White Widow Halloween Grow With 315 Watt CMH Light Journal

yes first leaves do curl down. And don't worry, they just might be root growing at the moment.:Namaste:

writing in the dark was a bad idea sorry. I edited my first post.

It takes a lot of patience. :Namaste:

Second set of leaves are coming in nicely. No complaints about the color. Everything looks good. They just got a nice misting and watering. I like to mist them pretty much every day. Not much. Soil pretty much dries up before my eyes. And there seedlings. Humidity is good for them. Humidity has been a constant 50-55% temps 77-80F
Besides the stalk on the two biggest is a lil crooked, I cant complain. Even the 2 smaller ones look nice. Waiting on girth to happen. Hopefully like you say AngryBird, they all been working on a good root system. I should add my water is PH at 6.5
20161111_142235.jpg
20161111_142240.jpg
20161111_142249.jpg
20161111_142256.jpg

Now I am on a PC and not a broken laptop, easier to write..
I read you water when 1 inch is dry..please stop doing that. It probably will kill them in the end.

If you let them dry out it will be better for them.
Take an empty pot you have and fill with soil,, see how it feels in your hand with dry soil. Then a newly watered baby...
The dry soil pot is appr. how it should feel before watering.:Namaste:

I too was very nervous and have killed many seedlings by watering too much.
It is the hardest thing to learn. But you will get it in the end.
The "stick your finger in the soil" doesn't really work well for one reason.
The bottom of pot is where the water will stay and that is where the roots will grow to. ( So far so good right?)
BUT if you water too much too often, the bottom will never have a chance to dry out, which means roots will grow into wet soil and in the end they will rot.= dead plant

I have to completely agree here with Angrybird. That soil looks pretty wet but without the extra mistings and waterings those leaves would be raised up towards the light and the stems would not be starting to droop, patience is key.

When stems and branches are drooping that's overwatering, when leaves alone start to droop that's when it's time to water :thumb:

And now that I'm high off of what is suppose to be called girl scout cookies, Lets talk about weed and weed names.
For me, living on the east coast where its illegal I don't have a choice on what I want to smoke. First I have to know
someone who can get it. Friends come and go, lives change, what ever. What I'm getting at is its not so easy to get
it let along get it fast. I take what ever I can get and that's how I wound up with the bag above. Now I must say it
gets me high. But Why is this called girl scout cookies? Nothing about it at all reminds me of girl scout cookies.
Is it a fake? Ive had a few different named pots in my time and I can only tell 2 kinds apart. Good weed and bad weed.
That's it! Am I just some sucker who some how doesn't enjoy the different tastes and smells of named pot? Or have I put too much excitement into the name of something and just expect too much out of it? Crazy. Is it because I smoke out of the same bowl?

What does all your different weeds taste like? Describe your good stuff to me. I want to enjoy it with you. Maybe this White
Widow I'm growing will change my mind on what good weed is and I have just been on the unfortunate end of a long
run of mediocre weed.

Honestly so many flavours man. Been hit with oranges lately that's what I'm growing myself. There's good grape tasting strains. Um I don't like it but sometimes there are very terpsy strains that have strong pine smell. What's annoying where I live is if you get weed that's been grown in eucalyptus mulch or leaves compost whatever it tastes like tea tree oil not very nice. Good weed should have hints of whatever the strain is named after if it's a fruit no bs unless it was grown badly like the girl scout cookies you got there or was a phenotype that doesn't showcase what the strain was supposed to taste like. I'm after chocolate or coffee tastes mango would be a good choice. Had some nice strawberry haze I think it was once anyways nice strawberry taste came through. Swing over to my journal and have a browse through for pics of what I've been smoking that grape fruit actually tastes like grape a bit.

I do notice the difference in taste but for me it all boils down to whether it has the effect I prefer or not (I like to be knocked out to sleep). Growing in organic soil does seem to enhance the flavour and if ever you try Dark Devil Auto you will probably really tell the difference, it was one of the weirdest flavours I've ever tried from a Cannabis plant, fruity and sweet, almost sickly sweet. Again though, it still comes down to effect for me and that stuff was left in a jar curing, forgotten about and I lost around an oz and half to mould. Like I say I prefer sedative whilst that was at the opposite end of the spectrum, a great lively smoke which my friends really enjoyed, I would have done better to give it to them I suppose. Tldr: Good weed or bad for me with flavour being a bonus :thumb:

I can tell the difference between different strains best when smoking out of a clean bowl or joint. 9 out of 10 times the local guy does not even know what strain it is in my area. I can't smoke something and then know what strain it is but I can say it has a particular flavor. Also a grower can add flavor to their buds by adding flavor extracts to their water prior to harvest to enhance a particular taste.

Ok so I watered the plants Friday early afternoon. Gonna check on them today after work and see how there doing. May water them today. If not for sure tomorrow.
I'll post up some picks later when I'm home.
Here's a question. Considering I will buy from Crop Kings just because that's where I got the white widow, what would you recommend I grab up next? Planning on buying 2 strains next. I think I will most likely try to clone the white widow first and either germinate something else to go with the clones or save them and germinate the 2 different strains together for a grow.
Either way if you got to pick 2 strains from Crop kings for your next grow, what would you pick?

Well, they have a lot of goodies there. do yo want a photo or auto? What do you want from the plant? High THC or CBD.
My next grow is going to be white Widow and 2 AK Auto.

Back
Top Bottom