QT's Second Grow - 1st Journal

re: QT's Second Grow - 1st Journal

Thanks guys, it's appreciated. Miss Bud I can't wait. One thing growing has taught me a lot.OMM, thank you sir. I have come a long way. Corey, you have a lot to do with my grow looking so damn good. Where would I be without you? I never imagined myself growing my own plants. I should've done this a long time ago.

Thanks guys, it's appreciated. Miss Bud I can't wait. One thing growing has taught me a lot.OMM, thank you sir. I have come a long way. Corey, you have a lot to do with my grow looking so damn good. Where would I be without you? I never imagined myself growing my own plants. I should've done this a long time ago.

You know? That was the same thing I thought when I started growing! All that time I wasted. :circle-of-love:

Cool, how tall can they be? Cause if she stays in veg, won't she just get taller?*

You bet she'll get taller! One of the clones I am going to use for a mother is 14 weeks old! She's going to need a walker by the time she gets to the flowering room.

What you should do to a plant that is going to be around for a while to be used as a mother, is to top it several times. That will keep it smaller and also give you more shoots to use as clones.

Mine has four colas and is getting to be a monster. What I intend to do when I clone her is to cut off each cola just above a node. I will take a fairly long cutting, so that the mother plant will be of a manageable size when I am done.

The clones will be very big, so after they root, they will almost be ready to go into the flowering room.

If the mother you plan to use hasn't been topped and she's getting too big to handle, cut off the main cola just above one of it's nodes. Usually when you top a plant, you cut the leaves just above the top node. There is no reason why you couldn't cut at a lower node. As long as there are at least three nodes left on the main stem, you can make the "topping" anywhere you like.

So you get the best of both worlds:
1) You get to top the plant to a reasonable size, and
2) You get a large sized clone to root.

So depending on how many clones you want from your mother plant, top her enough times to get them:

No topping (one cola) ===> one clone
One topping (two colas) ===> two clones

If you top each of the toppings after they have grown out, you will have four colas. If you top only one of the toppings, you will have three colas.

So basically, it's one cola per clone.

Of course, you don't have to use a cola to make a clone; it's just a convenient way to keep a mother plant to a reasonable size AND get large clones in the process.

If the clones are large enough, you can pop them into the flowering room, right after they root. (Although it's probably better to let them veg for a week or two to build up a stronger root system.)

Thanks Grant. I did top both my lemon skunk and big bang a few times already. Last time I measured them they were between 14-16 inches tall. And my one clone is at 20 inches. Plan on moving to flower when the other 3 finishes. I just hope it doesn't hermie, its mother did but I cut it before she hermied. Trying to get these plants harvested before I move so I will only have skunk and bang left.

IMG215.jpg
IMG214.jpg
IMG2131.jpg

Pics of cannavanna and miss budd after trimming.

Nice looking plants QueenTokelove,

one thing I have a problem with is that you have a bee in the pot with the one lady...

Bee's my dear, carry pollen... unless your trying to pollinate, your bringing bad jujus... LOL

just messing, but seriously get that bee out of there, im allergic. :rofl:

:peacetwo:

LOL ...that's Kharma's toy. Thought it would look cute for the pic. I think the plants have grown looking a little twisted. I hope I do as well when I start cloning the big bang and lemon skunk.

Well this is coming down to the wire. Gonna give nutes later. Then on Wednesday will flush. But I did decide to harvest the smallest plant. And quick dried her. When I checked trichs yesterday, they were mostly cloudy. Has since smoked two joints. It seems to be heady high that creeps up on ya. I decided to harvest because I really didn't think it was gonna do much else. It only had two small colas with bud running down the stems
Wet weight was only 20 g, dry 10. Small plant with a small yield.

Not to worry the others will go the nine weeks as planned.

Congrats on the 10 grams. More than I got on my second grow. Third time is the charm, on my third over 1 lb from one.:welldone::welldone::welldone:

Thanks Smokey. I actually thought I would be laughed at for such a small yield. I wish there was an average on what a plant will yield. I know its mentioned when you look under a strain' s characteristics. But the ones that are almost ready are all bag seed.

hahahahaha :rofl: 20 grams... hahahahaha thats more than I have in my pipe... let alone my nug jar... hahahahaha.......wait a minute? that's against me isn't it?

any yield is a good yield sista. 13 total grams from my very first harvest sista :thumb:

:peacetwo:

They look very beautiful Queen :welldone:!!:goodjob:

The hardest thing is dialling in environment imho, and now that you have the hang of things it's only going to get better just you wait:cheer::Namaste::high-five:

I bet that will be the tastiest 10 grams :love::love::circle-of-love:

Honestly real good job Queen:peace::high-five:, I will stick along forever!!:love::love::circle-of-love::cheer::Namaste:

Awww, thanks miss bud. That was sweet and means a lot to me. The bud was actually pretty good. After the quick dry I put it in my bug Jay. I did notice that it was an airy type of bud with really no smell after the smell of cat piss. I think I have really dialed in with this grow. I just need to get a few more things.

I pretty much have the basics down. I love working with coco so I am going to stick with that. After I move, I will put my focus on doing more cloning with the lemon skunk and big bang as mothers. My next journals will be with their clones and planting of big bud and blackjack. That's the plan and sticking with it.

Gave the ladies their last feeding of nutes
May give molasses later tonight or tomorrow. Flush on Wednesday or Thursday.

Gave MB and CV some calmag, been clipping off leaves still. Also some bud tasting of CV. Pretty good so far but i think i may leave her in flower for a extra week or two. Trich are getting more cloudy but i want some amber in there. MB's colas aren't really that big compared to CV but the smoke is awesome. Still hoping to see some amber in her too..will check trichs again over the weekend.

Sent from my LG-P505 using Forum Runner

Re: QT's Second Grow-1st journal/BPN Nutes

fertilzer burn bro and or bad water to air ratio use just water stay away from ocean forest fox farm use red bag castings foxfarm when usein seedlings or clones. spray ur soil with water before u use it thats all the water seedling needs for awhile u dont need to water straight in pot and try to use a small nursery pot or cups for seedlings. alot of dirt in big pots starv them of air

Definitely wrong since i am not a dude!!! But i can be ballsy!

Checked in on the ladies, they are doing fine. Going to give molasses later. Plan on harvesting MB by the end of the week. Jury is still out on CV. I don't know if i wanna just harvest the colas as i have heard some do since they're getting close to the light and let the rest go for a few more weeks. But i really need the room to put two more into flower before i move. Suggestions?

Have been trimming like crazy the past few days. gonna flush mb in a few. due to time, not going to give any dark period. trying to make room for the next group and harvest as many as i can before i move. trichs on cv are now more cloudy than clear. still trying for some amber with her but she has to the end of next week to show me something!

Plants on bpn improved formula still is showing some yellowing. had increased nutes but may have to increase again. will take pics on sunday when i harvest mb.

Well this journal is almost at an end. I flushed Miss Budd last night,plan on chopping tomorrow. Will give wet weight and pics tomorrow. I plan on giving CannaVanna another week. Checked trichs, they are getting more cloudy but still some clear left in there. I wish i could give them more time but am on a deadline with moving.

I gave CannaVanna some calmag today. Been trimming off a few side buds sampling. Its a nice heady high that really puts me in the mood to clean. Has anyone experienced this?

Once these journals i have going are completed, i will wait til after i move to start journaling again. My next one will be about the clones that i will get started from my lemon skunk and big bang. I will also be starting a grow featuring big bud and blackjack fem beans.

So I thank all of you, those who followed along without commenting, i hope it was a decent read. Those who left comments and advice, gratitude, i couldn't have come as far as i did without you. But don't check out just yet, just getting the thanks and appreciation out the way.

Back
Top Bottom