White Russian soil grow from seeds

Out of all the grows on the site Ive seen you do, in every single one of them you always have a burn problem. Not to down you man, but you seriously need to cut back on the nutes. You can always add more, but you cant take back.

I think I am at least going to do 1, 4, 9, and 10. They seem to be getting the worse burns than the rest of them.

Yeah, i know that nutes have been my main problem in the past. I didn't give any nutes to my baby's except one sea tea foliar feed. The problem was that I put the seeds in the Ocean Forest Soil and it had too many nutes to start with. Now they are in regular soil with no added nutes. All I am going to give them till flowering is the sea tea and fish emulsion, but not until they each grow an inch more. Would I still be overdoing it?

Also, i had a fan outside of my closet blowing into it. Its like a 20 inch fan and it sits on the floor. For some reason when I use it the temps are around 85 and when I dont, they are around 80. Temps during flowering are used to be around 80 when I used the fan, so I am thinking it will be lower than that without the fan.

Happend to me..... I did the same thing, set-up a nice big box fan blowin cool air INTO the closet and temps wet UP!? So I took it away and temps went DOWN. The consclusion I came to was: The box fan outside the closet keeps the heat put off by the H.I.D. trapped inside the closet by blowing it back in. Very simple. :allgood:

i hung a small fan above my HID and had a box blowing in my room. with the small fan blowing hot air out the top of the door and the box fan blowing cool air in you should be able to keep the temps down to 75 during the light cycle. nobody mentioned it yet about your plants, but what is the ph of your soil and the water you are using. just thought that you might want to check it if you haven't.

In case you guys didnt know, I had to cut my last batch of plants down after 30 days due to spider mites. I am going to bug bomb my house tomorrow(Saturday) and then scrub the walls of my bathroom top to bottom with bleach. I will be using my tub for the seedlings till I order a 400W MH/HPS switchable system, and they will be under a 125W floro. I think I will kill myself if I let these seeds get spider mites.

Next time, you should go to the store and buy a load of lady beetles. Then release them in the plant chamber. They will eat all the mites and then die.

Next time, you should go to the store and buy a load of lady beetles. Then release them in the plant chamber. They will eat all the mites and then die.
Yeah, I really didn't like the fact of realeasing lots of bugs in my house. The plants were too far gone to save them I think.
So I just took some update pictures of a few of the babys. Its amazing, they are turning greener by the day. Once the pics get approved I will post a 3 day comparrison shot of the five I took pics of. Im out for now.

Ok so here are some pics of the progress that I have had since transplanting. The picture on top will be the picture from 9/4 on the transplant day and the one on the bottom will be from 9/7.

DSC00468rev2.jpg

DSC00483rev2.jpg

Plant #2

DSC00470rev4.jpg

DSC00484rev4.jpg

Plant#4

DSC00471rev5.jpg

DSC00485rev5.jpg

#5. The one I transplanted a couple days before all the others.

DSC00472rev6.jpg

DSC00486rev6.jpg

DSC00474rev8.jpg

DSC00487rev8.jpg

So you can probably tell that they look much better than they did three days before. I guess the transplant was I good idea. I hope all goes well from here. Well Im out. :allgood:

Let me hear what you think.

Sweet!!! So far the plants have taken off with very healthy green growth and now their leaves are getting bigger...before they just burned up. I will post pics soon, probably have them up the next day or the day after. I am so happy all is fine now. Now since they are in plain soil with no nutes how long should I wait to start giving some mild fish ferts and sea tea? You can tell that the roots have re-established themselves and are taking in what they couldn't before...or at least less amounts of nutes that the did before. Ill holla later. :allgood:

At least another week Berry. Nutes are just not very important in this stage. I have gone over 4 weeks in hydro with no nutes and the only thing that happenned was they turned a light green. I would personally keep on waiting til they at least look like small veg plants and not seedlings anymore. Let them double in size or more.

Alright guys, here are the pics of the babys on the rebound. The pics were taken late on 9/10.

DSC00492rev1.jpg

DSC00493rev2.jpg

#2. One of the strongest for sure, definately my mother if female...

DSC00494rev3.jpg

DSC00495rev4.jpg

DSC00496rev5.jpg

#5. The one I transplanted a few days before the others.

DSC00497rev6.jpg

DSC00498rev7.jpg

DSC00499rev8.jpg

DSC00500rev9.jpg

DSC00501rev10.jpg

DSC00502rev.jpg

A side view of #5.

All the yellow and burns are from before transplanting...nothing but nice green growth since then. What you guys think?

Looking better. Are you giving them fish oil and stuff? Try giving them aquafina bottled water for a week to flush the soil in case there's a buildup. I didn't start giving my babies fertilizer untill 5-6 inches

No...the problem was that I put them directly into the Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil from seed and it had too much nutrients in it already. I have given no nutes since the transplant, just plain water. The soil they are in now is fine. I will probably start foliar feeding with sea kelp extract and watering with fish emulsions once they are at least five inches. I plan to flower at about 8 inches so I can take out the males before I transplant the girls to 3 gallon pots, hopefully before they come too root bound. I dont know if I should transplant to FF light warrior or ocean forest soil. I will probably do the high yield light warrior since the ocean forest already has nutes and I will want to start giving heavy flowering nutes after transplant since they will already be about two weeks into flowering. Does this sound like the right idea?

Besides from the FF being too hot, it looks like you're overwatering.
They seem to pull through though.
Good luck with your grow :peace:, nice journal !

Back
Top Bottom