Just for the record - That's not true. A clone will be an exact copy of it's mother. Potency may vary depending on your method of growing, but it has nothing to do with "stepping down that potency every time you clone" That's not very scientific

All this clone weed feels and smokes fake. Stepping down that potency every time you clone. Seed weed man seed weed!

Did you sponsor anyone on the North Pole yet? The Devil would love to nuke the hell out of.....

The Devil realizes he may be a little late to get a sponsorship. Should have been as quick as you my friend PlantWrestler. But no tears over shedded oppurtinities. More always comes along. Anyway - I think the nukes would look great in on of my spaces

420-magazine-mobile161304170.jpg

This all seems super gnarly, love what you people are try8ng to do and promote I plan on ordering some asap:)) will be checking ou5 5he website momentarily and do you do freebies on decent sized orders or!?

I know that term because I studied natural sciences. It is about genetic variation in clones over time. Researchers have seen this happening, but they could not determine why. There are however no studies out there showing a reduction of THC in clones of cannabis plants over generations - At least not to my knowledge.

Think about all the clone only strains out there

Don't get me wrong - it's an interesting subject. Interesting article on the subject here :)

'Where these new mutations actually come from is still a mystery,' said Professor Harberd. 'They may arise during the regeneration process itself or during the cell divisions in the donor plant that gave rise to the root cells from which the regenerant plants are created. We are planning further research to find out which of these two processes is responsible for these mutations. What we can say is that Nature has safely been employing what you might call a 'cloning' process in plants for millions of years, and that there must be good evolutionary reasons why these mutations are introduced.'

Pardon Our Interruption

Nature is a wonderful thing. Makes me want to keep the lineage of a strain going from clone to clone of that clone, to clone of the clone of that clone, and keep on going for multiple 'generations' in the same medium (easy to do in organic soil) and test the THC levels from generation to generation. Of course to really truly test this theory, you would need to do it for multiple strains. Perhaps some day when I have a set up that I want, I can run that sort of test.

It would be an excellent experiment, have to keep everything exactly the same as far as growing environment, nutrient schedule, temps, RH, etc but with an automated setup, this would be a great way to see. Only thing I could imagine that would change the thc levels would be different environment or maybe age of the plant in question. Van I'm looking forward to your sponsored grow! Please drop by mine with a link so we can all network from journal to journal.

It would be an excellent experiment, have to keep everything exactly the same as far as growing environment, nutrient schedule, temps, RH, etc but with an automated setup, this would be a great way to see. Only thing I could imagine that would change the thc levels would be different environment or maybe age of the plant in question. Van I'm looking forward to your sponsored grow! Please drop by mine with a link so we can all network from journal to journal.

Yeah I think it would be a great experiment to run.....you would need to run a few strains (perhaps a couple sativas, a couple indicas and couple hybrids) and run them for at least 10-15 clones from clones cycles and keep everything as similar in the grow environment as possible. I am also wondering what impact taking the clone from a flowering plant vs a veg plant would have.

I believe they call it monster cropping? I could be wrong but it will re-veg with bizarre growth and they usually end up being absolute beasts! I know the closer to the bottom of the plant the clone is taken from, the quicker it should root. I took a clone during flower of the mutant but none of the clones grew to maturity because of the security scare we had. Lost a dirty dozen plants .

Well I can speak to this at least from one strain. When I cloned from the last grow, I took a few clones during veg but didn't have great luck so I took several more from the same plants when they were in flower in case the ones I took during veg didn't make it. I can tell you that the ATF that I took in flower had an insane number of 'shoots' that popped up as soon as the new growth started developing. Definitely a lot more 'tops' than the one taken in veg. It looked like a forest in the ones taken from flower. Only time will tell on the final results. I have a plant taken from veg from the same plant as several clones taken in flower. They are all being grown in the same environment and same medium so I will run some THC test on them and find if there is any difference. I am not sure that there will be any difference between veg clones and flower clones from the same parent plant as it relates to THC.

I have a strain I kept for quite a while. But never did any tests. The potency feels the same every time though and in most cases a clone will in fact be identical to it's mother

Nature is a wonderful thing. Makes me want to keep the lineage of a strain going from clone to clone of that clone, to clone of the clone of that clone, and keep on going for multiple 'generations' in the same medium (easy to do in organic soil) and test the THC levels from generation to generation. Of course to really truly test this theory, you would need to do it for multiple strains. Perhaps some day when I have a set up that I want, I can run that sort of test.

Re-vegging is very fun, but it is probably very hard on the plant. Can imagine if mutations were to happen this would be when. Have done re-vegg many times and never had any problems though.

I believe they call it monster cropping? I could be wrong but it will re-veg with bizarre growth and they usually end up being absolute beasts! I know the closer to the bottom of the plant the clone is taken from, the quicker it should root. I took a clone during flower of the mutant but none of the clones grew to maturity because of the security scare we had. Lost a dirty dozen plants .

I have a strain I kept for quite a while. But never did any tests. The potency feels the same every time though and in most cases a clone will in fact be identical to it's mother

Thats kind of what I figure....but l love running experiments and proving or disproving hypothesis (what the hell is the plural for hypothesis).

Yep. And after you are done, the results need to be replicated in a second lab by a different person. When that's done it's proven and scientific. Media keep posting results from studies as if they were real science, never mentioning the results have never been replicated by independent scientists. What I do know is that much more research needs to be done on both this subject and cannabis specific aspects in general as well

Back
Top Bottom