White Russian soil grow from seeds

Yepper, but only use a spray bottle to apply it to the base of the plant. You probably only need to give it 125ml. The roots are still only tiny so it don't need much. Remember the medium is rich. Let Mother Nature take over for a few days. Growth seems terribly slow at this stage, but the plant is growing roots and they have to be nutured. Less is best still at this stage.

so spray the base of the plant and then water with water over it, or water with water then spray the base?
I gotta go take a test now but when I get back I am going to take a pic of the affected leafs. What would cause most of the plants to get the same thing at the same time. I say this because the #5 plant that I transplanted a few days earlier has shown it earlier and the others are following. It kind of looks like nute burn but I havent given any!!

Ok so here we go with the picture update. First I am going to start with the pictures of what is going on with the leaves to see if anyone can let me know whats up. Then I will do a comparison shot of the plants..the picture on the top will be the pic taken 9/11 and the one on the bottom of the same plant on 9/18.

DSC00521rev.jpg

DSC00522rev.jpg

This is plant #5, the early transplant...this is what the bottom leaves look like...see how they are curling upwards...

DSC00523rev.jpg

DSC00525rev.jpg

Im not sure the # of these 2 plants but its the same thing that happened to #5, just in an earlier stage.

Now for the comparison pics...

DSC00492rev1.jpg

DSC00511rev1.jpg

DSC00493rev2.jpg

DSC00512rev2.jpg

DSC00494rev3.jpg

DSC00513rev3.jpg

DSC00495rev4.jpg

DSC00514rev4.jpg

DSC00496rev5.jpg

DSC00515rev5.jpg

#5. You can see the problem on the leaves starting at the tips on the bigger 5 blade leaves. This is why I think it is a nutrient problem and not a pest problem.

DSC00497rev6.jpg

DSC00516rev6.jpg

DSC00498rev7.jpg

DSC00517rev7.jpg

#7 You can see the problem pretty good on this one.

DSC00499rev8.jpg

DSC00518rev8.jpg

DSC00500rev9.jpg

DSC00519rev9.jpg

DSC00501rev10.jpg

DSC00520rev10.jpg

Good growth i think over the past week, ill probably start keeping a height log soon. Planning to flower around 12 inches...good idea? I want to make sure I can get a clone off of each one first. Damn that was alot of cutting and pasting photos. Im spent. Ill holla later!:allgood:

Those damage leaves at the bottom will die, remember that your plants have been through a rough time period. So recovery is slow cause of the size of your roots compared to the canopy. So don't worry about the older growth at the bottom. Leaves have the ability to grow but not regenerate, this is normal. When those plants reach your 5 inch mark it should be time for you too start using a mild fert at 1/4 strengh. See how the leaves are becoming a lighter color? Remember to wet the soil first before watering with nutes to help prevent root burn. This means water the plants first with plain water then water with the nute mix water.

Ok, so the leaves are getting worse...i am definately thinking nute burn, it looks like the plants I used to have. I am taking cuttings from the 2 blueberrys today and then cutting them down. I also went to the grow store today and got some fox farm ocean forrest and light warrior soil. I am going to mix the two bags together and then transplant the babies to 3 gallon pots. I was thinking about flushing them before I transplanted but I figure they will bet plenty of plain water when I transplant and wet the soil down. After that I still wont give any nutes assuming that there is enough in the soil for now. I did get FF Grow Big just for whenever I need to start using it.
That does it for now...oh yeah, i also took some pictures of the worst leaves so you guys can help me identify it. Thanks...peace :allgood: :robgriffin:

This saddens me greatly... I'm not sure what it is though Possibly nute burn? :hmmmm:

What have you fed them lately?

I personally find that when you encounter a deficiency, in a soil grow, its best to wait a few days to see if it will spread to any other growth. Usually if it isn't major the plant's new growth will be unphased and you can simply clip off the infected leaves and what not. I mean no disrespect to ya at all berry, your my bro but I think that you are rushing this just a bit. Your super eager which is good but you have to learn a bit more patience. I think your trying to do to much to your babies at once. Like I said, no disrespect at all, I just would hate to see those lil ones not make it b/c they were over-done, they are very pricey im sure. You've got to give plants time to take things in, that's all.

Didn't your last soil grow end like this?

This saddens me greatly... I'm not sure what it is though Possibly nute burn? :hmmmm:

What have you fed them lately?

I personally find that when you encounter a deficiency, in a soil grow, its best to wait a few days to see if it will spread to any other growth. Usually if it isn't major the plant's new growth will be unphased and you can simply clip off the infected leaves and what not. I mean no disrespect to ya at all berry, your my bro but I think that you are rushing this just a bit. Your super eager which is good but you have to learn a bit more patience. I think your trying to do to much to your babies at once. Like I said, no disrespect at all, I just would hate to see those lil ones not make it b/c they were over-done, they are very pricey im sure. You've got to give plants time to take things in, that's all.

Didn't your last soil grow end like this?

Naw, my last soil grow I had to cut down due to spider mites. The grow before that I nute burned my plants to shit, but that was my first soil grow and I had no idea what I was doing, i watered with nutes every watering and at the end of flowering they were burnt bad. This grow has been much different. I messed up in the beginning with the wrong soil so I transplanted out of that and things were going good. The only thing I have done since transplanting was give 1 sea tea foliar feed application about 5 days ago or so. That was with the help of Moose that I gave the foliar application. I have let the plants go for 3 days since I first noticed the leaves and it has just gotten worse. I plan on flushing the pots tomorrow and then transplant them into the ocean forest/light warrior mixed soil after they dry out. I will know not to give nutrients for a couple of weeks then, probably wont till I flower, except maybe some grow big as a foliar.
I am thinking that I will be good if I do that because that will cover both scenerios, nute burn(with the flushing) or nute deficiency(new soil).
Thanks for that link too, ragemonkey, ill check it out. Im out for now, Peace!

You people seem to forget that the plants were born in a stressful environment. Even though the plants are doing better, there was a lot of damage and growth stunt. Healing takes time and I think your jumping the gun. The only leaves I see damage is older growth, this will happen even after all problems are corrected and will continue until the root zone is fully healed. Try to remember that your only seeing one half of the plant. The other half is below the dirt line.
Stop over analizing the plants or you will kill them with too much love. Just remove the damage fan leaves and always watch out for pests.

If you broke your arm, the doc would put you in a cast. After the cast is removed, your arm is still tender so don't go out and lift and do things that you would normally do until your arm is fully healed or you will just damage your arm again. Not the greatest of anologies but I hope I got my point across. Your doing well Berry, but you need to learn more patience.

Yeah, i know!! Im trying so hard and its like nothing I do is right. Its been at least a week since I have done anything but water them, i guess i will just keep doing that, no nutes or anything. The babys are around 5 inches now, they are growing but NEW sets of leaves are now getting the spots on them. I am starting to see roots through the holes in the bottom of the pots. If I was planning on flowering around 10 inches or so which will probably be in a couple of weeks, when should I transplant to the 3 gallon pots? Maybe a little bigger than 10 inches...I need to have at least 1 clone site off of each plant around the 21 day flowering mark so I can take clones from the girls.

The babys are around 5 inches now, they are growing but NEW sets of leaves are now getting the spots on them. I am starting to see roots through the holes in the bottom of the pots.

Thats the sign to transplant. Go ahead and use you fox soil but no nutes. Water well but don't flush and then let it dry out til your leaves are pointing up. Transplant will stunt growth but only for a few days. Once fully recovered they will start to grow fast again. About 1/2 to 1 inch a day.
Welcome to the veg state bro, I'll be watching. I have taken a special interest in your grow and wish to see you get good bud.

Thanks for the good wishes bro. I watered today, didnt flush, but the soil was pretty dry so I wet it pretty good. Should I let the soil dry out again before I transplant? I will do the fox farm soil and wont give nutes for a little while. I am enjoying this grow so much too, even though it did take about 7 weeks to reach this point. i cant wait to cross the blueberry with the russians and then start them in a non-stressful environment.

The new growth looks ok. I think those leaves that are dying off were the ones that were damaged earlier on. You know the medium is good, so I would keep applying the sea tea and let the roots grow out to chase nutrients. Keep applying the sea tea and things will most likely improve. It always seems slow at first when recovery is happening, then the plant just takes off.

They have started to take off for sure. I dont know if they have stretched or if they have just grown that much more, but they are all about 5 inches. Lots of growth since the last pics were taken. The next update will be on tuesday...probably the day I transplant.
Im going to post a height update, even though they will probably change after I transplant...should I bury them deep up to the first set of leaves, or should I plant it high to give the roots more room to grow? In the end its all the same amount of soil!

Back
Top Bottom