White Russian soil grow from seeds

You asked about the feeding at day 3. Yes, mix the sea tea with the fish emulsion and foliar feed at half strength dilution. Also give the area around the roots a little spray as well. The roots are only tiny so you don't need much.
When you judge your feeding regimen in the early days, remember that the plant does not have a big root system, so don't overdo the watering or ferts. I think I used the spray bottle for the first week and a half. That's all the plants needed at that earl stage. Remember, less is more.

Thanks so much for the rep points *****. I am having a great time with this too. So yesterday I only gave sea tea, dont think it will hurt anything, so I will start giving the fish fert tomorrow with the sea tea. So the next watering will probably be tomorrow or the next day, should I give the same dilution solution to the roots that I am foliar feeding them? Should I skip the foliar feeding for that day since I am watering with the nutes too.

Ok, so here is a picture update. These were yesterday, when the plants were at 18 days.

DSC00436rv.jpg

The light set-up, and how far it is away from the plants, about 30 inches right now.

DSC00437rev.jpg

Another group shot

DSC00438rev.jpg

Baby #1

DSC00439rev.jpg

Baby#2, one of the healthiest

DSC00440plant3.jpg

#3. I think this one is growing out of its spots, its wierd cause it looks like nute burn but it showed up before I started foliar feeding and it looks like it is getting beter.

DSC00441plant4.jpg

#4, another good looking one

DSC00442plant5.jpg

#5, definately looks the worst, those first leaves broke in half cause they were so dry...Hopefully it will pull out of it.

DSC00443plant6.jpg

Plant #6, the one that came up with the seed still on it that I had to pull off myself. After a while with no growth it looks to finally be growing again. Maybe its the sea tea...or the light.

DSC00444plant7.jpg

#7, has some spots but looks like it is growing out of it.

DSC00445plant8.jpg

Plant 8, looking right.

DSC00446plant9.jpg

#9. This one is my favorite along with #2. Hopefully one is a female so I can keep it for my mother.

DSC00447plant10.jpg

#10, looks good to me.

DSC00448rev.jpg

Basically my only veg nutes...thanks *****!

Ok, so as you can tell, they are growing but not nearly as fast as Beensmokin420's or Spencij's seedlings did. At least they are looking healthy...at least I think. Tell me your input guys. Peace, im out. Later.

Looks great! The closet is a nice streamline set-up, I'm jealous! I didnt know you had an aircooled hood, SWEET DUDE! Your temps should be just fine.

How old are the plants in the pics? 18 days? They seem very small for over 2 weeks of growth, in fact, I started 4 new bagseeds and the oldest is 10 days old and it has 4 fully developed internodes. :hmmmm:

Yeah, see that is what I was wondering. I hope I didnt get bad seeds or something, and I also hope they wont grow this slow the whole time. They should speed up once the roots get bigger im guessing. Maybe I wasnt giving them enough light at first. Who knows. At least they are growing. Maybe the fish fert I give them tomorrow in the watering will help some. I dont know what the deal is though. They are at 18 days in the pic.

BTW, Im jealous of your plants so its ok.

Dont be jealous, you have better conditions than I do! :laughtwo: With that 1000watter you should easily be able to grow some top notch chronic. You got all the right stuff and great genetics plus all the help you need, hehe. :cheesygrinsmiley: I have confidence in ya, those lil babies are gonna take off sooner than later bro, like I said before they have everything they need and then some so I think you'll be just fine. :peace:

Sounds good I got a pic I took of my fans and how they are set-up pending approval, would you mind if I posted the pic or the gallery link here to show you exactly what I mean? If not its cool I can understand how you would want this to stay focused on your grow. Peace

I was gonna post that pic but I see that you have an air-cooled hood which means no need for fans. :bongrip:

Yeah, i figure that they are just going to blow up one day. I saw your photo already, i saw it in your gallery. I do have a big fan sitting right outside the closet door blowing outside air in, going in between the space between the top of the seedlings and the bottom of the light. Its still 86 in there right now and my a/c is on 73...its just hot as shit outside right now durning the day and i guess my insulation isnt to good. And they have only been under the 1000W since Saturday, i see them starting to grow a little more now. Before that I was trying to fit 10 under a 125 W, you had 4, so Im sure you had them right under the light. I had to rely on some reflections to iluminate my plants really well, thats why I added the 2 floro tubes for a couple of days, but they probably still werent getting light like yours were. I think that was really the problem. Cant wait till tomorrow when I will water with sea tea and fish emulsion, hopefully that will help. Ill post pics probably again on Friday unless im bored 1 day. Later guys.:allgood:

Sounds like a plan dude, they could just be heavy feeders. I think i might start cloning the bagseed I got growing now It grew so fast and so bushy, coolest plant i've grown yet, so far that is :cheesygrinsmiley: I made a new journal for the grow.

If all else fails and they dont wanna grow I would throw all the fluoros in there and see if that helps..... And if it doesn't, then there might be something wrong w/ the seeds your recieved.

I'm no expert by far... but I would say that your light needs to be closer. All I know is I kept my light as close as possible w/o causing burns... usually between 14"-16" as long as I could keep the heat down. I'll def be watching. What kinda 1000w do you have? :allgood:

Moose, I live by the K.I.S.S. method....

What about the P's??? ever heard of em'?
Piss Poor Planning Produces Piss Poor Production.... :laughtwo:

i know if i drop it to 16 inches the temp will get over 90 im sure. I wouldnt want to do that right. i have a Hortilux-Blue Daylight bulb. It emitts 80,000 lumens, so at 24 inches the plants are still getting 20,000 lumens, thats plenty too have great growth. Bs420's floro probably doesent emmit 20,000 lumens itself. ill drop it a little more and we will see what the temps do.

Yeah, tomorrow I am going to make the watering solution with just 1/2 tsp fish fert and 7 and a 1/2 mL of the sea kelp extract. Should I foliar feed tomorrow too or skip it for a day since I am watering with it? BTW, the highest temp I had while I was at work was 86F so I think it will be ok with the light 18 inches away. Plus they look like they are really starting to grow more.

You know matey. I would be inclined to use the sea tea only for the first couple of waters. Your medium has plenty of nutrients as is, and the sea tea will help facilitate strong root growth (for nute uptake) and buffer against the high ferts in the medium. Things seem slow at first, and I know you feel like you have to do something, but let nature take it's course over the next few weeks without minimal assistance from additives. I only went to strong ferts at the end of week 2. The roots were bigger then, and more able to uptake the extra ferts.

I thought about that too. Ill only give sea tea this watering, since you said dont give more than 20% dilution, which is 18.9 mL for a gallon, im gonna give 10mL and then if all goes well ill do 15 mL the next and work my way up. So I should give the sea tea and fish fert by foliar since I have already done 2 sea tea foliar's? Or should I wait a little longer. I would just give a little fish fert to the mix, just to see what the reaction is. I really think things will start to go well after the first sea tea watering, since they already look happier under the 1000W. Im excited to see the pics that I take on Thursday for the week 3 update. Im tired. Probably going to watch a movie and pass out. U know ill be in soon. :allgood:

Back
Top Bottom