Want to yield around 10pounds to get out of debt

Id save ya money n look elsewhere.. truth be told your gonna invest and screw it up. Your doing it for the wrong reasons. The only reason you should be growing is for the love of the plant. A first time grower investing in enough equipment to grow 10lb will very likely not make his money back on first grow. Simply because you got no idea what your doing. You dont understand issues or how to spot them, every grow has issues. Longer these go unsolved or unnoticed worse the end product will be. The number of plants you will require means you gotta be able to spot issues just from the way the plants talk to you, you cant do that. If you wanna grow a couple plants start educating yourself great in time you might be able to make your money but wont be quick. Also im unsure of situation with regards to helping you supply blackmarket and forum rules. Unless you truely love the plant your better off looking elsewhere

well obviously your going o do what you wanna do. It completely amazes me that you still think that you can do this! Living stress free is not growing that much with no experience.
There is no stress free with that much product. Your ignorant to put other peoples lives in jeopardy because you wanna get rich on some half cock thought.
I'm up for helping people, but you clearly don't want the help from any of us. Your lack of common sense is pretty impressive
Ya I was a little baffled when I saw his response to still go through with it this morning.. even after the general consensus said not too.. He’s either got balls that scrape the ground when he walks or a lack of firing synapses...maybe both.. Either way, I still implore you to reconsider this decision @difficulttofindone01 Nobody here wants to hear about anything bad happening to you, but our advice is just that, advice. We can’t force you to make educated decisions, only try to guide you in the right direction. I truly hope this works out for you... mostly for your loved ones that will also be signing up (most likely unknowingly) for whatever fate you bring down on them. Good luck friend and stay safe!

It may sound paranoid, but it does smell a bit "FISHY" in here at the moment. Bottom LINE, you aren't the first to have this same idea and certainly won't be the last and IT IS a PIPE dream(pun intended). Here is some real talk for you, CONCENTRATE on hard fuckin' work and get your CREDIT straight and go from there. I have multiple SKILL Sets(otherwise you're just hired labor) I can fall back on if need be... Always HAVE a contingency plan. Be smart, GO small and chip away at the debt with hard work, dedication, and work the credit game. Alright man, I don't usually get personal and shit since I'm a hobbyist/enthusiast of cannabis along with my genetic back issues(flare ups) on the medical side, and I like to have fun and keep SHIT light. My Lemon Candy is calling me. BE SAFE! :meditate:

dude's talking about renting a house for a grow - op.

that's a frickin swat team wet dream right there.

Thanks for taking your time to reply. With my engineering and science background it will be easier to process any help i get here. I might be in debt but i still have cash flow getting in and have money to invest. Its just that with the covid and lockdown finding myself to have lots of fixed charges(i have loys of loans different premises I rent) to keep paying(they didnt freeze anything in my country) that i dont want to get in such a situation again. Want to clear all debt and live stress free.

With apologies for some repeat advice...

So, you clearly have thought through a lot of the logistics of a grow, which I think shows some awareness of the horticultural and legal/political/interpersonal issues at stake.

I see a lot of a real naivety (which others have in effect noted) that places tremendous faith on one's ability to control forces of nature. I promise you that if you are in fact as new to the hobby as you state, that there is no way for you or anyone else to dial in on a grow of that scale and get anywhere near the yields you need. In an early post you noted a particular strain claimed maximum yields of XYZ amount per m2. Although these figures are helpful in giving some general sense of which strains are capable of yielding more and which will likely yield less, they are largely marketing strategies, aimed, for instance, at newbies wanting to grow - let's say, for sake of argument - 10 lbs of dried and cured product.

These yields are achieved (if actually achieved) by master growers working within highly controlled environments and nurturing not only strains capable of these "romanticized" yields but also with ideal phenotypes of those strains. Literally no newbie is going to crack some Moby Dick seeds (to name a common-enough strain that actually is a pretty good yielder) and end up with the promised 650g/m2 indoors.

Let's imagine for a moment that a new grower could manage that level of control and efficacy in a single squared meter, and then think about scale: you would need to perfectly manage the equivalent of around 7 m2 spaces even if the "pipe dream" figures could be realized. My guess is that you would need around 4-5x that footprint, as a new grower, to get to your 10lb goal.

Questions (I'm not necessarily looking for answers to the following, just raising / re/raising issues):

1. Will you defoliate? If so, how will you dispose of pruned leaves and branches? You will have whole garbage bags full of this biomass, and every shred of it is a dead giveaway.

2. As at least one other has noted above, trimming 10lbs of weed is a monumental task, especially if you need to be precious even about lower larfy buds in order to maximize final yield.

3. How stable is the electrical grid in your area/country? Are there many outages? Plants will survive some minor upheavals in their light schedule, but depending on their stage of development just a few hours could destabilize a flowering crop resulting in some hermies, and you don't need much male pollen loosed upon the gals to ruin a lot of work. However, the biggest risk of all here would be an almost total loss of odor control - believe me (and others here would back me up I think) it takes no time at all for weed smells to accumulate and permeate environments outside of the "sealed" grow area when airflow systems and filters are out of play. Heat and humidity controls also go wholly out the window, as it were.

4. Do you know how to navigate the underground weed market? You'll get nowhere "dime-bagging" out 10bs, at least not as quickly as you need.

My advice? Same as most others - start small, maybe with just a 3x3 tent, decent light, and 3-4 strains or phenos kept fairly small just to get your feet wet, and provide some sense of just how much work the scale you have in mind requires.

So, you clearly have thought through a lot of the logistics of a grow, which I think shows some awareness of the horticultural and legal/political/interpersonal issues at stake.

I see a lot of a real naivety (which others have in effect noted) that places tremendous faith on one's ability to control forces of nature. I promise you that if you are in fact as new to the hobby as you state, that there is no way for you or anyone else to dial in on a grow of that scale and get anywhere near the yields you need. In an early post you noted a particular strain claimed maximum yields of XYZ amount per m2. Although these figures are helpful in giving some general sense of which strains are capable of yielding more and which will likely yield less, they are largely marketing strategies, aimed, for instance, at newbies wanting to grow - let's say, for sake of argument - 10 lbs of dried and cured product.

These yields are achieved (if actually achieved) by master growers working within highly controlled environments and nurturing not only strains capable of these "romanticized" yields but also with ideal phenotypes of those strains. Literally no newbie is going to crack some Moby Dick seeds (to name a common-enough strain that actually is a pretty good yielder) and end up with the promised 650g/m2 indoors.

Let's imagine for a moment that a new grower could manage that level of control and efficacy in a single squared meter, and then think about scale: you would need to perfectly manage the equivalent of around 7 m2 spaces even if the "pipe dream" figures could be realized. My guess is that you would need around 4-5x that footprint, as a new grower, to get to your 10lb goal.

Questions (I'm not necessarily looking for answers to the following, just raising / re/raising issues):

1. Will you defoliate? If so, how will you dispose of pruned leaves and branches? You will have whole garbage bags full of this biomass, and every shred of it is a dead giveaway.

2. As at least one other has noted above, trimming 10lbs of weed is a monumental task, especially if you need to be precious even about lower larfy buds in order to maximize final yield.

3. How stable is the electrical grid in your area/country? Are there many outages? Plants will survive some minor upheavals in their light schedule, but depending on their stage of development just a few hours could destabilize a flowering crop resulting in some hermies, and you don't need much male pollen loosed upon the gals to ruin a lot of work. However, the biggest risk of all here would be an almost total loss of odor control - believe me (and others here would back me up I think) it takes no time at all for weed smells to accumulate and permeate environments outside of the "sealed" grow area when airflow systems and filters are out of play. Heat and humidity controls also go wholly out the window, as it were.

4. Do you know how to navigate the underground weed market? You'll get nowhere "dime-bagging" out 10bs, at least not as quickly as you need.

My advice? Same as most others - start small, maybe with just a 3x3 tent, decent light, and 3-4 strains or phenos kept fairly small just to get your feet wet, and provide some sense of just how much work the scale you have in mind requires.
Well written

Wow @Vesti Bule ! Keep posting! Love the name too! Welcome to the forum! :welcome:

Wow, 10 lbs. @ $800 oz. = $128,000.00 there.
10 lbs. @ $100 oz. = $16,000.00 here (actually more like $1000 per pound).
I'm getting ripped off ... lol.
Not really, since I just grow a couple plants at a time for myself to enjoy with my friends. But I'm in it to save on the cost since the dispensary prices are crazy.
Law are really tough here concerning drugs even for weeds.

Back
Top Bottom