Virgin Ground And The Little Star Asterion

Let the no show sit in water awhile

Mystery would be fun, suck if it's a boy though

Two is always better than one

The mystery seeds sound interesting
Let the no show sit in water awhile

Mystery would be fun, suck if it's a boy though

Two is always better than one
The mystery seeds appeal to me because they were only kept if it was a very, very good bag and happened to have seeds. This was pretty rare to get both criteria.
It is also cool that they presented themselves at this moment in time. I was looking for a phone charger and found these.

I was wondering if I wasn't soaking the HG long enough. I only went for 24 hrs. The seed is in a moist coir plug inside of a humidity dome right now.

I'm willing to try anything. I was just reading that aspirin may help. It contains a growth/rooting hormone derived from willow. It would be a fun experiment if nothing else.

Savory quiche.
one frozen puff pastry sheet, thawed
The egg mix...

2 eggs
1/2 pint whipping cream
1/2 tsp. salt
black pepper to taste
A pinch of nutmeg
mix well to combine. Add any extra herbs you like as well.

The filling.....
1/2 medium yellow onion
1Tblsp. Chopped garlic. I use prepared garlic that comes in a jar. Fresh garlic is stronger and less should be used.
1-2 Tblsp canna butter or infused oil for cooking onion and garlic.
8 or more pieces of cooked bacon
1/2 large tomato chopped and left to drain.
1cup smoked turkey. I used a high quality sandwich meat this time ,sliced thick.
1 1/2 cups Swiss cheese.

In a deep 9" pie pan place the puff pastry. Layer with the the onion mixture on the bottom adding the other ingredients and finishing with the cheese on top. Slowly add the egg mix. Fold the corners of the pastry sheet over the top. You can do an egg wash or use canna butter that has been made with clarified butter to make the puff pastry brown a bit better.I did not do this step.Cook at 425f for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 300f and continue cooking for 35-40 minutes. Cool 5 min.and drizzle with your favorite infused oil.
IMG_20190120_114552.jpg

I can try to sprout a couple of them. There are no guarantees. I really do wonder how old they are as I have no memory of them at all. I'm guessing 10+ years. They don't appear to be in bad shape.

Only one way to find out. I'd better make some sort of decision soon.

Man, I love a quiche with crabmeat and onion. That looks wicked!
I've never tried seafood quiche, sounds really good. Mine turned out really nice. I was in no pain yesterday. Gonna make brownies today.

I've never tried seafood quiche, sounds really good. Mine turned out really nice. I was in no pain yesterday. Gonna make brownies today.

You motivated me for quiche this week, I need to do one for everyone for dinner. Maybe just like a 3-onion.

I do a smoked ham and asparagus quiche with hollandaise. I only make it twice a year though. That's what I love about quiche. You can add just about anything.

My grandma used to put quail eggs on the top before cooking. You get these tiny hardboiled egg when you are done. I tried to make it once...she must have had a trick she used. Mine didn't turn out like hers. I wish I would have paid closer attention. For all I know she hardboiled them first.

Have you ever tried Spanish omelet/tortilla? That is a good one too. Add a nice canna oil and balsamic vinaigrette dressing.

Back
Top Bottom