Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Got a new camera so welcome to the grow...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Got a new camera so welcome to the grow...

So an update.

A full day after adding Gravity (Weight and density enhancer), the ph suddenly shot up... beyond the scope of my little mix and match the color set I got. It took 4ml per gal of ph down to bring it down again.

I need theories...

Should I be adjusting the PH back to normal...?

Or is the PH part of some evil plan to induce a nute lock and increase uptake of particular nutrients?

Post Thanks / Like

3 hours later it took another 8mil of down (for 3 gal of water) to bring the PH back in line. I'm gonna try and call the manufacturer and see what the deal is tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

So I called the folks that make gravity...

They say their not sure what would cause this issue. They said nothing I did was out of the ordinary, possibly the molasses had carbonates in it and the release of carbon was increasing PH. My control, (molasses no gravity) has not had this issue. Then they said it may be a separate reaction between the testing fluid and the gravity. Seems it would react that way IF THE PH WENT UP... freaks. I suppose I'll locate a digital meter and double check... just in case.

I better see some serious results next to the control to make this worth it. I'll let ya know in a few weeks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would flush the whole system with ~pH and re ppm the nutes,. Use only the basics, Then try at 1/4 of the stregth you used last time with the add-ons, and go up from there.

Post Thanks / Like

On my way out the door... Think I'll do that as soon as I get there.

Post Thanks / Like

jumpin in here late but awesome setup you got HeadMed! Your plants look wonderful and you were clearly prepared for this. +Rep

Post Thanks / Like

nice looking grow man. everything looks green and really healthy.
    "There's high, and there's high, and to get really high--I mean so high that you can walk on the water, that high--that's where I'm goin'."
    - George Harrison, circa 1968

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Got a new camera so welcome to the grow...

Thanks guys.

So the room continues to evolve.

We've added another tray into the closet, so we can have a separate reservoir to flush in. That meant we need to tie back and support the big Afgooey's. No only to make room, but they needed it. It's seems to be a real leggy plant, it's got heavy buds, and hasn't been getting the wind it needs... weak stems. (Small stems are nicer in the sac though yes.....?)

After 6 days of running the Gravity in one of them we pulled it from the routine. Even if it did what it said it did it wasn't worth the effort in this particular set up. The plant has to be pulled from the closet, and lifted out of it's reservoir to safely and completely address the nutrient solution.

Noticeable differences... not much. Reasons to pull...

-PH went crazy high. No one can figure out why.

-PH fluctuates so fast plant needed constant attention.

-No noticeable size difference (control (molasses only) seems to have bigger buds... to the eye).

-Plant did seem to mature faster.. noticed more red "hairs" than on control.

-Evidence of PH/Nute burn.

-On a PH rescue and extraction mission from the closet the plant was damaged. We (she) came up with a great idea for a splint and it's doing fine (see pic below). Keep your scraps of hose. This 1/2" works great.

So we flushed, and went back to standard nutrients, with molasses.

On a lighter note. Our Cinderella99 seedling is doing amazing. Sitting in a tray with a bunch of cloned you can see the difference in the way she grows. (If I say she enough maybe it will be true ) We're jokingly calling here Symmetrical Cindy, since she is. Next week she'll be ready to give up a couple clones for sexing.

Now Pictures

Momma's and Staging area... Can you spot Cindy?

Here's Cindy... se what we mean by symmetrical the spacing and placement of nodes. If I had the room, this could convince me to grow from seed.

The new babies

Here's the new tray we've installed. It's longer than the closet is deep (by 18") but we kinda like that because it keeps the curtains off the big girls. It's eb and flow, using 6gal buckets as it's stand / reservoir(s). We'll probably move a couple over to it right away to make room for new girls in the tray. We really want to get on that continuous harvest cycle. I have a spare 50w HPS fixture I may install to suplement lighting in the middle of the closet there. (I need to build a tube, but I may move this our of the closet shortly and take over the room.) By the way. If your friendly with your local hydro shop. Don't be afraid to ask of they have any old displays in the back that they would like to get rid of. Buckets, trays, lids, pots, etc.etc.. Stuff thats old and stained... doesn't look pretty they can use it to sell. You may be able to get task specific materials at discount prices. You just need to be willing to do some work in cleaning, light repair etc. Always try to pay for everything though.. don't expect anything for free. It's a business and times are rough.

Heres the Weed Patch, Them OG's are looking good, frosted and fat. They'll move to the new tray soon.

Heres the Afgooey that was exposed to Gravity.

Here you can see the PH/Nute burn, and that cool splint I was talking about.

And just some cool shots

And so you can see a comparison. Heres the Afgooey that was not treated with Gravity.

Post Thanks / Like

Afgooey looks delicious!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

awesome!

Nug of the Month Winner BubbaKush's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

be autiful F
    You cant help someone up a hill without getting closer to the top yourself..
    out
    Omega Healthcare Collective Central OC

http://www.420magazine.com/forums/jo...onal-99-a.html

Wake and Bake with Maryjane

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys... More pics in the next day or so....

Post Thanks / Like

Not so many pictures this time. Tragedy struck and I was busy working instead of smoking and enjoying the sights as usual.

We got spider mites!!!

"everything that was in veg got HOSED with Neem Oil. Everything in flower got spot treated with a small brush. We painted the oil on the plant... fan leaves, stems, truck etc.

We weren't showing much activity (spider mite) in the flower area.. a couple of the new placements had some. The heavily flowered girls seem to be clean right now...

But in my heart of hearts I know it;s only a mater of time. We're trying to take away as much of the favorable real estate as we can... I only have another 2 to 3 weeks before we cut em down... Hopefully I can hold off a full blown infestation until then. Then I can clear it all out and hose the room. Mites make me wanna shut down for a month and make sure we're clean...

Aside from that everything's doing well. Cindy is huge and ready to give up a couple clones for sexing. Mothers are huge and have given up clones.

I could really use suggestions on combating mites on flowered plants!

Anyways... Heres pics.

Wish me luck...!

Post Thanks / Like

amazing grow jounrnal bro those afgooeys look delicious! amazing pics! GL on that spidermite problem i hope they all clr out for u.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Medical Marijuana View Post
    Take note that there is a medical reason to control spider mites.
    It has been discovered that mite's body parts and mite's faecal matter, remaining on your buds after drying, pose a serious health risk.
    Mite's faecal matter contains e-coli!
    Please ensure you take aggressive steps with mite control as temps rise in northern hemisphere summers.

ps. for those who don't know, faecal matter is also known as 'poo'!
    Any suggestions for cleaning the dead outta these babies... I'm looking for technique tips to keep from damaging the beautiful crystals.
    Last edited by 420 Girl; 05-26-2009 at 07:43 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast