Zkittlez Auto

I am still thinking bugs, above or below the surface. That leaf might be representing what is happening to a major root (root aphids, fungus larvae?) and that would explain the slow growth. Where did your soil come from?
Pre-made cocopeat, I buy a new batch every grow, it's not on my blue cheese and only one of the smaller ones.

what is in common between this one and that smaller one? That is very strange for it to duplicate such a strange symptom.
They're both zkittlez , one was a large seed and one was regular. Ones gone extremely tall even for an auto I haven't had one this tall since my nyc diesel auto. Other than that everything is the same I make the nutes for the other one at the same time then wash the bucket and make the clone nutes up. I haven't changed anything.

its a real puzzler. If it spreads to another plant, that would certainly indicate bugs. Only the zkittlez doing it though... that is curious too.
I'll have to see if it develops. There's not a lot I can do I don't have a lot to work with to find the problem. I'll keep feeding it and see where it goes, 7 weeks left.

Looking good today, can't wait till they're finished. Feels like it takes forever lol but I'm considering a small break from growing as it's Soo time consuming and I'm looking after a friend's as well so I'm losing my love for it.
IMG_20200902_160921.jpg
IMG_20200902_160909.jpg

that doesn't look like light stress to me... but disconnected leaves without being able to see the whole plant tell me nothing much. What is the temperature in there, it could be heat stress? Give me a better picture so I can get better idea what is going on here.
Hard to get a picture that's not blurple. It was near the top, the rest seem to be fine, average temp is 24 degrees so it's not really hot considering I grew last summer and the tent was about 27 degrees and its showing on the top leaves none on the bottom.
IMG_20200904_191139.jpg
IMG_20200904_191113.jpg
IMG_20200904_191109.jpg
MVIMG_20200904_191101.jpg
IMG_20200904_191024.jpg

The blurple is not the best either, but at least now I could see the problem on the entire plant. I think I see a very common problem here, or couple of them... you appear to be having a slight magnesium and a calcium deficiency. This is very common in bluple light and when using RO water. This is also why the supplement calmag is so popular. Start applying calmag with each watering for a while and this problem will stop spreading. The leaf damage you see is more or less permanent, but you can keep it from getting worse by supplementing asap.

The Cal mag is in my humibooster nutrient and I don't use RO water I just use tap water. I just gave it a feed 2 days ago, might add some more to the next feed but it has a few praying leaves and the top ones feel like they're drying out hence why I thought it was too much light.
My lights intensities are supposed to be on 100% red white and blue but I kept them down a bit this grow as I knew it would be too much for them at this height.

Praying leaves does not indicate a problem... that is the expression of a happy plant that is reaching for the light, just as they do out in nature. The cal and mag in your nutrients is not cutting it... the LED light is causing too much photosynthesis for the nutes to be able to keep up... this is why we have supplements.
Are you carefully adjusting the pH of your incoming fluids immediately before applying them to the plants? Incorrect pH can also affect the plant's ability to use nutrients that are being supplied.

Praying leaves does not indicate a problem... that is the expression of a happy plant that is reaching for the light, just as they do out in nature. The cal and mag in your nutrients is not cutting it... the LED light is causing too much photosynthesis for the nutes to be able to keep up... this is why we have supplements.
Are you carefully adjusting the pH of your incoming fluids immediately before applying them to the plants? Incorrect pH can also affect the plant's ability to use nutrients that are being supplied.
IV been told through a fair few sources that praying leaves are good but is also a symptom of light stress when present with yellowing leaves and even read it on the grow weed easy site. The pH is always between 5.8 and 6, I calibrate my ph pen every time I use it so every 3 days.

I'm obsessed with autos lately I've got sweet zombie photos on at the min in going to do autos next need to pick up some seeds I've been a lazy mf lately want something with big yield and ideas?

I'm obsessed with autos lately I've got sweet zombie photos on at the min in going to do autos next need to pick up some seeds I've been a lazy mf lately want something with big yield and ideas?
New York City diesel auto from advanced seeds. No training or anything gave me a decent yield and it was one of my strongest grows or might actually be tied with my royal gorilla autos I just finished a month ago, great high and decent yield for an auto.

IV been told through a fair few sources that praying leaves are good but is also a symptom of light stress when present with yellowing leaves and even read it on the grow weed easy site. The pH is always between 5.8 and 6, I calibrate my ph pen every time I use it so every 3 days.
The grow weed easy site is a horrible site filled with misinformation and run by a maniac... and I have heard much terrible and incorrect advice come from there... and here you come today with even more. Praying leaves are NEVER a symptom of light stress. Yellowing leaves have other reasons for being that way, and this simple explanation doesnt even come close to diagnosing the 15 different things that can cause yellowing and misinformation like this is typical of that site.

Regarding pH... there is a HUGE difference in the pH between 5.8 and 6, and this is not even the correct place to have the pH set to. This is probably the problem that has caused your deficiency. Also, if you have an accurate pH pen, why in the world can you not adjust exactly to a tenth of a decimal point? If you are in soilless, 5.8 is your target, and in soil your goal is 6.3 pH. Not near those numbers, but exactly on those numbers.

Lets examine pH for a sec... are you running in soil or a soilless mix? Are your nutes intended for soil or hydro?

For big yields and good quality I would NEVER recommend any Auto... right out of the gate they are inferior plants as compared to a photoperiod plant.

want something with big yield and ideas?

Neil (LEDRF) grew an Auto Critical from Royal Queen Seeds and got something like 2.95 pounds from it. There's a video on YouTube that showed him weighing it (was a trash bag full of bud). Looked like he trimmed it with his eyes shut, so deduct some for that, but still. See post #1:

The grow weed easy site is a horrible site filled with misinformation and run by a maniac... and I have heard much terrible and incorrect advice come from there... and here you come today with even more. Praying leaves are NEVER a symptom of light stress. Yellowing leaves have other reasons for being that way, and this simple explanation doesnt even come close to diagnosing the 15 different things that can cause yellowing and misinformation like this is typical of that site.

Regarding pH... there is a HUGE difference in the pH between 5.8 and 6, and this is not even the correct place to have the pH set to. This is probably the problem that has caused your deficiency. Also, if you have an accurate pH pen, why in the world can you not adjust exactly to a tenth of a decimal point? If you are in soilless, 5.8 is your target, and in soil your goal is 6.3 pH. Not near those numbers, but exactly on those numbers.

Lets examine pH for a sec... are you running in soil or a soilless mix? Are your nutes intended for soil or hydro?

For big yields and good quality I would NEVER recommend any Auto... right out of the gate they are inferior plants as compared to a photoperiod plant.
IV always had my ph at around these levels and never any problems with previous grows in regard to wrong pH neither has any of the growers I know who use cocopeat, hell even my brother in law ran a dwc set up on 5.8-6 without issues. I grew my blue cheese on 5.8-6 and that was a breeze and a big yielded considering the time frame. I suppose it comes down to matter of opinion for where you source your info. As for autos, yes low yielders I agree but overall an easy grow everytime.

now that i finally know you are in coco/peat and not soil, your pH adjustment is fine... I would center more on 5.8, but as you said, that is my opinion as to how necessary that adjustment is, based of course on my years of experience. I have found that accuracy counts, and usually when someone tells me that they adjust into a range and not a specific number, they are not taking the pH adjustment seriously. Please don't be argumentative with me, I am just trying to help. If you would have told me about your soilless situation earlier, I would have never mentioned 6.3 pH.

You are having a deficiency, remember, and there has to be a cause for it since, as you said, the needed nutrients are being supplied in your nutes. It is my belief that when you water at 6 pH, upward drift quickly moves your nutes out of the hydro range, and your Mg and Ca are not as mobile as you need them to be, but of course the source for my info is an understanding of the actual science behind all of this and not opinion based as on GWE, so I might of course be wrong. I don't find that very likely... but there is always the possibility. Just for grins, adjust your pH to 5.8 one time and see if it mitigates your problem... you really have nothing to loose by trying.

Back
Top Bottom