White Widow Halloween Grow With 315 Watt CMH Light Journal

In bloom they tend to want water/nutrients a lot more than when vegging, they vary strain to strain but if I'm not watering every 3, 4 days or so I don't think I'm pushing them enough at that stage, still I tend to leave it for the plants to tell me. In flowering overwatering is much less of an issue as they want more to feed their flowers and attract pollen, which in turn is great for us ;)

I have been giving them a filtered gallon of water I bought at a drive though. Until I get an r/o unit anyway. Going to use a light dose of cal/mag next watering and see what happens. I see purple stems and not sure if that's just because there babies or the water i'm using. Well there the color as they are in the top pics.
Way too young they don't need calmag or any other feeds till 4 weeks the soil will hold them until then remember over feeding is worse than under
LESS IS BEST AT FIRST
good luck if u need any help just Holla dud3

Autoflower420

Thanks auto. I didn't give them anything until the 3rd week. Then I gave them great white for roots and a minute amount of call/mag. Realized the cal/mag was not nessesary yet. Dose was small enough that I'm not worried at all but understand what your getting at.
And welcome everyone who has jumped on board. I'll get some more pics tonight.
Oh yeah, I'm slowly changing the lights out time a little every day so there not turning off when it's the coldest. Had them going off at midnight but slowly turning it back

Here you go Steiner,
20161122_165513.jpg
20161122_165518.jpg
20161122_165522.jpg
20161122_165527.jpg
20161122_165534.jpg
20161122_165540.jpg
20161122_165545.jpg

Now its getting more interesting. At first it was so exciting. Its my dirty little secret I only share with this forum. Its scary because its illegal where I'm from and that's really a shame but that's a whole other topic.
Anyways as I was saying. It was exciting at first but really the last few weeks has been boring until the last 2 days. Growth has been a lot more noticeable. And I swear if I stick one up to my nose I can smell weed. Nows the time to start thinking about how I'm going to go with this. Your all more than welcome to throw some suggestions my way if you want too. At first I was going too scrog but now I'm starting to think about a lil lst and maybe topping them. Just looking for quality bud and quality harvest to make this worth my investment. :thumb: Need to take that string off as its not needed any more.
They look really thirsty. KIDDING

I ask because I think I will top them all at least once. These lil boogers are nice and full. Super happy so far with the light if that's what is making these branch pretty close together. Me likey. Watched a few vids. One guy topped at 3 nodes. seems better to top around 4 or 5 which I think I'm there but its fairly new growth. The 5th or 6th anyway. Plants are pretty short but getting fat and thick and I'm not complaining.
So, when do you top? If topping isn't your thing then how about some LST? May nothing? Shoot me some suggestions.

If you're going to top now seems a good time to do it, I can't see 5 or 6 nodes from the picture but I could be wrong. Topping vs LST is more about whether you have the time for the plant to recover from a topping whereas LST when done correctly will give the same growth if not more, there is fimming too, and if you really have time to shape out your plant for a high yield (but takes longer) then I would suggest that you read Light Addict's fluxing journal, pulls around 20oz per plant.

I'm a bit of a mish mash gardener, meaning I tend to try all but stick with none as a regular style. Sometimes I even allow the plants to make it to harvest :)

I may be wrong on what I'm counting as nodes. Need to grab a better pic. I'm just looking for a decent harvest that will last until my next grow. Guess that's what determines on how I grow these and how much I can get out of my 3 foot by 3 foot space. Considering trying to take some clones for the next grow too if possible. But anyways yeah. If I could hit a couple oz per, I would be stoked

Each node is where a pair of branches grow from the main stem, looking at your picture again those nodes are looking pretty damn tight which is a good thing, but you won't want them too close or the plant will be slow growing and the buds may be a little more prone to mould, which if your environment and air flow is good shouldn't be a problem. Eventually as the plant matures nodes will be easier to see as the branches will start to alternate rather than growing parallel. Secondary nodes are where the shoots come off the branches themselves, hope this helps.

Hey Grebs it looks like you could be right regarding the feeding. Once you do feed though remember to only start at a fraction of the strength that the bottle states, maybe 25% or so to begin with. That brown spot seems to have appeared quite quickly though so you might want to double check your plants for pests thoroughly. Probably nothing to do with that but it's always better to be safe than sorry and regular inspections are a must, we're not the only creatures that love this plant :thumb:

Unless they start to seriously cannibalise their leaves then yes it's safe to wait. Once feeding has started it won't repair the damage already done but it will bring them back to health again.

I waited a full week to water. Pretty sure I could have waited a day or tree longer but with the yellowing and lack of nutes I went ahead and watered them. Still has that droop on the bottom leaves but other then that they responded to the feeding.

20161127_101446.jpg

Here is how I added my nutes
Big Bloom = 5 tsp per gallon
Grow Big = under 1 tsp per gallon
Cal Mag plus = under 1 ml per gallon.
Great white = 1/4 tsp
First off I feel better about how to water. I'm not there yet but watching them go a week and need nothing assures me that they could go longer. If it wasn't for me not wanting the lack of nutes any longer I would have waited longer. Big Bloom is just under full strength. Fellow grower showed on the back the npk and assured you really cant go wrong with this. Grow big however you can. I am just under half dosage. Cal Mag plus I'm sitting at just under half dosage as well. Autoflower420 says I'm not needing this yet. I do respect your opinion but you never said why? The straight water I'm using has nothing to offer these plants. I'm not saying your wrong. I just want to know why.
The great white was left over in the water form the last feeding. So was the Cal Mag

Ok today 3 of them got topped unless I missed. The 4th plant is a good 2 days behind so I let her be. Heres 2 of them. I must have forgotten to take a pic of the third

20161127_102038.jpg
20161127_102042.jpg

Well that's it for now, Love how there staying nice and bushy. Heres hoping they stay that way

Back
Top Bottom