Wow that looks very delicious :drool:

My internet system at home has been crap lately and hasn’t been letting me upload pics much for the last week but this eve I journeyed out to the desolate hill far far away through the dark, cold, and driving rain, to the magical spot where I can often get a phone signal, and uploaded them there.

The Chocolate Mint stuff is from several days ago.

The rainbowy purple colours are nice but the thing I most like in it is this crazy light blue colour it sometimes gets.

Nivek- Two pics using my headlamp

A bit more P Chunk. How do you trim this stuff into nice looking bud? This is at about 11 weeks flowering.

A couple more random pics....

Dankman covered the dry sift thing.

I take my keif and make a packet with parchment paper.
Then I fill the packet with several grams of keif and get a clothes iron and iron
it back and forth on high for a few minutes until the hash sticks together.

Depending on the color of your keif - it will be blond hash usually. I've made black with dark colored keif before.

It tastes like the old Lebanese Blond we used to get back in the day.

Thanks. I’m going to make a batch tonight if I get time. Seems like the ice hash sticks together much more easily for some reason. I suppose the dry sift process just gets a bigger percentage of broken plant matter in the mix.

Thanks. I’m going to make a batch tonight if I get time. Seems like the ice hash sticks together much more easily for some reason. I suppose the dry sift process just gets a bigger percentage of broken plant matter in the mix.
It's not too bad to get all tan with very little green using the screen. Just very lightly drag it back and forth with a card. It's kinda time consuming. But great way to get more out of trim

I’ve been using the bubble bags. Freezing the dry weed and then just shaking it through the bag basically until nothing much comes out anymore. That works very well. I guess I’ve been getting a bit gung ho with large yields but somewhat lower quality from all that shaking.

I went from making ice/bubble hash, to drying and freezing the bud and blasting it with the CO2 tank. Then after a while I thought ‘what do I need the CO2 tank for?’ and now I just skip that step and sift it.

Something I wonder about is the hash curing process. If dried weed doesn’t cure- does hash made from dried weed cure? Or hash made from frozen material? And does dried out hash cure? It seems to me that mine cures quite nicely but I’ve been thinking lately maybe I could be taking better care with it.

The quality of the dry sift greatly depends on the size of the screen. I have a 150 and 100 micron screen. The 100 is almost no leaf material. You can check the quality under a loop to see if there's leaf matter in there a run it back thru the 100 micron screen.

I can get pretty good quality with one pass in a 100 micron. If I use the 150 screen I'll run the keif thru the 100 micron screen that product is pretty good. Not quite full melt but close.

Full melt is when after burning there's nothing left behind. The good stuff.

All the talk about white ash, blah blah black ash... how's about no ash boom.

No ash hash. Gonna be the fire.

i have had two great hash hauls since i bot my bags,,

last time i used only the 95 and 25, i eliminated the 73

whatcha think of using the 73 and eliminating the 95?

so,, weaseley,, both times my hash stuck together just fine,,

a q for ya,, when you have your little piles of wet hash just taken off the screen, do you shortly after that drive the stuff through a stainless screen sifter thingy,, break it all up for drying?

surprisingly easy to get it thru the screen,, a bit of effort bit it squishes thru, into a finer consistency for drying,, beautiful stuff indeed

as bob mentioned above that i just saw,, the 93 has zero plant matter,, nuttin but trike heads,, so groovy to see under a loupe

last time i made it, last weekend, i saved the bucket remains, settled it out and dried the little that was there,, it was green/black and tasted like shit,, into the garbage it went

ok, so your not stickin hash was a dry sift,, oh

so,, reading back a bit,, dry sift,, now,, my experience with settling and smoking the bucket dregs from my bubble bags and smoking it and near puking tells me one thing,,

your dry sift has this same material in it,, whatever turned my bucket dregs green and pukish will still be in your dry sift.

does that sound plausible?

I don’t have a 95m bag. At least I don’t think I do. I’ll dig around.

Oh yeah. @bobrown14 - what do you do with what’s left after sifting, if anything? You just do it all at 100m? When I made bubble hash there always seemed to be a lot of hash gathered at anything like 160m and below. Hmmm... I’m gonna go dig around in the bubble bag pile and see what I have....

when you have your little piles of wet hash just taken off the screen, do you shortly after that drive the stuff through a stainless screen sifter thingy,, break it all up for drying?

No I don’t do that I just let it dry on a plate.

Hmm yeah there’s a bit more plant matter in the dry sift I’ve been doing the last few months. But I think that’s mostly by choice as I have been kind of going for quantity over quality lately. As long as it’s good hash- I haven’t been going for great hash lately. Just a tangent - I’m kind of itching to do the ‘great hash’ thing again. It’s just that all my friends have been telling me my ‘
decent hash is ‘great’, so I've been lazy about fixing what isn’t broken....

As for it being something that would make me puke hmmm no. I’m just making the hash from buds and high-quality trim so there’s nothing in there to puke about even in the worst case ha ha. I have often let my leftover bubble hash water settle and agree that what fell out wasn’t worthwhile. If it doesn’t seem good and sticky - I just toss it.

I’m kind of itching to do the ‘great hash’ thing again. It’s just that all my friends have been telling me my ‘
decent hash is ‘great’, so I've been lazy about fixing what isn’t broken....

i gotta think you think the same as i do weaseley,, tho you are probly even more dedicated to this goal than i could ever be

especially now days when weed can be bot from fourteen stores within a couple of miles on the reserve on westside road,, now known as the 'green mile',, seriously,, more stores than one can believe, even one in a tent now maybe,,ha

i know i don't do it for kicks,, i have yet to grow 'ultimate',, gettin closer but not yet,, i seek perfection friend,, and i know you do too

it's the artist in us,, indeed..

cheers

Thanks. I don’t feel very dedicated. I do appreciate the good stuff - I just hope it finds a way to grow itself while I flail around doing other random things.
There’s some sort of dispensary nook here now, I think, in one of the bars or next to it. I keep forgetting about it. I keep forgetting about lots of things I guess, because every time I go to town, which is about once every ten days or so, I remember that everything’s gone weird out there. Then I get distracted by how uncomfortable it is to even be in town, and forget to go to the dispensary or whatever the place is. I expect it’s underwhelming though. I never was very attracted to anything produced by government. .

everything’s gone weird out there.
indeed,, can't make this stuff up

i know for me,, i make a real effort to eliminate the affects of all this from my life, least my thots,,

kinda/completely like i do the gov

i am not anti mask, but have yet to put one on, only cuz i go nowhere these days.

dentist visit in my future so a mask will be worn, soon enuf

fuggin mark knopfler(speling), he is amazing

fuggin mark knopfler(speling), he is amazing

One of the Greats. :headbanger: (and that's how you spell it, yup.)

I spent many a mile cruising down the freeway, listening to him.

Yeah he’s my favorite guitarist no question and has been for... holy crap.... it’s been over 40 years since sultans of swing came out. That amazing tone ❤️ Not to mention amazing singer and songwriter. I watched a video recently of him rambling on about guitar playing. Here.

Edit. Oh yeah- I should embarrass myself and tell a story about when I first started playing guitar when I was 16 , and read something in a magazine. Mark Knopfler talking about how he liked to dampen his strings when he played, for a better tone. I didn’t actually know what he meant by ‘dampening’ his strings but i went and got a wet towel and dampened my strings. It didn’t work for me. :rofl: I don’t tell that story much....

I have quite a few plants I need to harvest- none of them much to look at though. I dragged one of the PCs out last night but decided to just clean it up, put it back and let it cook a bit longer. This PC pheno is quite different from PC1 - more indica, spiky looking, smells strongly like cat piss. It’s not as good as the other PC- an interesting plant but never seems to be extra-special. I just haven’t quite gotten around to getting rid of it yet I guess.

This was an attempt to take a pic with the phone flash...

Back
Top Bottom