White Russian soil grow from seeds

lookin better berry, try to let them dry out fully before giving em some more water..

giving your plants something like superthrive or another plant stimulant and they will bounce back very quickly..my seedlings were looking like yours but from heat stress and lack of water instead, used my stimulant and now they are looking lush..

transplant those suckers before flowering, you dont want to disrupt the flowering stage at all and its a pain in the butt to transplant such a big plant at that stage..
keep it up bro...
peace

I try to let the soil dry out before I watered the last time. I find every third day is about right cause under the 1000W the water evaporates fast...Also we are on the same page with the superthrive, i used three drops per gallon the last watering and will probably do the same for the next too. I was thinking that transplanting during flowering was a bad idea...should I get 1 bag ocean forest and one bag light warrior and mix them so the soil wont be as fertilized so I can start heavy nutes after a week or 2 of flowering. I can just tell that these girls are abut to blow up. Thanks for the answers.

Take a cutting from the lower limbs and put it in some rooting gel and get it to start growing. Then imediately put it under 12/12 light while leaving your main plants under 18/6. This way you tell if they're female cause they have the same genes. If the clone comes out male, pull the father. That way you don't have to wory about transplanting and pre sexing at the same time.

Take a cutting from the lower limbs and put it in some rooting gel and get it to start growing. Then imediately put it under 12/12 light while leaving your main plants under 18/6. This way you tell if they're female cause they have the same genes. If the clone comes out male, pull the father. That way you don't have to wory about transplanting and pre sexing at the same time.

Yes, good idea but I dont think it will work for me. You see how big the plants are now. Id say maybe three weeks and they will all have clone sites. So say I take clones like you say and root em and put them straight under 12/12. So thats 3 weeks till I can clone, then 2 weeks for the clones to root and then 2 weeks for sex to show. Thats about 7 weeks from now, i would have to transplant the other plants by then anyway so there is really no point...id just be wasting my time and electricity. Plus I want to keep a male so I can cross. This is what I am going to do though. Im gonna take a clone from each plant right before I flower it. That way, by the time the clones are rooted I will already know which ones to throw out. Then I can keep the female clones(numbered of course) and grow them all into mothers and then when its harvest time I can just keep the mother from the phenotype that I like the most...or 2 mothers, or 3. Im not really sure yet when I am going to transplant them but definately at least a week before flowering so they can get newly acquainted before I start adding nutes. I plan on going 1/2 and 1/2 Ocean Forest and Light Warrior soil. Sound good??

A tip if you are using foxfarm. Make the top 2cm a seed raising mix from your local garden centre. Works a treat to buffer the high early ferts. Only apply sea tea.
You can tell how hot your foxfarm soil is quite easily. Just over water with water a little and collect the wash through. Take it to your local hydro store or post it, and get them to check the EC (electrical conductivity) and the TDS (total dissolved solids). Anything above 1900ppm TDS or 1.9 EC is hot.
Seedlings require a ppm of 1200 or EC 1.2
You will be amazed at the results.
I over water my medium in the pots outside the first time and allow a little wash through to dilute the medium.
See how you go. No more food for a while. Your medium is still hot.

Oops, forgot. I would only give sea tea for the next week and see how it goes. I know you are just itching to do some thing, but the plant will take up the nutrients it needs from the existing medium. There is nothing you can do to speed that process. I would expect that the medium is so rich, you will never need to add additional ferts until you flower. In fact, I would highly recommend that. Patience is so hard when we watch our babies, but we have to be or we kill them with love. Paradox eh!

A tip if you are using foxfarm. Make the top 2cm a seed raising mix from your local garden centre. Works a treat to buffer the high early ferts. Only apply sea tea.
You can tell how hot your foxfarm soil is quite easily. Just over water with water a little and collect the wash through. Take it to your local hydro store or post it, and get them to check the EC (electrical conductivity) and the TDS (total dissolved solids). Anything above 1900ppm TDS or 1.9 EC is hot.
Seedlings require a ppm of 1200 or EC 1.2
You will be amazed at the results.
I over water my medium in the pots outside the first time and allow a little wash through to dilute the medium.
See how you go. No more food for a while. Your medium is still hot.

Moose, i dont know if you missed it in the journal or are just too stoned to remember but I transplanted my seedlings out of the fox farm nutrients for now. They are now sitting in plain potting soil from the grow store and they told me it has no nutrients in it. There is also some pertilite added and other stuff. So I dont think that the soil they are in now is "hot." I hope to get a EC and TDS meter very soon, but maybe I will make the drive to the store after my next watering to check it out. Things are looking great with the white russian, the one I transplanted first just showed its first set of 5 fan blade leafs, and #2 is short and bushy and already starting side chutes. They are definately getting plenty of light and the new nodes are tight!

As for the 2 blueberrys that I am using for clones, both of them still have spider mites. They are very little and just on the bottom leaves(the ones that were on the original mother). I spray with neem oil every other day and they have not been able to reproduce. I am about to take pics, 1 of the blue's is alot taller than the other and growing much faster. The shorter one is getting spots on the leaves but I dont think its the mites, and the spots are starting to happen to the bigger one too. They are in 1/2 and 1/2 Ocean Forest and Non nute potting soil, have been for 10 days and I have not given any nutes except fish ferts and sea tea 5 days after the new soil transplant. I know you cant help till you see the pics but ill get em on here.
Peace! :allgood:

Also, sorry the journal is so long with minimal growth!! Things are speeding up I promise!

Picture Update!!

First the Blueberry's...

DSC00503rev.jpg

One of the lower leaves of the one on the left...look like nutes or pests??

DSC00504rev.jpg

The taller one on the right

DSC00505rev.jpg

The shorter one on the left

DSC00506rev.jpg

Both of em together

Now some White Russians...

DSC00507rev6.jpg

#6, the one I transplanted first...i think

DSC00508rev2.jpg

Precious #2

DSC00509rev2_1.jpg

Side shot of #2 showing the side chutes...

DSC00510rev3.jpg

And last but not least #3. Thats all I took. The last pics I took before today were on 9/11 so i will take another comparison shot on 9/18. Im sure they will look much nicer by then.

Im out for now...Peace!

I am actually enjoying this journal best. Your seeing classic problems most growers go through at 1 time or another and its really fun to watch a person learn to correct and improve his growing.
Watching you grow Berry is like a reflection of when I first started. Trust me, it gets easier and the yeilds just keep getting bigger.
GO BERRY! GO BERRY! GROW BERRY!
BOOYA, too much hash.
I really appreciate your journals Berry. I arted your thread excellent.

OK, for some reason now my leaves are getting spots on them. Thinking it might be a nute deficiency since the soil has no nutes and I am only watering with water and superthrive. I wont mess with anything till I post more pics on tuesday and see if they are getting worse. Someone said on here that white russian is hard to grow but I had no idea it would be this hard. Im having fun though!

Back
Top Bottom