2600 Watt - Multi-Strain - First Grow!

420ForLifeMan

Hey Guys,

This will be my first grow so any help is welcomed, also feel free to ask any questions or comment on my thread. So to caught you guys up I'm about 3 weeks in to Veg now with 25 plants 7 different strains. Sorry I couldn't start this from journal from seed but will do a brief overview of the first 3 weeks. I did a ton of research before deciding to start growing so after a month of heavy reading and watching u decided I was ready to start growing. I ordered 15 seeds from Nivara and got 10 free. But after doing more research I was not comfortable with the reviews on nivara's seed quality so to be safe order 8 seeds from Bonza and got 2 free. Both seeds arrived and we're germinated (room temp water ph'ed to 6.5 along with paper towel method on the same day along with some bag seeds (3/04/16). Like many reviews I had read I had issues with my seeds from Nivara only of the 25 only 10 germinated, while all but one from Bonza seeds popped open the next day. I decided to plant all seeds anyways about 3-5 days later I had 35 little sprouts. My cat and dog got into my grow room kill 6 seedlings and I killed four on my own bringing the number down to the current 25. All plants have been repotted at least once while most are in 5 Gallon buckets. Sorry if this is a lot of info just want to cover all bases!! I will try and stay on top of updating my grow.

Strain: Lemon Kush (4), Auto White Widow, White Widow X Big Bud (3), Bubblegummer (All from Bonza Seeds)
AK-48 (2), Northern Lights (7 regular), Freebie (From Nirava)
Also have some Bag Seeds (6) for a total of 25 plants at the moment.

Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Mix
Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Veg... For how long? 2 1/2-3 1/2 weeks
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? 50% Organic Soil, 25% Potting Soil and 25% perlite
If soil... What size pot? 1-5 Gallon
Size of light? 1000 watt HPS Light(adding 1600 MH Lights)
Aircooled? No
Temp of Room/cab? 70℉-77℉
PH of media or res? 6-6.5
Pests? Few gnats nothing problem with them, plus I kill them when I can!
How often are you watering? Every 2-3 1/2 days
Type and strength of ferts used? FF Grow Big, Age Old Bloom, Bio Thrive Grow (In Veg)
FF Big Bloom, Age Old Bloom, Bio Bizz Bio Bloom (For flowering, no nutes will be giving for the last 2-3 weeks) Feeding plants about 1/3 of recommended amount every other feeding. Will bump up soon!

Grow Room

-10 X 5 X 8 (will expand to a 20 X 7 X 8 once other light arrive)
-AC Unit
-2 Box Fans
-Ventilation fan
-Humidity 40%-60%
-Wall will be completely covered in foil (once I stop being so lazy)
*Will eventually add more to the room

Lights

- 1000 Watt HPS
- 400+ Watts of CFL's
- 1000 Watt MH (arriving this week)
- 600 Watt MH (arriving this week)

*Definitely will get some more CFLs for lower branches I'm undecided about more HPS/MH lights
*MH Lights broke first day I got it so have been force to grow with the HPS entire grow.

Hope I covered everything will be adding pics soon!

PS excuse the typos

For your first grow it looks like you have things under control and are going big! I will say my dog got into my tent and thrashed around a little bit but didn't kill mine.

As for the room itself, You may want to think of some sort of air exchange and filtering. you will need an exhaust and a carbon filter and an intake fan as well. Also I would refrain from using aluminum foil on the walls. It creates hot spots. Mylar blankets would be a better choice. I've also see just white painted walls do good also.

Can't wait for pictures and to see the girls grow! good luck and welcome to :420:

Hey thanks for the response as far as the carbon filter goes from my understanding it's used for smell and that's not an issue for me. I also have a fan that's suppose to suck out the hot air and bring in fresh air. Thanks for the advice on foil will look into the product you suggested or at the very least painting get some white paint.

IDK if pics uploaded or not this is a bit difficult! If they did sorry about quality will upload some more pics and hopefully better!
IMAG007033.jpg
IMAG007033.jpg
IMAG006836.jpg

Veg Day 22 :

Hey guys,

I watered the plants today with nutrients at half strength. All the plants have 6-10 new growth tips, with most tips have multiple sets of leaves. I do have two plants that have been stunted the last few days and they are my two smallest plants (plants range from 5 1/2in-15 1/2in) will try and post some pics of them soon,but sadly I think they may not make it! Other then that my plants are doing great most are over a foot tall! Anyways posted a few more pictures below still waiting on my other lights expecting those along with a few other things anyday now! Also will be going to Home Depot this week to get some white paint and some more CFL's Bulbs (probably 3200 watts worth to use for lower branches but not 100% sure yet).

IMAG008427.jpg
IMAG007138.jpg
IMAG008226.jpg
IMAG007628.jpg

Looking good there!

Awesome grow room if it ever become legal id like something that big :) I would add some more lights in there to minimize any unnecessary stretching.

Cant wait to see this progress, good luck!

yup. :popcorn: for sure.

The black and white panda film is readily available at most hydro stores, brick and mortar and online, and is dirt cheap. If you decide to just paint it white, remember you want matte not glossy.

You've got a regular forest in the making.

Edit: and get this journal into your signature. :)

Nice start! Painting the walls is a very effective and easy method. Curious as to why you would run over 3K watts in CFL instead of using 3 HPS lights or use some MH lights for vegging? CFL typically creates a lot of stretching.

Hey thanks for the reply, like Welsh pony I have/will have 3 HPS/MH lights going in my room. The CFL would be added during flowering to help some of the lower branches/bud spots obtain light. I have these plug things that allows you to plug it into a socket to put light bulbs in. So I would plug them into extension cords and hang from ceiling and lower so it hits those spots that would normally be shaded.

Back
Top Bottom