Who Let The Dogs Out? Chem Comparison Grow!

I'm doing my first official pheno hunt with Sherlocks Gift. When I asked about keeping mothers, what I was really thinking, (I know, stupid) was how to keep moms until I can actually sample the finished girls without dealing with a jungle. The bonsai technique should be perfect I would imagine.
Anyone have any 'must knows' for hunting? Thanks! :ganjamon:
Dutchman is doing a pheno hunt right now as well. I'm not sure if he knows the Bonsai technique but he's pretty knowledgeable. He and you may be able to work together to come up with a plan on 'must knows'.

I'm doing my first official pheno hunt with Sherlocks Gift. When I asked about keeping mothers, what I was really thinking, (I know, stupid) was how to keep moms until I can actually sample the finished girls without dealing with a jungle. The bonsai technique should be perfect I would imagine.
Anyone have any 'must knows' for hunting? Thanks! :ganjamon:

This is excited Mj! A few critical points is don’t select a winner until after harvesting and sampling! I am indeed starting some bonsai moms myself so stay tuned!

Dutchman is doing a pheno hunt right now as well. I'm not sure if he knows the Bonsai technique but he's pretty knowledgeable. He and you may be able to work together to come up with a plan on 'must knows'.

Thanks Sauga! Im actually starting the bonsai technique shortly! Need to preserve space!

I was going to mention @Dutchman1990 as well. Of course @Pennywise has a very extensive journal on pheno hunting too - another great resource.
Thanks Bard! :high-five:

For mothers what I do is keep them in a smallish container I use #3 pots.
Let them get root bound, they look ugly and I dont care. When I want to take cuts cut off all the top branches. So she will grow a bunch more.
lighting is 20-4 same as VEG plants.

I've got 2 mothers now that are at least a year old. Have taken lots of cuts.

Most of the time I will not run mothers into flower.

If there's a strain I like after testing puffage, I will run the clones and when I flip to flower I will clean out the LAF - those LAF are the cuts for the next round and so on. No mothers just clone the clones and keep doing it.

To do that I have to keep everything clean. Thats the advantage of mothers. I don't have to worry about genetic issues with virus/bacteria causing changes in RNA of the doner. It can still happen but you still have the original.

Here’s my Chem today

She’s still thriving and everything going smoothly so far so hopefully she will finish up strong. That’s all I have for now, cheers everyone✌
Quite the big girl she is. Did you go through and clear out some of the foliage? She looks a bit sparser than before. Beautiful though ECG
:bravo:
For mothers what I do is keep them in a smallish container I use #3 pots.
Let them get root bound, they look ugly and I dont care. When I want to take cuts cut off all the top branches. So she will grow a bunch more.
lighting is 20-4 same as VEG plants.

I've got 2 mothers now that are at least a year old. Have taken lots of cuts.

Most of the time I will not run mothers into flower.

If there's a strain I like after testing puffage, I will run the clones and when I flip to flower I will clean out the LAF - those LAF are the cuts for the next round and so on. No mothers just clone the clones and keep doing it.

To do that I have to keep everything clean. Thats the advantage of mothers. I don't have to worry about genetic issues with virus/bacteria causing changes in RNA of the doner. It can still happen but you still have the original.
It’s true that you can clone and flower, clone and flower, and clone and flower without keeping mothers, but don’t your harvests stay pretty far apart? Can’t you time your harvests closer together with mothers? Or does it not matter?
With mothers you can keep your harvests two weeks apart no?

Quite the big girl she is. Did you go through and clear out some of the foliage? She looks a bit sparser than before. Beautiful though ECG
:bravo:

It’s true that you can clone and flower, clone and flower, and clone and flower without keeping mothers, but don’t your harvests stay pretty far apart? Can’t you time your harvests closer together with mothers? Or does it not matter?
With mothers you can keep your harvests two weeks apart no?
Thanks chef, yea she got a heavy defo/trim a few days back but she has recovered nicely.✌️

And she's in. I've decided to do one big girl, finishing in a 10. Nursery. Starting under my trusty vipars. On the left is the latest batch of organic wheat grass for a couple of my feline friends.
20190724_154742.jpg
20190724_154717.jpg
20190724_173802.jpg

And she's in. I've decided to do one big girl, finishing in a 10. Nursery. Starting under my trusty vipars. On the left is the latest batch of organic wheat grass for a couple of my feline friends.
20190724_154742.jpg
20190724_154717.jpg
20190724_173802.jpg

Awesome! You're leading the way for us! :)

Back
Top Bottom