White Widow Halloween Grow With 315 Watt CMH Light Journal

The slight curling is probably just that the roots have hit a nitrogen rich patch in the soil or they could still be recovering from overwatering. As for the fan you will probably find that it's best to have it facing towards a wall so that only indirect airflow hits the plants, otherwise it can be too much for them. I hope this helps :thumb:

Here is a pic after being watered. They went 5 days between watering. Finally started to droop after praying to the light God and I'm glad I waited. Todays watering I also gave them a quarter dose cal mag and half dose of great white. Using R/O water. Light lowered to 21 inches away. Treated wood raised the pots up for air flow on bottom where there's a hole.
Also I'm liking how tight the new growth is so far. Here's hoping it continues that way
ttfn
20161119_140301.jpg

Grebs, great picture they're looking lovely. Try and capture one before you water too, let's see whether anyone can talk you out of overwatering lol. In the meantime the next time my plants need watering I'll do the same, will try for the droop, this is how mine were a couple of nights ago, watered one earlier and wish I'd taken a pic. Next time :thumb:

IMG_0025196.JPG

everybody is when they grow this weed mate, but it's a weed. It will grow anywhere so you don't need to overkill it, it's used to surviving so let it survive and it will be much stronger. I'll bet you a pound to a penny they'd be much better if you stopped force feeding them :thumb:

Hi
I am happy to see they look much better today. I still have concerns for the first plant (pic)

I love the strength the droopy one has gotten in her stem (string pot):bravo:

It is very difficult to NOT want to give fertilizers, but chemical ones are so much stronger and therefor do more harm than good in early grow (seedling).

You are doing a great job keep it up:circle-of-love:

Gonna take the string off as she is stronger now and put it on the small one who still has a smaller lean to her. Also as advised, I will be waiting longer than 5 days to water. After a few vids I guess what ive thought was drooping from drying out wasn't. Try to wait 7 days next time and see how they look before watering next.
Also any problems with using great white? cal mag I guess I could see waiting longer? even with r/o

I don't use Great White itself here but it's a brand of mycorrhizae which is great for root growth, it's not a nutrient as such and I can't see any down side to using it personally. I don't know whether Calmag is necessary under CMH as I've never used them, might be worth buying some in just in case, but no need to use it unless they're showing signs of deficiency. I know that it's a must with the blurple LED's but that's as far as I know. It might be worth having a search through the forums for someone with CMH experience and see what they've found :thumb:

:thumb:

Check out my latest babies. I actually have an old (yes clean) sock as first pot. Cut it in half and filled with soil and lots of perlite.
I wet the soil/perlite completely 24hrs before and placed the seed in it. The good thing is, you water on the outside on sock, not in soil.

Hey Grebs, as promised I have managed to take a photo of a plant that is in need of watering. My vegging plants are still nowhere near needing a watering yet even though the majority were watered a couple of weeks ago but luckily one of my flowering plants became due over the last 24 hours. Don't worry about the yellowing leaves this is a plant that I ran as a test, grown in compost and the clay dirt soil out of my garden and fed no nutrients, this baby has survived on water alone throughout her life. She has a Nitrogen deficiency as she must have been running low on that as the flip progressed, but as you can see it would be easily rectifiable if I didn't want to prove a water only point so to speak :)

Here she is, she was looking like she needed water yesterday but I wanted to show you how far these plants will go when trying to catch your attention, the more seasoned a grower you become the more adept at spotting earlier signs you will be, but this plant will bounce back and I will try and get a picture of how she looks after a couple of hours so that you can see how she perks up:

DSC022669.JPG

Note that only the leaves are drooping and not the stems:

DSC022638.JPG

Here is another plant in the same tent that hasn't been watered for a week or so, note how dry the soil is:

DSC022629.JPG

I hope this helps you see how hardy a plant these actually are and by smothering them we can do more of an injustice than if we leave them to their own thing. As I'm in the posting photo's moment here are a couple of random others if you don't mind. One is a recent bud and the other is a close up look at it's trichomes under a microscope, quite ethereal and otherworldly, I hope you like them and apologies if not (a moderator will remove them at your request).

DSC021257.JPG
DSC022556.JPG

All the best and I hope that some of this may help you. I suppose I'm mainly trying to point out that growing should be fun with less of a worry, this plant allows that and we just have to cut the worrying part out from ourselves ;)

Back
Top Bottom