The STS treated plant is finally showing some seeds starting up. I figured out I mixed the recipe wrong, based on lack of info about which of the two versions of sodium thiosulphate I have. Maybe that’s why it was so slow to produce pollen.

My grow is pretty damn slapdash. I was staring at one of the P Chunks in flowering last week and suddenly realized I was staring at a clone of the original PC pheno, which I’d written off as completely lost and gone quite a while back. I’d mislabelled the clone as one of my other PC phenos, and didn’t really notice it till well into flowering.

So now, as far as I know, it’s the last PC1 I have and I will have to reveg it. It’s at 7 1/2 weeks now. I would’ve chopped the top off today and put it back in the veg room but i just watered it recently and I’m waiting for the pot lighten up first.

This phenotype is a real pain in the ass to grow but produces good bud. It has distinctive looking skinny downward pointing sugar leaf, and star shaped budlets. Slow flowering and extremely sticky.

I looked at the veg plants today and counted 16 different strains. Some of them have several phenotypes, which brings it to at least 22 distinct plants, and each one of those needs to have at least one clone (but usually two or three) taken from it before flowering. I’m surprised it’s not more messed up than it is, considering how little time I spend in there.

The first six are new starts.

-Critical Plus

-Peyote Purple

-Silver Widow

God Bud x Lemon Skunk - I have about a half dozen of these started.

-‘Gree’ - bagseed I once grew - revisited

-‘Guppy’ -two of these - unknown bagseed from a friend

-La Niña

-Durple Pream

-Pineapple Chunk (three phenos)

-Carnival (three different plants- two of which are probably the same pheno)

-Chocolate Mint OG (two phenos)

-Golden Tiger (two from seed still unflowered)

-Tutankhamen

-Strawberry Blue

-Chocolope

-SLH times Afghan

It's easy to get out of hand with plant count's and labels. It's caused me grief more than once. Over last fall I did a pheno hunt looking for something special. Ran around a dozen different strains and found one really special plant. Now I have 9 strains still going. I really need to let some of them go. Hard to stick to original plan sometimes :laughtwo:

Found it and subbed.
BTW I see you’re an ‘active member’. Would have thought you’d have some grander label after all this time. I don’t think I’ve seen that one before. Sounds a bit naughty.

Hey Weasel,

I lost access to the account I had when I was “staff” and this is a relatively new account so starting from the beginning with rank lol

I wish I was blessed with the PC phenos you have that stack very well. My pheno yields ok from time to time, but she never stacked her buds like yours does. You got a keeper for sure and would be worth the hassle to reveeg her.

I’d like to get the number of strains way back down again. Maybe it’s one of those things like how you completely mess your house up in the process of spring cleaning o_O J don’t know. Now that the STS seems to be working I’m going to try to get seeds of some of the strains and that will make it way easier to let them go. I think I’m gonna have to make some sort of quick and dirty isolation chamber/grow tent thing for the purpose.

I’m curious to see what PC pheno Celt has. My PC2 produces the biggest buds. All the phenos are quite leafy though. This PC1 might be the leafiest and smallest of the three- but if I flower long enough it gets so sticky it makes up for it.

I can’t account for them being much different in size from yours Skybound. I wonder if it’s because of my HPS lighting? Maybe mine are just fluffier.

I think I just got a weak pheno. I now use HPS and it's not making much of a difference. But ever since the first seed plants, neither stacked buds, they were just chunky cluster type buds with 4-6 inches of stem between, lol.

Ok @Weaselcracker ,

I’ve only had the one plant, hence the seed production, so have no idea what pheno is what, but here are some pics of her bud.

30F8D21A-C6D0-48EF-8048-EA6F7F80B579.jpeg
F7BEB513-E8D2-4560-B918-82116D33DD1E.jpeg

38E71CC0-15B0-44DE-952A-15B9F651DADE.jpeg

It’s not sticky to hold, but was during trimming, and when you bust it up, you can roll a log without paper lol

I have the same thought of after I get seeds made from them I'll probably let some of them go. I've pollinated 7 strains with my Chernobyl dude. Hopefully I will get some decent crosses. All except one new one are proven stable girls with at least 2 runs each with no issues. Hopefully I have stable crosses in the end. Breeding is a fun hobby so far. Some day I'll try sts like you're doing

...as a once a year grower, I gave all my reg's that were freebies away...20/20 hindsight...should have kept some... :rolleyes: , cause now I wanna' play around a bit...lookin' at STS for some S1 fun in the spring...one strain I would love to keep going, and doing a cross with something as well...there is so much out there, it's almost ridiculous...be an adventure to work some in house inventory, and get into a collective exchange...not that would ever happen here...;)...cheerz Wease'...Ya'll...:high-five:...h00k...:hookah:...

well i certainly am benefiting from breeding done by an excellent papa ,, i have several plants of his going now,,

including this,, a panama/cheese cross,, simply the smelliest plant to date,, fluffy a bit which is what it's sposed to be lucy

P1170760 (3).JPG

this plant stretched more than near any plant i have been involved with

i was playing photog a bit,, my flower grow space makes an excellent photo studio,, tons of light

hey weas,, wanna hear a story,,

my first led light,, from rapid led,, i got it and made inquiries right away as to the lights intensity,, never seemed bright enuf to me. a so called expert friend tested some stuff and said all was good

well,, i bot this china light as well recently,, and thot to hook the driver up to the rapid led light,,
'

well,, :thedoubletake: :eek::oops:o_O:straightface:

the light , according to my fone light meter , is four times brighter with the new driver,,

shite to all get out

a fix in the works,, 2 years, a light running at one quarter power for 2 years,,

:cheesygrinsmiley::volcano-smiley:

Celt your PC looks like the bud from my PC1/original pheno does. Not that this means much. Seems like most strains look different depending who’s grow they’re in. But I’ll keep an eye on your current one.
:thumb:

As of a year ago it seemed like I had way more seeds than I would ever want- But now, I want more.... :laughtwo:

Soak up some of that sun for me Dr H.
Jealous!

Nivek. I don’t know all that much about them there those lights, or drivers. Are you just driving it four times as hard? Maybe it will live a shorter life but go out in a blaze of glory?

What does that plant smell like?

I mostly dropped by to post some pics of the latest Carnival. Attempts to capture its impressive trichromatic splendour.
:hmmmm: My phone just autocorrected that word ‘trichromatic’ into the sentence so I’ll leave it. Pointless to argue with Steve Jobs....

Hard to capture. Now that I smoked a bunch of it I’m having trouble choosing between the pics so I’m just going to post them all har har
:lot-o-toke:

Anyway.... that took care of my reserves of bud that was ‘too fluffy, dude’ according to local expert who doesn’t know what a sativa is.
It’s not fluffy anymore.

Lol - Yeah thats when I gather my shit up and hit the highway. Later bro! :rofl:

Great job on the hash ball that's fantastic.

Congrats on your harvest.

Foxtails... IMHO is a genetic thing. I think every Haze plant I've ran foxtailed. I run straight up sativa the 120+ day stuff never foxtails. It will herm if I sneeze wrong after 95 days tho. lol I have some Haze going now @60 days in flower, its just starting to foxtail. I'm thinking of harvesting only cause I need the weed.

I ran a whole room of Blue Dream that foxtailed. I was pissed a little bit started giving the weed away cause crappy bag appeal until I tried it. Ok not so bad.

I actually like fluffier bud. I prefer to smoke my lower laf for personal use freshies ftw.

Bunny Honey is good stuff.

@Weaselcracker said,,

What does that plant smell like?

i just figured it out,, turpentine,, yep,, sickly trichomey turpentine,, ha

damn, i thot i did good nailing it down to turp terps. i dunno,, it smelled worse before,, had a real different distinct aroma earlier,, now more defined

i can maybe talk myself into a bit o piney,, maybe,, sorta,,

I think it’s the Panama you’re smelling- I could definitely imagine that as being turpentine-ish.
It’s quite distinct and nice. Piney. Brisk. Refreshing. Invigorating. Could make a good natural shampoo smell.

Finally got around to opening the box of Mega Crop and was hit with a cloud of fine choking dust and a certain ‘long dead mummified animal’ smell. I fed all the flowering plants with it at 5.5 grams/gallon to start. I feel a bit skeptical but have to start somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom