WW Autos Super Hempy - LED - HPS - Miracle Grow Experiment

Okay, so changed res, this time keeping it simple. 400ppm 5.5 as of 8pm pac time.

I only put in three part series at 1.5, 2, 3 parts, so more bloom than anything. Recommended in flower is 1, 2, 3

She looks like she wants more nutes, so that is why I bumped them up to 400. I also added peroxide, 2mL per gallon, and 5mL of Bitanocare Sweet Berry.

I am also surprised Hydro folks have not chimed in.

They want to see people go through what they went through. Hydro seems like something to do if you need some more stress in your life

I don't think hydro itself is that stressful. What has been a pain was figuring out what was wrong with these plants in the first place, then trying to correct the problem.

I think it's corrected, though. At 8pm last night ph 5.5 400ppm, later on in the morning maybe 2am, ph 6.3 ppm 420-430. But also there was a bit of debree that comes off the roots, like small root pieces.

I dropped a few drops of ph down in it, which probably only dropped it to 6.0 or 5.8 based on doing many ph checks with that dropper. It makes small drops. Now, if I use the mL syring, 1 mL, which is only 10 drops, but larger drops, drops the ph by much more.

Anyway, around 1pm today, the ph was 6.3, so it doesn't seem to rise as fast, especially after I ph it after it rises a bit. PPM was 400-403

So the ppms did drop over night, which means it is eating again. It might have just been stressed out and thus not eating before.

I hope I didn't stunt the growth too bad, as I've seen how easily autos stunt and how easily it effects their yeild.

Hydro seems cool and I respect the results I have witnessed here. Not really sure its for me right now.

if you gonna do it, it really couldnt be easier then dwc. Plus dwc is one of the best hydro methods anyways for speed and yield.

Both Miwa and I have dabbled with it and its gone super ez. I was basically just setting it and forgetting it.

Right conditions lots of light, lux = you can use high nutes, if you slowly increase them.

This knowledge sort of clicked before, but while I was reading through this one auto journal, it really clicked. Even autos can take 1600ppm if they have good conditions and lots of light, and you slowly increase the nutes as they grow bigger. If they aren't growing bigger, don't increase.

He had zero burn and went from 200ppm to 1600ppm. I was like, wow, autos took that. If the plant isn't growing fast, then you shouldn't give it that many nutes or it will burn, especially if an auto. If you give it good conditions and loads of light, and it start taking off with growth, start slowly increasing nutes. Not sure if autos could take 1600ppm in coco, perlite, rockwool etc, anything but dwc, flood, pure water basically. DWC seems to really be able to push the nutes.

Coco or something else will have left over nutes, so if you feed with 400ppm too close together, the ppm in the coco will increase to like say 600.

I just wanted to share that because it was a mini revelation to me, to really get that part. If the plant becomes stressed, then raise the light, lower the ppms until it resumes quick growth. I'm not sure why this never truly dawned on me.

A pretty cheap way to build a chiller.

Buy a good ice cooler, the kinds at football games with gateraid in them, made of plastic or something.

Drill a hole in the lid to fit a grommet with a hole just big enough to fit copper tubing.

Drill another hole at the bottom of the ice cooler, fit the same-size grommet in it.

From a brewery site or store, buy copper tubing coiled up, or stainless steel, used to make a distiller. You can buy copper tubing at Home Depot and try to bend it yourself into a coil. Be sure the coil will fit into the ice cooler.

To bend copper, fill it with sand, then slowly bend it, perhaps even heat it up as you bend it. Take it slow.

On each end of the copper coil, attach tubing to go outside each hole you drilled in the ice cooler.

Place a pump in your res, and attach it to the lid tube. This will pump water from your res, through the coil in the ice cooler.

Fille ice cooler with ice. It will go all around the copper tubing.

Put the hose from the bottom of the cooler into your res. You made a cycle. The warmer water will be pumped through the coil that is in the cooler, the ice cools the copper, which cools the water, and then it goes back into your res.

You can also build this this a mini fridge. Remove the part that seperates the fridge and freezer, or get one without a freezer. Set the temp to low. Place coil inside, etc. Buy a used mini fridge to save more money.

With the ice cool, you will have to replace the ice every few days. Make sure it is outside the grow tent. Freeze 2L bottles and place them inside. They will melt slower than ice cubes. Maybe throw a small piece of dry ice in there for slower melting of the ice. This should last 2 days at least.

We use dry ice with our big blocks of ice while camping. Stays cold for about three days if in the shade.

If the ice cooler must go inside where your lights are, then shade it from the lights.

Okay, so in two days, auto2 went through about 2 gallons of water. Ph stayed within 5.5-6.5. PPMs remained at 400, which means she had to drink lots of nutes, as if she drakn no nutes, yet 2 gallons of water, the nutes would have risen. :)

She has resumed growth. I fed them co2 from 10lbs of dry ice last night, during lights on.

Day 54

april9-auto2.jpg

The spaces betwee the nugs are almost filled in. That happened over night. I checked before I fed co2, then checked just about 2 hours ago, which is about when this pic was taken. Crazy. Didn't expect an explosion like that.

Okay, so I bumped up to 430 when I topped off before, and nutes went down to 400, which means she wants more nutes. Why do I think this?

If the nutes remain pretty much the same, and they drink lots of water, then they are content with the amount of nutes given to them, as long as ph is rising too, slowly. If the ppms drop a decent amount, and ph rising slowly, I think they want more nutes, or can at least handle more. Just be sure you throw lots of light at them for the higher nutes.

Okay, so ph was 6.3, which means after 26 hours, it only went from 5.5 to 6.3, so that is pretty stable. I fixed the problem. All new growth is very green. She looks happy and perky. i will upload pics later tonight. She drank a gallon in 26 hours.

FEED Watered DWC

480ppm, this time, ph'ed to 5.3

I will see where the ppms and ph is tomorrow.

The closet t5's are doing great. Nice and green. I will get some pics. They are all in 50coco 50perlite but for the 100% rockwool, which is giving me issues. She is a bit yellow. Will try to increase nutes.

Day 57 for autos

Actually, the critical is the same age. It was vegged under the t5 for 30 days, and is now under the 400w hps. The two autos are under the 600w hps.

Auto 1 is the hempy, auto 2 is the dwc. Amazing, the DWC looks better, auto 2 looks better now than 1. It is growing faster too. Larger buds and more of them, less space between them.

First the closet plants under the t5. Lady black on left, Purple Haze on right. I also have a mendo purp in pure rockwool, but it is a bit yellow. I'm trying to figure out why. I think I will start feeding it a little every day, maybe twice a day. First with a little nutes, then with some ph water.

Anyway, here is the pic of Lady Black and Purple Haze.

april12-lbph.jpg

And now for the critical in the tent under the 400w.

april12-crit.jpg

She is still a bit yellow, so I fed her 600ppm of MG this time. Hopefully that does the trick. I think I will start ph'ing her regular water between feedings, though. Feed her again on the 19th, along with lady black. They are the two under Miracle Grow.

Now for auto 1

april12-auto1.jpg

april12-auto1-2.jpg

Auto 1 is a bit yellow now. She was the one that was really green all the way through. Maybe I need to fed her every day as well, pushing some of the res of her hempy bucket out. Then measure the ph to see what comes out. If it is too high, then I will water it will a full gallon to displace all the res with fresh, and take a ph reading.

Auto 2 is looking much better, the dwc

april12-auto2.jpg

april12-auto2w.jpg

All the new leaves are very green. Her buds are growing faster than the hemp auto. I might be getting another patient. If so, I will grow 4 more autos, at least one is tradiction bucket dwc, and one 100% perlite air hempy like auto 1, but I will be sure to replace water every day, and thus will use a cheap nut like MG. The other two in 50% coco and 50% perlite standard pot like the Lady Black and Purple Haze.

I expect by day 65 for the buds to be all filled no, no gaps. Then from there on to fatten up until day 80 to 85, in which they should be done. I know the strain says 75 days, but that usually means 85, and also, I think the 30 days under the t5 slowed it down, although, I also think it is what made them look so bushy.

They look just like topped White Widows. It's crazy, but I didn't top them. When I top a regular White Widow two times, and end up with 8 tops, this is how they look, just like these WW autos.

Back
Top Bottom