1st Grow - Bubblelicious CFL & LED Grow Tent

Re: 1st Grow - Bubblelicious CFL and LED Grow tent.

Can anyone tell me why Kandy (the auto) Has a redish stem? Is this normal for the Kandy Kush?

High there MaPilot !

First, I'm subbed and reps given for choosing LED and from one of the sponsors, wtg for that 420mag spirit

Second, I think our led light is a bit high if it's still on the same height as shown in a previous set of pictures, I would lower it to around 12-18" from the top of the plants, never used that model. Maybe it's the angleit was shot from, but the stems seem a bit long, keep than eye on it and if needed lower the lights slowly.

Red stems I think it's sometimes normal for seedlings, I think I had one or two also, when they mature a bit it will go away.
With my LEDs I'm not sure what real color is until they are out of the tent and my eyes don't see green colors only for a few seconds.

Take everything I wrote as how i understood things, but I'm also a first time grower, still learning and just trying to help.

You can also check out my journal, I started with CFL's and moved to a TopLED Reflector 92x3 for a 2.5/2.5/5 grow space.

Good luck !:high-five:

:thumb:

Thanks EightyFour for the suggestions and Rep!
The LED currently in the tent is a 120watt flowering i bought off ebay. The new one I have ordered and is in shipping now is from GreenSun. ZNET4.

I have been advised not to use the LED for the first few weeks, However the ZNET4 I have seen positive results from seedling to flower, So as soon as it arrives its going on! I will probably use the other led as side lighting during flower.

Thanks again for stopping by. I am currently reading your journal. So far so good!

Bottom feeding IMO is ok for larger plants. When watering seedlings I go from the top and just get 1/2 cup of water with a drop of superthrive every other day. Its kinda like spoon feeding a baby. If the soil is to saturated at the bottom you may develop pockets of nutrients and if the roots find this water they may stop growing as fast. You want the roots to have to search for water to instigate growth.

All looks well though and you are on your way! Check out KingJohnC's led grows for TONS of info. Pitbull is spot on with the stems.

Welcome, Budstep and Wildwelshman!

Got an email from Amy at Greensun. My Znet4 has shipped and is on its way to me! (Thanks Amy!)

Update Day 8 since sprouting. Bubba had some heat issues this morning. I lowered the CFL's yesterday and turned on the LED UFO and lowered it too :) Bubba dont play that. She curled up her leaves and politely asked me to move the lights away. Which I did. I think she is happier now :)

Lots of growth in two days (see day 6 photos above) Their second set of leaves got pretty big! More are coming up.
On to the photos:

Bubba Day 8: notice a little leaf curl goin on...

6-24-Bubba.jpg

Kandy Day 8:

6-24-Kandy.jpg

I scrapped the whole HPS cool tube idea. I will be adding another LED light from one of our sponsors in a week or two to help with veg and flower. I really expected to kill these two off by now. Kinda surprised they are growing :cheer:

I switched to LED from hps just this week, and i found an improvment in the first 24 hours. I am really happy with mine (top led 100x3).

Great to see you here Robert. Checking out your grow now!

Whats the distance you have your LED at now?
I got a small tent 2'x2'x4' and i got 2 autos, purple cheese 40 days and about 6" from light(cant raise light any higher) and a afgan kush 1 day old at 2" from her.

So just checked on my Znet4, It is out for delivery! Wow. 6 days since I placed the order. Very nice!
As soon as it arrives, I plan on removing all other lighting and going with just the Znet4. I will probably add my second eBay UFO during flower, but am not sure yet.
Pictures coming soon. Stay tuned......

I got a small tent 2'x2'x4' and i got 2 autos, purple cheese 40 days and about 6" from light(cant raise light any higher) and a afgan kush 1 day old at 2" from her.
And you do not see any burn at all?

just got the Znet4. Put it in the tent, and my eyes are sore.... No instructions as to what is veg and what is flower. So I am not sure which switch to use. Turned on both separately and i really don't see a difference in color tone. Would be nice to have a chart as well as to distance..... I am happy with shipping and ordering, but disappointed in lack of support with the unit....Stand by for pics.

I sent an email to Amy, hope she gets back to me soon. If not..Maybe someone with PM power can contact jimmy6000, Dennise or guestimator for me for advise?

Thanks guys....

Back
Top Bottom