White Widow Halloween Grow With 315 Watt CMH Light Journal

You know AngryBird, seems everything I've had for awhile putts me to sleep. It would be nice to enjoy it lol. So I'm guessing a sativa would be nice to try. The white widow is 60%indica. I could be wrong with the numbers. Hoping it dosn't put me to sleep. If it does and it's good stuff then that's ok as long as I grow something different next time. As of now tho. I'm hoping to build up a nice stash so I don't run out. I go through about and 1/8 a week. Not hard core but when its gone, I'm sad and it's hard to resupply quickly. That's why I may take clones from the WW in hopes of the stash I want. Then get into something a lil more eye opening and fruity. Obviously I have no idea what's in store for me with the WW yet.

A few pics of the bigger ones. Another is pretty much the same and then I have a smaller one. Ill get some pics of them later. Looks like everything is going ok so far.
20161114_182111.jpg
20161114_182118.jpg

20161115_170624.jpg

My late start next
20161115_170631.jpg

Others
20161114_182111.jpg
20161114_182118.jpg
20161115_170636.jpg

See some clawing on a leaf or 2. First thing that comes to mind is over watering. Why? Well they are planted in Happy Frog soil and its been less than 2 weeks. I am aware that there is already good nutes in that soil. Its not ocean forest, which is what they will get transplanted in when that time comes. Less "hot" of a soil so I'm guessing the clawing has nothing to do with the soil. My water is at 6.5. I bought a few gallons of water until I decide if I want to keep buying or by a r/o unit. My light is 24" away so I'm pretty confident I'm good there.
Man.. I'm not sure now. Seems overwatering which I certainly could be guilty of even tho I'm much better then I was when I started would curl the whole leaf (drooping). This is really just the tip like its a nitrogen problem. I understand that I'm using r/o water and that LED users use Cal/Mag. But my soil is too new and I'm not using an LED light. Heck maybe its just because there youngsters? besides that I think they look pretty good
Opinions?

Hi
Well, as you said. 2 Things come to mind. It is not "over watering" in terms of lots of water being poured into pot, because i see it is dry on top. It is more:, maybe the water is not drained well enough in pot, and therefor have been collected in bottom of pot? = wet roots

Also if your babies are 2 weeks old, you can add some coffee grounds ( used) for N.

Hi im mid flower on my first grow , also with white widow. Ive got two questions have you been spraying the seedlings to try to keep a high humidity ? And how often do you water them ?

Hi. I did mist them all until this past friday. I've stopped since then. Humidity has been holding right around 50%
That Friday morning they got watered and then nothing till Monday evening. So a good 3 days. The more I read it seems I'm still over watering seeing how they are in 1 gallon pots. There are good sized drain holes on the bottom sides. Big enough to put a finger in.
I'm assuming it's a watering problem and I'm still over watering. I'll stretch it out closer to 5 days? I need to go buy another pot and fill it with my dirt and compare weights. Seems to be the only true way to tell.

A lot of people on this site will plant their seed and not need to water for 2 or 3 weeks Grebs so don't be afraid to let them dry out. Trust me once you are used to seeing the signs of when they need to be watered you will be fine, it's also hard to miss as once the leaves start drooping they will droop quite quickly, and death can occur usually within 24 hours. Many less plants die from under watering rather than overwatering due to the fact that the signs are so obvious.

Also apologies Angrybird but we are going to have to disagree here, quite vehemently too as I believe that he could kill his plants by adding uncomposted coffee grounds to his plants now. I use coffee grounds all the time in my garden and they certainly are good as a Nitrogen boost for plants that are older or enjoy acidity, unfortunately Cannabis actually does better in a more alkaline environment than in comparison to an acidic environment and at such a tender age these sprouts do not need to be subjected to that, did you not burn some plants that were a couple of weeks old awhile back? If you were using coffee grounds then I can pretty much guarantee that they were the cause, sorry but it's been awhile since I made it around to your journal lately.

Personally I would either feed those grounds to my worms (not too many though due to the acidity again), compost them for later amendments or use them (again not too many) when potting up a plant for it's final part of the veg phase. At this stage they will cause nothing but problems if not causing the death of the plant directly, so if there is any uncertainty then best to err on the safe side I would think :thumb:

Thanks for all the advice and nice to meet you Ohioboy.
It's hard to believe they can go so long without watering. Like you said tho kriaze, I need to see it for myself how they look when they need watered.
Really tho I'm quite happy so far. They are starting to grow nicely now and I feel I'm in a pretty good spot with them atm and I have great people on this board I can ask questions too.

Hi. I did mist them all until this past friday. I've stopped since then. Humidity has been holding right around 50%
That Friday morning they got watered and then nothing till Monday evening. So a good 3 days. The more I read it seems I'm still over watering seeing how they are in 1 gallon pots. There are good sized drain holes on the bottom sides. Big enough to put a finger in.
I'm assuming it's a watering problem and I'm still over watering. I'll stretch it out closer to 5 days? I need to go buy another pot and fill it with my dirt and compare weights. Seems to be the only true way to tell.

Ok so I'm caught up here and imho your biggest issue is watering and maybe confidence but I see that gaining just from when u started to now so back to watering. Your using the FF hf and you put it straight into the pots no amendments at all at least you didn't mention any. At the beginning (first two months ish if photos autos are different ) that soil will hold moisture for 2 weeks. A few options. You can weigh the pots of soil dry and then after a watering take notes of both weights and weigh your plants to find out when they need water. And this works great for the first few months until the plant starts packing on its weight on top of the wet soil and makes things confusing but some people that's all they do. Another way and my preferred method in the photo arena is to just wait until the plant drops in need of water (this is also a good way to find out exactly how long the soil will hold moisture) this way your building a stronger root structure as they are seeking out water in the soil there growing longer and stronger obviously as they push through the soil. Remember healthy roots =healthy plants. And then there is the moisture meter route. And this is how I check my auto's it's not perfect but it's pretty damn good imho and it was like $10 at homedepot
420-magazine-mobile895321564.jpg
its not worth a shit for ph but for the light and moisture it's all I need. Now as the plant grows and the roots start to take up more and more space the amount of time that the soil holds moisture will begin to diminish. Meaning at first you could water once every 12-15 days a few months in you might only make it 8 days. Again imho let the plant tell you when she needs water. And do yourself a favor get rid of the water in the catch plates you really shouldn't even use those bro take em to the tub to water let em sit for 30 mins then put them in the tent on the catch plates and also imho those pots have holes that are flush with the ground I would raise that light way up and put my next size pot (nothing under 5 gallons) with the soil in it into the tent and put each small container on top of the soil this way it can breath and drain properly then lower the light back to where it needs to be or just some blocks around the edges (legos work) so the pot is up off the plate so it can breath and drain if necessary. Your grows looking good your all set up most of your bells and whistles I see so really man like you said patience your basically on auto pilot now. Keep it up keep em green and you can find me through the link in my signature I'll be checking you out. Good luck brother#global420

Ohioboy can't stop!! Ohioboy With Fast Buds - Let's See How Fast Exactly

Also apologies Angrybird but we are going to have to disagree here, quite vehemently too as I believe that he could kill his plants by adding uncomposted coffee grounds to his plants now. I use coffee grounds all the time in my garden and they certainly are good as a Nitrogen boost for plants that are older or enjoy acidity, unfortunately Cannabis actually does better in a more alkaline environment than in comparison to an acidic environment and at such a tender age these sprouts do not need to be subjected to that, did you not burn some plants that were a couple of weeks old awhile back? If you were using coffee grounds then I can pretty much guarantee that they were the cause, sorry but it's been awhile since I made it around to your journal lately.

Personally I would either feed those grounds to my worms (not too many though due to the acidity again), compost them for later amendments or use them (again not too many) when potting up a plant for it's final part of the veg phase. At this stage they will cause nothing but problems if not causing the death of the plant directly, so if there is any uncertainty then best to err on the safe side I would think :thumb:

hi, thank you for the info, and there is no need to apologize, if you have another opinion :) My plants died from too much water collected in bottom of pot with bad drainage, and they were never given anything before 2 weeks of age. Personally I haven't seen anything bad in adding a little used coffee grounds in the soil.
:Namaste: I am happy that you share your other opinion, because it could be a factor: My tap water, which I feed my ladies/babies/seedlings, is PH 8 and then it helps to add used coffee grounds , lowering the PH for the ladies that needs it.
some strains have their " like it just right"

Good stuff ohioboy.. I have 4 gallon smart pots that there going in next for there final resting. Not sure how they would hold up sitting the 1 gallon on top of them even filled. But what I can do is raise the pots up higher than the catch plate using small bricks. Air should flow under the pot nicely. I thinks that's what you was getting at correct?
I have a really good ph tester so I'm good there. I also have a soil/ph tester like the one you showed me. When I watered Monday I tried that tester out and it never moved. It did move to the middle (moist) when I put it in pure water. I thought that would have pegged it over to the wet side. Maybe mine is junk. That's too bad it's new.
Also I forgot, yes there are in straight happy frog atm. When the time comes to throw them in the 4 gallon smart pots, I plan on using ffof and also will add some perlite

Ohio boy, could you explain the meter you have? I see the dry wet, get that, I see the PH switch get that too, what is the light dark? lumens? sorry for blondie questions..

This lady was closest the my isolating fan and within 4 hours was practically laying on her side. She is pretty top heavy for her stalk. Propped her up and put her the furthest away from the fan. Also made sure the fan was on lowest setting. I have had the fan on for about a week now hoping to strengthen them up. I failed on this one.
Also as I have been advised by you good folks, they haven't been watered since Monday evening. The curling is worrysome.
20161117_204222_001.jpg
20161117_204229.jpg

Back
Top Bottom