Best LED grow lights?

How much you want to spend? any idea what kind of led grow light you need? ..... a lot questions, be more specific we can help better.
What are the best LED grow lights to use for 50' X 75' space?

Show us the wavelength and intensity for each light alone.... A blended light isn't a fair comparison for either type of light.... kinda like a tilted playing field for the blended light, since you're mixing apples and oranges.... The question was, which is the best led light out there.... Except for the diy led lights, there is no best led here.. Your light a good compromise to compare to the best led lights available.... Leds which most of us can't afford to begin with...
A 360 watt lec and a 400 watt, really red hps, would also be a great blended light set up...
I'm sure the OP couldn't afford any type of lights for a 3700 sq. foot grow setup.. It's just one of those, what if questions... If i had anything better to do this morning, i wouldn't be posting in the first place..

What are the best LED grow lights to use for 50' X 75' space?

No such thing as a "best LED grow light"... its kind of like asking a crowd...whats the best vehicle to drive... you will get a lot of different answers and not every "best" will suit your individual needs.

If you answer things like:
  • are these for veg, or flower, or both?
  • how tall will you be growing your plants?
  • Are you using a vertical farm system?
  • What type of grow medium are you using?
  • what is your budget?
  • what is your vertical space you are working with from "floor to ceiling" and from top of plants to ceiling?
  • What kind of climate controls will you be using?
  • what IPM pest management will you be using?
  • will this be a commercial "legal" grow or "black market" (you don't need to answer this, but if you are growing "legally" with a license, then you may be bound by using UL or other registered products which are subject to fire marshal approval...
  • How close will the lights be to your plants? Will the lights be able to be raised or lowered?
  • What is your limitations on power, if any?
If you answer things like the above questions, many will be able to help you get a solution that works for you....

To choose the best LED grow light, it is better to let me know what to grow, so we can make the right choice. If you are not unfamiliar with plant photosynthesis process, you'd better go full spectrum LED grow light, that makes thing easy and you will get the right result using the full spectrum lights. Here is an article to offer you tips on selection of LED grow lights from the market.

Im after advice for the exact same question since this post is fresh I will hijack it.
Im using a 1.5*2M (1.5 width/ 2 height) Indoor tent
I have an Auto Pot system using a res
I will probably be growing in coco 60/40 mix
I have a temp controlled fan
Lighting can be moved up and down.
I will only be growing 3 plants max! probably 2.
Budget top of my head, £600 but will go higher if its worth it

So i guess can anyone personally recommend LEDs or if i should go down another route? Thanks in advanced :)

Im after advice for the exact same question since this post is fresh I will hijack it.

So i guess can anyone personally recommend LEDs or if i should go down another route? Thanks in advanced :)
If it were me, HLG 600 Rspec

Folks, just making sure you know that your commenting on a thread from 2017.
Nothing wrong with that, it's always good to add to the discussion, but I hope by now the OP has solved his issue.

I'd give ViparSpectra a good look. They have some amazing deals and it's a solid well built light. Great prices as well.

For your tent, are you thinking that's the max size, or would you ever consider going bigger? I ask because it's something to take into consideration.

If your staying in that tent, maybe give the ViparSpectra P1000 or better the P2000 a good look

Edit- I didn't see see the meters part, thought you were talking feet:lot-o-toke:

Folks, just making sure you know that your commenting on a thread from 2017.
Nothing wrong with that, it's always good to add to the discussion, but I hope by now the OP has solved his issue.

I'd give ViparSpectra a good look. They have some amazing deals and it's a solid well built light. Great prices as well.

For your tent, are you thinking that's the max size, or would you ever consider going bigger? I ask because it's something to take into consideration.

If your staying in that tent, maybe give the ViparSpectra P1000 or better the P2000 a good look

lol 2017 haha! I just saw it highest post on the forums and didnt want to spam so posted in here.
Thanks I will take a look at them, I havent got any ideas to get a bigger tent yet, it just fits perfect in my spare room, 3 plants max is more than enough for me.

cheers pal i was just reading about them! have you used them personally?
I have the 650R. I won't buy HLG again. Great lights, but way overpriced. Right now im testing (sponsored) the ViparSpectra P4000 and have to say for its price, it's very impressive. I'm looking forward to seeing it put some flowers out.

Just my 2 cents.

lol 2017 haha! I just saw it highest post on the forums and didnt want to spam so posted in here.
Thanks I will take a look at them, I havent got any ideas to get a bigger tent yet, it just fits perfect in my spare room, 3 plants max is more than enough for me.

I hear ya, I'm growing three under one p4000 in a 4x4. Feel free to jump in the journal and take a look, ask any questions. There's also discount codes for ViparSpectra and some good sales coming up.

I have not used them, just parroting what I see here on the forums. For me the main attraction of HLG would be their customer service.

I side with Rexers thinking that they are too expensive, was going by your tent size and budget.
Thanks Gammagoat. What are you running now?

I won't lie, the generosity of ViparSpectra has made me a bit biased. But they've got some excellent customer service too, and are active forum sponsors. Before spending that much on one HLG I'd consider two ViparSpectras for better coverage...you'd probably have better yields from the two vs the one HLG.

Sorry for butting in, I'll stay out unless replied or tagged as I've said my opinions.

:Namaste:

Thanks Gammagoat. What are you running now?

I won't lie, the generosity of ViparSpectra has made me a bit biased. But they've got some excellent customer service too, and are active forum sponsors. Before spending that much on one HLG I'd consider two ViparSpectras for better coverage...you'd probably have better yields from the two vs the one HLG.

Sorry for butting in, I'll stay out unless replied or tagged as I've said my opinions.

:Namaste:
I run two Bestva p1000 in a 30x30x60, supposedly under powered for my tent size. Fact is I couldn't use them full power on my last two grows(light burn/foxtailing), and I ended up with some fantastic bud from a Runtz clone and Sour Diesel.

I also like having two lights for a better spread.

I run two Bestva p1000 in a 30x30x60, supposedly under powered for my tent size. Fact is I couldn't use them full power on my last two grows(light burn/foxtailing), and I ended up with some fantastic bud from a Runtz clone and Sour Diesel.

I also like having two lights for a better spread.
My first light ever was a Bestva. Nothing wrong with them, the newest ones are nice, I have one myself.

And if plausible, two lights are always better, if one goes down at least the tent isn't in the dark. And it allows for different hanging heights.
I'd love to do a grow with two P4000s or XS4000s in it.

heres 2 viparP1500, using 40 watts combined,
these are at day 13 from seed poppin out the soil

ak47
the 2 in the green pots are CBD BubbaKush,

Getting 275 PAR

day13-aug.png

Back
Top Bottom