Winter Outdoor Grow 2009/2010

Hay Mmmmick when making my teas for flowering I use a multitude of stuff but when adding the guano I use 1 tbsp per gallon just like they recommend and let brew for at least 3 days. Depending on what is in my teas 3 days usually does the trick and after three days you really have to watch it or should I say smell it and make sure its not going bad. Its seems to work ok. I also take the guano and other stuff that is in the tea bag and spread it over the top of the soil. I have used more guano around 6 tbsp and it did not have any negative affects and did not seem to make any difference so I would think when making the teas the risk of over feeding is very slim. Good luck...

I know a lot of guano tea recipe's say to brew the teas for 2 weeks and some up to a years. I am pretty sure thats just for guano only teas and am pretty sure they are just letting it sit without any air stones and stirring it up every once in a while. With my teas I could never brew them that long without them going bad.

Hope this helps and good luck..

Definitely helpful info , thanks sonzor. I wasn't sure if the reg dose would be too heavy as a liquid feed. You've gone as high as 6 so it seems organics are hard to overdo, as they say.
great info, I'll mix a batch right now so it'll have some steep time. Maybe just water while the tea brews for a few days. It won't have a chance to go bad, I'm just doing one liquid feeding, maybe add a topdressing in a week or 2.

good stuff appreciate your sharing of the info.

can't rep or rate I guess I need to share the love a little more first, but the thought's there.

hi mate nice to see your getting new growth you seem to be over the worst....ill keep my fingers crossed for you....you mentioned earlier not being happy with your seed company......we used serious seeds from holland/amsterdam......we had heard they had great germ rate and high on the lady count we bought 11 seeds for £60.....was more expensive than most but was a canabis cup winner....all 11 germed 9 ladies 2 hermmies ......all serious seeds are renowned for there high genetics...oh dear im rambling ....i do when im stoned ha ha.......just a thought anyways ..........be lucky weedtastic...ps + rep if i can ...for me and mmmmick hehe

hi mate nice to see your getting new growth you seem to be over the worst....ill keep my fingers crossed for you....you mentioned earlier not being happy with your seed company......we used serious seeds from holland/amsterdam......we had heard they had great germ rate and high on the lady count we bought 11 seeds for £60.....was more expensive than most but was a canabis cup winner....all 11 germed 9 ladies 2 hermmies ......all serious seeds are renowned for there high genetics...oh dear im rambling ....i do when im stoned ha ha.......just a thought anyways ..........be lucky weedtastic...ps + rep if i can ...for me and mmmmick hehe

Thanks weedtastic, Was surfing around for a new company and will check that one out for sure. Thanks for stopping in and you comments are always appreciated.

A little update, Plants where growing really slow and not looking that hot. I repotted them yesterday and they have shown great improvement. The roots where all circling around the bottom of the cup so just maybe that was the issues. We will see in a week or so. Also I got two Durban Poison seeds to pop. I can't believe it and will have to get some seeds if one turns out to be a lady. I will cross my fingers. I think thats 4 out of 20 seeds. Not a great germination rate but happy I got two.

Thought I would throw this in. From my last grow I took 2 plants from the hydro to make room and planted them in the ground. Only one made it at I pollinated it with Bubble Gum Pollen. It looks like its ready to go. I am getting amber trichs and since I never did this seed thing before I am going to assume that they must be done. I will pull the plant tomorrow. Unless of course someone here looks at the picture and tells me its to early to get ripe seeds.
I hope there is seeds in there. We shall see.

Take a look and tell me what you think.

slh_seed_plant_3336.jpg

slh_seed_plant_3338.jpg

slh_seed_plant_3340.jpg

slh_seed_plant_3342.jpg

slh_seed_plant_3343.jpg

slh_seed_plant_3345.jpg

slh_seed_plant_3348_-_Version_2.jpg

slh_seed_plant_3349.jpg

Again thanks for taking a look and any suggestion or comments are greatly appreciated..

A little update, Plants where growing really slow and not looking that hot. I repotted them yesterday and they have shown great improvement. The roots where all circling around the bottom of the cup so just maybe that was the issues. We will see in a week or so. Also I got two Durban Poison seeds to pop. I can't believe it and will have to get some seeds if one turns out to be a lady. I will cross my fingers. I think thats 4 out of 20 seeds. Not a great germination rate but happy I got two.

Thought I would throw this in. From my last grow I took 2 plants from the hydro to make room and planted them in the ground. Only one made it at I pollinated it with Bubble Gum Pollen. It looks like its ready to go. I am getting amber trichs and since I never did this seed thing before I am going to assume that they must be done. I will pull the plant tomorrow. Unless of course someone here looks at the picture and tells me its to early to get ripe seeds.
I hope there is seeds in there. We shall see.
hi sonzor I hope your repot clears up any issues.Congrats on gertting a couple more seeds to pop.

I took a look in the Grow Bible by Cervantes. Six weeks from fertilization most seeds should be viable according to Jorge. He states the calyxes will open to let you see the seeds (dunno if they all open up)but also suggests a sample harvest of a few seeds be given a crush test. If most don't crush with a reasonable mount of pressure they are ripe. Now you may ask " what is a reasonable amount of pressure"? I know I did. I think if they are mostly dark brown or gray and mottled they are probably ripe, but thats a newbie opinion.
Oh yeah, Cervantes suggests drying the seeds for a few weeks in dark well ventilated conditions then putting them in the refridgerator for a couple of months to increase germ rates over fresh seeds. Hope this helps sonzor.

Spike69 just grew some seeds, he might have a better idea as to when they are good to go. I'm sure he'd be happy to help.

I love fuzzy leaves.

Thanks Mmmmick that some great information and thank for taking the time to look it up and write it all down. I am going to try that for sure. Thanks again..

some is better than none
and nice outdoor plant
hope you get some good seeds out of that

I agree some is better than none for sure and more is better then less and a lot is better than a little so lets hope for the a lot and be happy if its only a little. Thanks for stopping in and your comments + rep

hi mate....the plant you repotted shud grow real fast and strong now...i let my ladies get a little root bound and as soon as i repot they fly......great advise off mmmmick and to go to all that trouble he is a true brother grower.....i can t wait to see how the whole seed thing works out + reps if i can?............be lucky weedtastic :nicethread:

Udate 2

Repotted, all the plants and they seemed to love it. They took off that afternoon. Still using the MG Organic with worm castings and compost. Won't make that mistake again. But is what it is for now. Like I said I am getting some impressive growth so we are on our way. Thank GOD. Still just watering with water and compost tea every other watering. Also topped the two Full Moon's and took the tops and am seeing if they will root. Its been about a week and they are going strong so we will see. If you read my last journal you know I don't have much luck with cloning so I will give them a 50/50 chance at best. If they take I will put them into 12/12 and sex them so I will know if either of the 2 Full Moons are female. Cross my fingers. Take a look..

Full Moon1
fm1_11_30_09.jpg

Full Moon2
fm2_11_30_09.jpg

Mystery1
mystery1_11_30_09.jpg

Papaya1
papaya1_11_30_09.jpg

Papaya2
papaya2_11_30_09.jpg

Also have some new additions to the Sonzor family. Finally got two of the Durban Poisons to POP 4 out of 20 seeds not great but thank GOD for 2. Now I just have to hope for a female.

Durban Poison1
dp1_11_30_09.jpg

Durban Poison2
dp2_11_30_09.jpg

Also put a couple more Mystery Seeds out that the seed company sent, just in case the Durban did not pop but they did so I have 2 extra Mystery Plants. So we will see what comes of that.

Mystery2
mystery2_11_30_09.jpg

Mystery3
mystery3_11_30_09.jpg

Thanks for taking a look and any and all comments and suggestions are always appreciated..

Lookin like there lovin the replant...Good luck on the new babys and hope you have all girls,,,lol WTG bro........

Lookin like there lovin the replant...Good luck on the new babys and hope you have all girls,,,lol WTG bro........

Thanks Moslowjj, I appreciate you stopping in and your comments..

hey sonzor things are looking great. Repot a big success, those full moons are packed with growth now and you just topped the little beasts, should be an explosion.
Do you do any supercropping? or did I read right by it?

congrats on popping your seeds, you're gettin quite the extended family.:nicethread::goodjob:

awesome chocolates dude. you got some nice thick stems on those plants too.

i dont know about the MG organic soil but there is a great page on this site about MG and how to grow with it (ill try to find it again). sadly i used MG soil too... when i switched to 12/12 i only added (as suggested on the page) the micro and bloom nutes. that worked great for the first few weeks but as the pots started drying out faster from them drinking more i was able to add the grow nutes because not many ferts were dissolving out of the time release soil.

hey sonzor things are looking great. Repot a big success, those full moons are packed with growth now and you just topped the little beasts, should be an explosion.
Do you do any supercropping? or did I read right by it?

congrats on popping your seeds, you're gettin quite the extended family.:nicethread::goodjob:

Thanks Mmmick I am very happy with the plants at this point. Was a little worried for a while but I think things are going in the correct direction.

As for the supercropping, from what I understand it can be bending, tying or topping or some or all of those technics, I have only tried topping on one plant so this is sort of new to me. I will see how the plants start to grow after the topping and if it is necessary to do some bending I will try. This winter grow is all an experiment to me so I will probably try many different things to see how it all works out. Anyway thank so much for stopping in and your comments are always appreciated.

awesome chocolates dude. you got some nice thick stems on those plants too.

i dont know about the MG organic soil but there is a great page on this site about MG and how to grow with it (ill try to find it again). sadly i used MG soil too... when i switched to 12/12 i only added (as suggested on the page) the micro and bloom nutes. that worked great for the first few weeks but as the pots started drying out faster from them drinking more i was able to add the grow nutes because not many ferts were dissolving out of the time release soil.

Thanks Flurple for stopping in and your comments. Yes I think the MG Organic was a mistake. I think my only saving grace will be that its only about half MG Organic and the rest worm castings and compost. I think I will just have to tread lightly with the teas for the next month and after the plants get a little stronger everything will work itself out. At least thats my hope. Thanks again..

here is the page i was looking for... scroll down a bit and you will see info for MG nutes and MG soil. its a great guideline and then you can make adjustments based on what your plants tell you.

and i agree, your plants have been through the worst of it and as they grow and the roots strengthen it will be no prob. also the fact that all the soil isnt MG soil any more will help too

Nutes - What To Use & How To Use Them - Tutorial

here is the page i was looking for... scroll down a bit and you will see info for MG nutes and MG soil. its a great guideline and then you can make adjustments based on what your plants tell you.

and i agree, your plants have been through the worst of it and as they grow and the roots strengthen it will be no prob. also the fact that all the soil isnt MG soil any more will help too

Thanks so much Flurple I will check that out for sure...

Thanks Mmmick I am very happy with the plants at this point. Was a little worried for a while but I think things are going in the correct direction.

As for the supercropping, from what I understand it can be bending, tying or topping or some or all of those technics, I have only tried topping on one plant so this is sort of new to me. I will see how the plants start to grow after the topping and if it is necessary to do some bending I will try. This winter grow is all an experiment to me so I will probably try many different things to see how it all works out. Anyway thank so much for stopping in and your comments are always appreciated.

hi sonzor, I think you've saved those plants with your treatments.
The type of supercropping I had in mind was just a slight crushing of the stem or branches to generate growth. No bending or tying involved, I consider that LST. Your full moons don't look like they need it, especially with topping just done. the Papayas might benefit.
I don't think you'd benefit much from LST in an outdoor grow.
Gonna be fun to watch them turn into huge bushes.

hi sonzor, I think you've saved those plants with your treatments.
The type of supercropping I had in mind was just a slight crushing of the stem or branches to generate growth. No bending or tying involved, I consider that LST. Your full moons don't look like they need it, especially with topping just done. the Papayas might benefit.
I don't think you'd benefit much from LST in an outdoor grow.
Gonna be fun to watch them turn into huge bushes.

Have not done it before but I will probably give it a try and see what comes of it. I will probably try it on one of the Full Moon Clones if they make it. I took a look at the clones and some of the lower leaves where turning yellow and I found what I think to be white flies on them. O joy here we go again. I will try a more diluted batch of oganicide. And hopefully crossing my fingers will avoid the issues I had last time. Wish me luck. Thanks again for stopping in and you comments. They are much appreciated...

Have not done it before but I will probably give it a try and see what comes of it. I will probably try it on one of the Full Moon Clones if they make it. I took a look at the clones and some of the lower leaves where turning yellow and I found what I think to be white flies on them. O joy here we go again. I will try a more diluted batch of oganicide. And hopefully crossing my fingers will avoid the issues I had last time. Wish me luck. Thanks again for stopping in and you comments. They are much appreciated...

Do you think the yellow might be the plant taking N from the fan leaves while the roots develope? Are the clones heavily foliated? I didn't notice any pics of them. I prefer to keep the amount of leaf sort of low while the clones are living on stored energy until the roots grow. Clip bigger leaves by half, etc.
Good luck with the white flies, hopefully you noticed them before they got too heavy. damn critters sure like your plants.

checked back a couple of pages, those papaya's are looking much better

Back
Top Bottom