original_3.jpg
top view

original_2.jpg
soil description

original_1.jpg
from the side

original6.jpg
inside the cabin

I didn't add any fertilisers yet. She sprouted in October the 17th / about 17 days old Under 6 CFL's, will add seventh soon. It's a autoflower plant, I know about putting seeds directly into adult pot but I didnlt know it before... I sprinkle it with water 2-3x a day, sprinkling not pouring.

What can it be? An nitrogen deficiency? Is it time to give her some nutrition ? It's my 1st grow, newbie here.

Re: autoflower 19 days old. Something is going on with her

well i suggest that u stop sprinkling it with water , because most probably the plant is over watered , i also think putting the plant so close to the side of the pot gives no good room for the roots to develop , it doesn't look happy in this position , i would move it to another pot and put it in the middle.
u don't need nuts yet , the soil is enough for at least 3 weeks

Re: autoflower 19 days old. Something is going on with her

Looks like nitrogen lock out due to over watering. If you are careful you could change soil or repot in dry soil and let it soak up that wet soil. To change soil you have to carefully roll root ball in your hands. Let soil fall away from roots. Then repot in fresh soil.:thumb:

re: My plant might have some deficiency - N - Autoflower - 19 days old - First grow

If you want any chance of a root ball developing you are going to have to start watering correctly. This is a weed, and it does not like being wet all the time. Water once, completely wetting your soil and then let her find and use ALL of that water before you water again... 2 or 3 days later. You should not water again until you can pick up your container and can feel absolutely no water weight at all. This is called the lift method, and you need to learn it, now.

The yellowing you are seeing is indeed a nitrogen deficiency, starting at the bottom and moving up. Your plant is cannibalizing its lower leaves so as to be able to supply the upper new growth with the nutrients that it needs, because your roots are drowning and the lower roots not having seen oxygen for a while, have stopped working very efficiently at all. She can not get the nutrients that she needs, even though plenty of it is in your soil. Your container needs to dry out or you will most likely kill this plant. Adding nutrients will not help. The problem is your watering method.

re: My plant might have some deficiency - N - Autoflower - 19 days old - First grow

If you want any chance of a root ball developing you are going to have to start watering correctly. This is a weed, and it does not like being wet all the time. Water once, completely wetting your soil and then let her find and use ALL of that water before you water again... 2 or 3 days later. You should not water again until you can pick up your container and can feel absolutely no water weight at all. This is called the lift method, and you need to learn it, now.

The yellowing you are seeing is indeed a nitrogen deficiency, starting at the bottom and moving up. Your plant is cannibalizing its lower leaves so as to be able to supply the upper new growth with the nutrients that it needs, because your roots are drowning and the lower roots not having seen oxygen for a while, have stopped working very efficiently at all. She can not get the nutrients that she needs, even though plenty of it is in your soil. Your container needs to dry out or you will most likely kill this plant. Adding nutrients will not help. The problem is your watering method.

^ This. ^​

Ok so I will stop watering for 2-3 days.

Should I transplant it? My plant sprouted on the side of the pot instead the middle so It might have something to do with overall health of my plant?!

It is pretty warm inside my box so it will get dry fast. There is plastic cup with some water in it to moisten growbox a little bit.

Thank for helping me. Please fallow this subject I will need some guidance.
420magazine is a decent source of knowledge!

I would not set up any artificial timetable for watering. Water only when it needs it. When I up-pot a plant it can take two weeks before it needs anything. I last watered my gals one week ago. They haven't needed anything since - probably another day or two.

When they are thirsty, a small pot like that will feel nearly empty. The plant will actually look sort of like what you see now. Over-watered plants look like they need water because the roots get drowned and cannot absorb either water or the nutrients the plant needs. To avoid root rot, the roots need oxygen, but in wet soil there is very little room for those small air pockets.

Do NOT use the finger test. Just because the soil is dry to the touch near the surface, doesn't tell you how wet it is down near the bottom (where the problem and its solution is found).

Thanks for helping. No more water for couple days. I want my plant to life.
How long it'll take to recover from overwatering?

Ok so I will stop watering for 2-3 days.

Should I transplant it? My plant sprouted on the side of the pot instead the middle so It might have something to do with overall health of my plant?!

It is pretty warm inside my box so it will get dry fast. There is plastic cup with some water in it to moisten growbox a little bit.

Thank for helping me. Please fallow this subject I will need some guidance.
420magazine is a decent source of knowledge!

As PITA said, don't try to set some arbitrary number of days between waterings. Your human brain deciding that 2-3 days is best, is not best. Let the plant tell you when it needs to be watered by lifting up the cup and seeing if you can still feel any water weight. It should feel light as a feather when you get to this point. Also, get rid of that idea that the heat or anything else is going to evaporate that water... and leaving water in the box is not going to make any difference because very little evaporates, most gets USED by the plant. Let her do her thing, and if her roots are severely damaged, it may take 5 or 6 days to get this done. If you can do this correctly however, each time you water, you will find that the time that she needs to use all that water will shrink, and eventually she will be able to suck up all that water in 24 hours. At this point, re-pot to the next sized container, never all the way to a huge container much too big for your plant.

Everyone says re-poting should be fallowed by adding some water so do you think I should repot in 3-4 days because of what I did?
Is watering after transplantation necessary or can I skip that step because of my overwatering

Edit: those orange leafs will not survive will they?

Wow that little pot is kind of heavy :O

Bad leaves rarely ever get better. The goal is to get the plant healthy so it makes: 1) roots, 2) leaves.
We don't really even care much about the leaves other than the plant needs them. We are growing trichomes.
The immediate goal is a large healthy root ball. Everything else is secondary at this point. Those roots are what enable the plant to grow and do what it does so well for us.

Bad leaves rarely ever get better. The goal is to get the plant healthy so it makes: 1) roots, 2) leaves.
We don't really even care much about the leaves other than the plant needs them. We are growing trichomes.
The immediate goal is a large healthy root ball. Everything else is secondary at this point. Those roots are what enable the plant to grow and do what it does so well for us.

As for watering when you transplant - yes. You have to. That's OK. The new soil will absorb any extra water from the existing soil and give those roots room to grow and feed.

Hi guys
I just transplanted it to a bigger pot, I used universal soil ph 5.2-5.8. in this small pot the soil was extremely dry, It wasn't so easy to transplant it.
I need some guidance and btw something is happening to my second (just sprouted) plant.
It sprouted on friday, I was sprinkling it with water since they need moist. I didn't add any water today. Is she OK?

Soil which I used in trwnsplant is kind of moist, do I really have water it? What should I do. i'm so confused.
I don't have any seeds left ;(

Pictures:

I'm a bit confused (so what else is new?).
Dry soil is generally easier to transplant. It is light and the root ball can hold it together more easily. 5.2 - 5.8 is pretty acid. Hopefully it is at the high side and is well-buffered.
I would water the new transplant to help her roots make the transition. You can't over-water the new soil with a single application. Drench it. Let it dry. Repeat.
A picture is almost always needed to help us give advice (for your new sprout).

There are 2 pic of sprouted seed.
Ok I'm going to water it. How much water approximately?

Edit: i'll make soil more alkaline soon, not sure what to use yet? A dolomite maybe? I didn't have much choice while getting new soil, my first choice store was closed already and I think transplant was important today

Edit: I watered it with at least 300ml of water
Please fallow my topic, I'm grateful for any help

Back
Top Bottom