WheelOFortune's - first turn

update:

i have nutes, i borrowed a maeter again since my new meters aren't here till next week

back to good old fox farms. plus i got some flora kleen by GH. its a flush, in case i have some salt lock somehow.

ok, flushed it for 2 hours with flora kleen. got the res all dialed in with fox farms, 5.6 ph 1300ppm. tiger bloom, big bloom and beastie bloomz. little bit of superthrive.

keeping my fingers crossed this solves my nute lock.

ok, flushed it for 2 hours with flora kleen. got the res all dialed in with fox farms, 5.6 ph 1300ppm. tiger bloom, big bloom and beastie bloomz. little bit of superthrive.

keeping my fingers crossed this solves my nute lock.

Sound good.:cool:

Good luck.:peace:

Let's all get out to VOTE in the 420 Contest's Here

Pan4

Wheelman, I grow with water, and don't like dirt. Hydro store guy gave me a little bottle SuperThrive. A little dab'l do ya, right? Instant Message I get in yellow, no mas! SuperThrive is enzymes, that attack organic stuff to break em down. To salts, mostly. Dirt guys prolly like the stuff cause they put crap in the dirt. Organic, complex bat poop ect. The only organic stuff that your hydro sol. saw were roots. Nutes are salts. If I was operating your pretty wheel, I'd flush RO steady couple hours. Then half strength at 6 Ph. I would nutrigate constant when lights on. Roots wont drown in RW that drains 90% time. I want to see pics of lush, green, happy plants. Bustin out! I don't use elect Ph meter, so shouldn't say 6. I use PROtm color react drops and go for orange touch o green. Just that 5.6 seems extreme. Might be best but a little higher I think is peak of bell curve. My best advice could bring bad, but I hope for the best for you and all. Good luck.

thanks pan and prop.

prop, my nutes are all organic (fox farm), i think it tastes better in the end, just my opinion. i have a hydro feeding scale tha comes with the nutes that says ph 5.5-6.3, and ppm= 1300-1450, for this week (3rd week.).

I'm no nute expert, so ill just follow the manufacturers recommendation.

also the reason you wouldn't want to water constantly with this system is that the cubes might start to drip a bit if you keep soaking them every turn. . . although i gave them lots of water yesterday to flush, and didn't get any out of control dripping.

upon closer (non-stoned) inspection, i guess fox farms says 5.8-6.3 so ill raise it a bit. i hate adding ph up and ph down in the same res. seems counter productive.

also i have my 150gph pump chilling in the res, and on 24 hours, to mix it and keep the big bloom from settling.

Im getting nervous maxx, my tallest strawberries are about 13" already, they better slow down hard soon.

upon closer (non-stoned) inspection, i guess fox farms says 5.8-6.3 so ill raise it a bit. i hate adding ph up and ph down in the same res. seems counter productive.

also i have my 150gph pump chilling in the res, and on 24 hours, to mix it and keep the big bloom from settling.

Im getting nervous maxx, my tallest strawberries are about 13" already, they better slow down hard soon.

What do you have in the res with the pump?

How many days are you into 12/12? How many days did you veg for?

Have you hit em with Bushmaster?

Cheers,
Maxx

What's up fellas,

I've been out of touch, but I'm impressed with all the progress on this forum. Maxximus and WOF have all but convinced me to purchase a volksgarden. $2000.00 is a lot of dough-re-mi, but it looks like the most efficient way to get at least a pound of frosty rock-hard bud to ease my migraines and send me into the stratosphere. All this with one 600 watt bulb and a 25 gallon reservoir? Holy Shit, indeed.

As soon as WOF is finished and I can inspect his crop first-hand, I'll be placing my order.

I do have 2 600 watt ballasts, though. I might have to use both of them. Why bake my meds with just one? I've got a six-inch 450CFM vortex fan. Should be enough to cool 1200 watts...

what do you mean what do i have in the res with the pump?

i went to 12/12 on the 24th so easter is 18 days.
when my volks got here, i just started moving clones from my cloner to my wheel as roots showed so the plants farthest from where they go in are the oldest, working thier way towards the where you put them in which are the youngest. but i did shift around 4 of the rows to get all strawberry cough in two rows and all holy shit in two rows to see how much space they take up in the wheel.

from the time i put the first plant in to the time that the last clone went in was 7 days. so some of these vegged 7 days. the ones in the middle are however, the largest not the ones on the end. i think this is because they get the best light. that will change when i get another bulb. the ones closest to where they go in ( the least vegged) are small, almost no veritcal growth what so ever. . . some of the strawberry cough in the middle are getting very big (13") but most of them are looking like they will stop their vert growth in time to sit a few inches or more away from the cool tube.

i think 3 days veg would have been good for the srawberry cough. every plant now has a small dense hairy ball on the meristem. . . i wish i could fast forward 4 weeks. lol.

no bushmaster yet, im worried about doing it when i have a nute problem.

hey maxx,

i just smoked and this may be a bad idea, but what if i wait untill the tall ones are on the sides (parallel to the ground) and stop the wheel for like an hour or two.

then all the tall SC's will turn up against gravity, and when i turn the wheel back on, they'll keep growing tangent to the bulb, problem solved. wha do you think?:ganjamon::ganjamon:

what do you mean what do i have in the res with the pump?

i went to 12/12 on the 24th so easter is 18 days.
when my volks got here, i just started moving clones from my cloner to my wheel as roots showed so the plants farthest from where they go in are the oldest, working thier way towards the where you put them in which are the youngest. but i did shift around 4 of the rows to get all strawberry cough in two rows and all holy shit in two rows to see how much space they take up in the wheel.

from the time i put the first plant in to the time that the last clone went in was 7 days. so some of these vegged 7 days. the ones in the middle are however, the largest not the ones on the end. i think this is because they get the best light. that will change when i get another bulb. the ones closest to where they go in ( the least vegged) are small, almost no veritcal growth what so ever. . . some of the strawberry cough in the middle are getting very big (13") but most of them are looking like they will stop their vert growth in time to sit a few inches or more away from the cool tube.

i think 3 days veg would have been good for the srawberry cough. every plant now has a small dense hairy ball on the meristem. . . i wish i could fast forward 4 weeks. lol.

no bushmaster yet, im worried about doing it when i have a nute problem.

WOF

When I asked about what else you had in the res with the pump, I was wondering what you had in there that you were using to cool your res. A friend of mind made the mistake of using a coil that was not stainless in his res, and was on the fast track to killing all of his plants. It was happening fast and he told me that he didn't change anything, but I kept on him that he must have done something, and he finally clicked to that fact that this was "all he had changed" and bingo.

Cheers,
Maxx

hey maxx,

i just smoked and this may be a bad idea, but what if i wait untill the tall ones are on the sides (parallel to the ground) and stop the wheel for like an hour or two.

then all the tall SC's will turn up against gravity, and when i turn the wheel back on, they'll keep growing tangent to the bulb, problem solved. wha do you think?:ganjamon::ganjamon:

Hey WOF,

That would be a good trick if you are able to pull it off to get what you want there. I never thought of it, but your situation is unique.

Cheers,
Maxx

maxx, i changed my mind about the bending, i can still do it later if i want, but if i do i'll just take out the ones i want to ben and lay them on their side for a couple of hours. i think i can stop vertical growth at any stage by doing this.

for now, i have rearranged them all so that the biggest ones are on the outside and the smallest in the middle. i do this thinking that the middle must get the best light, thats why the middle ones are the biggest. moving them might let the smaller ones catch up a bit. also the cool tube is much cooler towards the outsides, so this will keep them a bit cooler.

my room only gets up to 72-75 degrees so i dont think that the res is too hot. it gets down to 60 at night and the res should sit somewhere between the high and the low in relative equilibrium. i know the pump adds heat, but the airstone should cool it so. . .

i dont have a thermometer right now, but my meters get here tues. ill check then.

untill then i will leave you with some pics.

2009-04-12-115454.jpg

2009-04-12-115509.jpg

2009-04-12-115534.jpg

here is some size comparison, i didnt realize untill today how easy it is to remove and replace them, although the holyshit is harder because it doesn't grow straight, it zig-zags.

these are all strawberry

2009-04-12-112417.jpg

2009-04-12-112433.jpg

2009-04-12-113517.jpg

and here are some good starts to beastly colas, hopefully.
this is a big holy shit. 12" tall.

2009-04-12-113630.jpg

not a bad start for 18 full days.

2009-04-12-113702.jpg

enjoy guys, happy easter if thats your cup of tea.

You guys ever think about using a MH for the stretch and for the last week (or two) in those things?

while of course. lol.

tor, maxx is using 600hps 400 mh,

when i buy another quantum 600 i might try a mh in it. i like the mixed spectrum, i mixed when i grew DWC.

Back
Top Bottom