I love that freelance idea @NukeHeads. But as u mentioned, there will be those who find a way to spoil it for everyone else. It's a great idea. just need a bit more feedback n discussion maybe to minimize the fraud side of things. Hopefully by next grow there will be some journal on your strains too. Hoping to try one or two on my next. ✌

So if some catastrophe befell you and you lost that particular strain's mothers/seeds... you're basically just f*cked, huh? Err... I mean... you'll get to spend the next n years growing/crossing/backcrossing/rinse/lather/repeat, hoping to hit upon the combination and generation again, I guess? Admittedly, you might get lucky in round one (if so, watch out for random lightning strikes at the exact moment they happen to draw your winning Powerball numbers, because having both events occur at the same time is probably about as likely ;) ) - or, who knows, you might end up with something even better. But it seems likely that you'd be setting yourself up for a lot of effort/time/expense that a little bit of record-keeping could at least slightly ameliorate.

Even with the record keeping it would take another 13 years !

In weed related news, we will be starting the NukeHead Sponsored grow soon!
420-magazine-mobile991455205.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1975558246.jpg

Nuke juice hydroponic nutes is all we're gonna use, plus bennies.

Hey, have you got those little boxes available in wood? I'm not a big fan of plastic (unless it's made from something like natural plant cellulose, I suppose). And how big can you make them? Can you do a 50-place container? And, if so, do you sell them separately or would I have to buy some of your seeds to get it?

I really don't need any more seeds right now, lol. But I've been thinking - after I screwed up and forgot that I'd dropped a jar full of seed packets into a box that was on its way to my hot attic - that it might be nice to have something that holds those little Eppendorf(?) 1.5 to 5 ml vials, that I could make a permanent space in the refrigerator for. I can get a cheap rack from the same place that sells the vials (and probably will, because money is an issue). But I just thought I'd ask, because I think a nice wooden box, something you can see lots of neat grain effects in, maybe "scorched" a bit, then finished with something clear, shiny, and durable might be nice to have "for the ages," if it was something I could afford. I wouldn't even care about the custom labeling; around here, we call that evidence, ;) .

IDK of anyone selling something like I've just described. Which is kind of sad, because I'd guess that "a few" people would be interested in owning such a box. Especially if you could figure out a way to make it reasonably airtight (maybe a gasket?). It seems like, after a while, everyone ends up with a seed or two of at least a few strains. I seem to have well over 30 at the moment, due in large part to the kindness of a good friend. Many will be given away to others, but that'll take time. And I'll be keeping some around, of course.

BtW, at one point a few years ago, I noticed that someone was keeping track of the grow journals that were using a sponsor's products. Nothing fancy, just a list of links. I don't remember if this was in a thread, someone's .SIG, or... I think it might have been something they did with their forum "blog" posts. It's not something I feel like doing, to be honest, because I have no dog in this particular hunt (and, therefore, would probably end up getting behind on the upkeep of it), But if anyone who's growing your seeds, using your nutrients, or both cares to do such a thing, I'd be likely to check it from time to time so that I could easily glance at the various journals now and then. If not, it's no big deal. I assume that more people will end up posting links to their journals in this thread, as time moves on and more of our members begin using your products.

Jesus Christ, I just went and looked at the seeds on your site and they are between 15 and 30 bucks for 1 seed? 28 for 1 grape ape seed? That's pretty steep for a seed company that is not well established.. I'm assuming they are feminized.. but what if they don't germinate or are male? Is there some kind of insurance or replacement policy? He'll Dynasty is not even that expensive.. I might would try 1 or 2 seeds from there but not until I see at least 1 person grow them out

Hey Bro, I hear ya Justwannagrow. I too looked and am a little worried as you plus the price. Yeh it's steep. I would try one from them and post their product also. But being not very established I don't know. The one brother is pretty lucky to get all their stuff and try it. I hope NukeHeads read these threads!

Those boxes are 3D printed so you're not going to get one in wood. GrowchyzGardenOfGreen do those nutes have a bar code you can take a photo of?

Back
Top Bottom