5'X5' One Plant Scrog Pounder With LED

I was asked about temps so here is some info I hope helps answer your ?
Temperature is a very important factor to consider when growing cannabis. The temperature of your grow room will have an effect on the rate your plants photosynthesizes – the process in which they turn carbon dioxide, water and light into food. If your grow room is at the incorrect temperature, your plants will not be able to photosynthesize efficiently, thus negatively impacting the rate at which they grow.
In a standard, well ventilated grow room the optimal temperature tends to be between 24-29 °C (71-85 degrees Fahrenheit). There are other factors that can warrant higher temperatures. For example, if you are enriching your cannabis crops with extra carbon dioxide then you will need higher temperatures for it to be efficient, usually around 30-32 degrees Celsius (86-90 degrees Fahrenheit).
The reason for this is that higher a temperature stimulates an increased metabolism within cannabis plants (up to a certain point). Assuming that there is ample carbon dioxide and light for the plants to use they will be able to produce a lot more energy, and display stronger growth and bud production as a result.
Temperature also has an effect on internodal length. Ideally you want to try to keep this to a minimum to grow denser, more efficient buds. The internodal length is directly related to the difference between night and day temperatures. The further apart your day-time and night-time temperatures, the longer the internodal lengths grow, the closer these temperatures are, the smaller the internodal lengths grow.As an example, let’s say your grow room is at the normal optimal day-time temperature of 75 degrees Fahrenheit (24 degrees Celsius). To reduce internodal length growth you will want to try to maintain the temperature at 71 degrees Fahrenheit (22 degrees Celsius) at night.This technique is most effective during the first 2-3 weeks of the flowering period - when you have just switched to a 12/12 photoperiod. This is when cannabis plants put a lot of effort into their pre-flowering growth, creating the building blocks for their colas. At this phase, you will want to consider increasing the night-time temperature to match the day-time – this will really minimize the massive internodal growth associated with this time period and allow your cannabis plants to focus on growing much denser buds. Look at it this way, what use is extra stem to you? Surly you would rather your plants direct their energy into bud growth rather than throwing it away with longer stems?
After the initial 2-3 weeks you can reduce the night-time temperature back to its original 71 degrees Fahrenheit (22 degrees Celsius). This will stop the plant getting stressed. If there is a zero difference between night and day temperature for more than three weeks, your plant leaves may begin to discolor due to leaf chlorosis.Another important factor to consider during the flowering phase is that total bud size is largely impacted by the average daily temperature. It is important you make sure that temperatures do not drop below their day and night optimum; doing so will cause your buds to grow less than their potential.
Extra Tip: Reducing the night temperature to 62-66 degrees Fahrenheit (17-19 degrees Celsius) for the last two weeks of flowering will trigger the production of anthocyanin. This will really bring out the color of your buds making them look much more appealing. This is usually done once buds have reached their maximum size and you have started the final flushing process. It is not essential however, and can be overlooked if it is not practical - it is purely a cosmetic consideration.As you can see, temperature can have a large effect on how your cannabis plants grow. If you can get it just right then you will find the quality of your grow increasing dramatically. It takes practice, but with perseverance you will find yourself well on the way to becoming a much more accomplished cultivator.Keep it growing green...
P.S I will do a video on how I water my scrog plants

CO Finest,

You did a very good job for other growers, thanks !!!:thanks:

Ok finial dry weight off Monster came in just shy of 1 pound 2oz and the five kids 8oz for a total of 1 pound 10oz. Not bad for the Lights I used. I would have to say the 144x3 and 192x3 did very well. Thank you all for stopping by and I hope to see you all in my new journals. I hate to end this journal but it is that time. I wish you all the best and happy growing to all....

Thank you Twilight LED for your comment. That is one of my main reasons of posting here and youtube is to help and show others ideas and products that work. Just seeing other growers for the first time get threw a grow or try something new and have a good finish is awesome. I wish you the best and keep it growing green..

man co im loving these autopots they keep the plants perfectly watered and the airdome things pump air into the rootzone im seeing the fastest veg and now early lowering i think i have ever seen they grew 6 frikkin inches from yesterday to tonight! and all i do is add food and water to the res, watering was takling me an hour now its like 10 min i have so much more time for training ,cleaning etc. gonna post the new pics in the morning , stay cool bro \m/ @@ \m/

man co im loving these autopots they keep the plants perfectly watered and the airdome things pump air into the rootzone im seeing the fastest veg and now early lowering i think i have ever seen they grew 6 frikkin inches from yesterday to tonight! and all i do is add food and water to the res, watering was takling me an hour now its like 10 min i have so much more time for training ,cleaning etc. gonna post the new pics in the morning , stay cool bro \m/ @@ \m/

Outstanding to hear. If you do not mind post a few pic here. I will check out the autopots tonight. I just might give them a try.

CO's finest, thank you for always teaching as you grow. I used this formula to determine that a marsII 1200 would be great for my 4x4. I want to use it for veg and flower. Do you think the standard spectrum is good for both?

Thanks again.

Hey buddy how it is gowing.
Doing my first scrog, how high above the net should I let her get before fliping to flower.
Thanks in advance.

I like to flip to 12 when I get her to fill the scrog and right when all tops have turned up

Auto trimming plants, hell yeah CO! That monster came from 2 144x3's?

Yes only 2 of the 144x3 in that 5x5 scrog. True 500watts from the wall. The new grow has three witch is 720watt from the wall.

CO's finest, thank you for always teaching as you grow. I used this formula to determine that a marsII 1200 would be great for my 4x4. I want to use it for veg and flower. Do you think the standard spectrum is good for both?

Thanks again.

full spectrum works great for veg and flower. Now if plants are small and there is a lot of space when you are in veg I would look at running a temp light with less power to save you money for a few weeks until plants get big enough not to wast light and money for running light for 18hours,then use mars1200.

Thank you all for stopping by. I wish you all the best. Keep it growing green my friends

CO Finest, you do a great and inspiring job with your journals. Here in Oregon, where stuff just got real (and real legal, next year), I'm just getting started with an indoor project, my first. Your posts provide a wealth of knowledge and experience, and hats off for sharing your wisdom so freely. Keep it Green, and thanks! :Namaste:

Thank you. It is great to hear your state is going legal. Any Info you may need just ask away. Come join us on the newer journal Scrogging The Big Girls and I have info on my youtube page as well. I hope you get off to a good start. I wish you the best.. Keep it growing green :passitleft:

your grows are awesome man, i love your youtube videos always very informative. i switched from hps to LED after seeing you do your thing i got two of the mars reflector 144x3 after seeing the buds you produce with them i thought i'd give them a go and so far have not been disappointed thank you for the work you put in.. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom