Weedian2112's 1st Grow Journal, 2019

Hiya Weedian. A Rush fan by any chance?

Plants are humming now. You’ll want to be tucking big fans out of the way to expose lower bud sites to the light. Keep tucking til the end of stretch. Pluck away after 21 days if you feel the need, but anything to shock them now may stall the stretch.

Cheers
:morenutes:

Hiya Weedian. A Rush fan by any chance?

Plants are humming now. You’ll want to be tucking big fans out of the way to expose lower bud sites to the light. Keep tucking til the end of stretch. Pluck away after 21 days if you feel the need, but anything to shock them now may stall the stretch.

Cheers
:morenutes:
Oh yeah. I was lucky enough to see them 20 times live between 1988 and that last tour.

As far as tucking the big fans, should I tie them out of the way, or just bend them to uncover the bud sites?

Just bend them it’s cool. They’ll bend back, but you only gotta persist another week or two. :yummy:
20 shows.. I take my hat off to that!
Thanks man! I’ll bend them out if the way and post some new photos to be sure I’m doing it right.

Also, at some point should I consider trimming away those big fans? I’ve read that trimming back heavily can increase yield.

Ah. You’re doing better than a lot of first timers. You certainly have better looking plants than I did at the same stage on my first grow. I felt like I was on a learning curve like a cliff face most of the way.
Since then having home grown meds has taken some of my anxiety out of subsequent grows ;)
You’ll be gold.

I felt like I was on a learning curve like a cliff face most of the way.

truer words have never been spoken. That first grow is quite the learning experience.

I always feel people flower is just a bonus on the first grow.

I’d say you’re killing it.

great job:cheer:
Thanks again.

I am going to do a couple things different with the next grow (I know I should worry about finishing this one first) like checking what shape the bag of soil is in before I bring it home - hydrophobic soil has been a huge pain in my ass - and I’ll try for a third plant as well, depending on how bug these girls get towards the end.

Man! Just got home and I had to move my light around a bit. My AG has put on two inches in a couple days and is at 21", and my LSD is right behind it at 19. These things are like rockets!

IMG_4982.jpg
IMG_4985.jpg

Also - fertilizer / nutrients for flowering.

These plants got a bit of fertilizer added when they got moved to the bigger pots. That was about 10 days ago. I have read that nutrient burn is a real thing and don't want to do anything bad to the plants now that they are kicking into high gear. But, should I consider the flowering specific fertilizer that I have, or give it a few more days?

While they are still stretching (and it sounds like they are!) keep’em on grow nutes. The higher nitrogen is helping.
At or after budset switch to bloom nutes then they can focus on the task at hand - flowers :p
That was a good question - one it took me a couple of grows to sort out. Good on ya.

While they are still stretching (and it sounds like they are!) keep’em on grow nutes. The higher nitrogen is helping.
At or after budset switch to bloom nutes then they can focus on the task at hand - flowers :p
That was a good question - one it took me a couple of grows to sort out. Good on ya.
Right on - I just pulled down the feeding schedule for Fox Farms - I have the trio pack of soil based nutes, but I hadn't used them since the plants seemed to be doing well with all the stuff from Spiked Soil.

May give them a bit of the trio tomorrow and see how the girls do. Thanks for the help DD!

Good advice from everyone :bravo:

Great journal Weedi! Plants look healthy. I wouldn't switch your nutes. Stick with what's working. That soil sounds hot and spiked with certain nutes so you don't want to throw the balance off. Add the bloom nutes once the stretch has stopped as DD mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom