll be sure to grab pics of her roots this evening.

My main goal is to keep her small and alive...and maybe not have to water her every day.

Back
Top Bottom