Arctic Bowl's 1st Ever Attempt At A Grow Journal

Reread the journal but have a question about the caps. How do you decide what strain to use?

Heya SW, it pretty much depends on your end goal, indica for pain/sleep/body buzz, sativa more heady buzz. CBD for a E+ cancer. For pure recreational use I personally like indica dom strains but that's just my choice, many folks prefer the sativa dom strains. This last batch we blended every strain we had for a friend with chronic pain at 15:1 and we are very happy to report it was 100% successful for her.

Just a heads up, don't get in the " I been smoking this shit for a 100 years so I need 5:1 caps, ok? I can promise you, this is a different animal and a different kind of buzz, I'd start at 30:1 or maybe 20:1 at most and see how that goes for you before you move to stronger ratios. You can always take a second pill to increase your buzz if desired but you sure as hell cant untake them if your tolerance isn't high enough......just be mindful of your and others tolerances. Check out SweetSues canabus oil journal, that's where I got turned on to this method, she's doing a fresh harvest oil that's rivaling CCO so we would like to try that next......lol but we will be double careful with it. Sue is a great person and will guide you all along like she has us, just another great 420 Mag person

Reread the journal but have a question about the caps. How do you decide what strain to use?

It depends on what effects a particular strain has when smoked or ingested.

In general sativas tend to produce heady, trippy highs. Indicas tend to produce couch lock and sleepy-time highs. Hybrids come the full gamut from Sativa to Indica.

So, you need to check the strain descriptions on certain sites, the seed banks, and sites that proved strain descriptions. Start with 2 or 3 and compare their effects on you. You can sample the leaves, immature buds, etc in a tea, a salad, or a main dish. That will be an approximate effect when you condense it into an oil for capsules, which will be more potent.

If you have a grower friend, you can sample his/her crop and test what you like.

Well we got around to doing some much needed work in the grow room today, got all the clones moved to kit soil...... may have gone a few days too long but hey, they got roots :rofl:

IMG_021648.JPG

Here's all the clones in soil now and the 6 lil baby Lilly's that are up from seed, a few of the clones had to go into 3's, lol we ran out of 1's and we're to lazy to go get more today.

IMG_021747.JPG

More pics to come in just a few of the big girls in flower, oh the clones are green crack, they enjoy this kit soil like crazy.

Lol well here are the girls in flower, they kinda got away from us but with the shit storm we have had my thoughts are F it lol. Is what it is and we will do what we can with them and I'm sure they are going to pump out some great Buds. We did some pruning on them today and gave them a big watering. This green crack has been a hit up this way and the pills are pretty awesome too ;-). They are 2 weeks into flower now and Buds are coming on pretty well. Took just a few leaves to open up the bud sites just a little bit, I'm always chicken shit to rape the leaves off the plants like I've seen others do but just can't at least not yet anyhow.

IMG_022457.JPG
IMG_022257.JPG
IMG_022364.JPG
IMG_022156.JPG
IMG_022862.JPG
IMG_022960.JPG

We put these in some big plastic pots close to 15's so not Duggs big.......yet :rofl: We wanted to see the difference in roots from soft pots to the hard pots so figured why not a lil bigger ;-). We also mixed up our last harvest soil an got it cooking again (thanks Doc :). I would love to try a huge ass pot one day...... like a 300 and grow a giant SOB just for shits an giggles like a 8 month shits an giggles.

Anyway, hope you all are enjoying your weekend, raining it's ass off up here but last few days been stupid hot, 90's in North Pole.......ya baby, smokem if ya gotem

Blessed Buds our friends and be well :passitleft:

Lookin stellar! Very healthy looking man. Need to try some green crack myself lol. Thanks for the advice too. I know what strains and sat/ind do when smoking I just didn't know about for edibles. Guess it's same type of script.

I will check out sweetsue too no doubt! And for ratio I'm a super light weight w edibles so probably try 50:1 first. Blending all my strains sounds nice too as maybe it will help my pain but not leave me glued to the couch :D you ever make any lotions? I need to make some but can't find my friends old methods and recipe...

Wow Arctic! That's a miniature tree! :thedoubletake: I see the soil's been good to your girls. It's good to see everything continuing to thrive. Did you clip the roots on the clones when you transplanted?

Thanks, it's brutal hot here. :passitleft: I just relented, closed the windows and cranked up the air units. The drone drives me a little nuts, but half an hour ago I couldn't even think, it was so hot! Tomorrow it's supposed to be hotter. They had to go on sooner or later. :battingeyelashes:

Lookin stellar! Very healthy looking man. Need to try some green crack myself lol. Thanks for the advice too. I know what strains and sat/ind do when smoking I just didn't know about for edibles. Guess it's same type of script.

I will check out sweetsue too no doubt! And for ratio I'm a super light weight w edibles so probably try 50:1 first. Blending all my strains sounds nice too as maybe it will help my pain but not leave me glued to the couch :D you ever make any lotions? I need to make some but can't find my friends old methods and recipe...

Lotions why yes we have and this wonderful lady that post right after you has the ins and outs for lotions.....hell, for just about everything really :)

Blessed Buds our friend and be well :passitleft:

Wow Arctic! That's a miniature tree! :thedoubletake: I see the soil's been good to your girls. It's good to see everything continuing to thrive. Did you clip the roots on the clones when you transplanted?

Thanks, it's brutal hot here. :passitleft: I just relented, closed the windows and cranked up the air units. The drone drives me a little nuts, but half an hour ago I couldn't even think, it was so hot! Tomorrow it's supposed to be hotter. They had to go on sooner or later. :battingeyelashes:

Hahaha YES we did have to trim them up a bit lol, couldn't get them out of the nets unless we did. Yea this batch got let on the run a way train. Of not being trained lol. Need me that chainsaw in about 7 weeks :rofl:

Blessed Buds our friend and be well :passitleft: lil green crack

We got a few more photos today, the clones seem to be doing ok and the seedlings are coming right along. Clones are green crack and seedlings are the Lilly's from Ace.

IMG_023161.JPG

The girls in flower are also green crack and we got these a little late after lights out but you can still sort of see what's going on lol.

IMG_023271.JPG
IMG_023359.JPG
IMG_023457.JPG
IMG_023555.JPG

IMG_023655.JPG

Not too much going on but there is progress so we're happy. The flower tent girls will get there 1st Cat drench in the next few days when they are ready for the next drink. Love watching it work its magic on these plants and turn the frost machine on them. Waiting for our order of EWC to show up and then we can recharge and add EWC to them for the final push to harvest. Hope everyone has had a great Saturday and enjoy the rest of your weekend, Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads!!!!

Top of the mornin to yas AB! Got no boys this weekend so i'm not cooking and cleaning up after them at least,...but i do kinda miss them this morning....i'm a lil bit of a 'sap' that way. Anyhow , had a good look at what your up too in your grow areas. you mention the GC , and how it likes our soil. Well, i believe when i grew it a while back it liked the soil more than ANY other strain up to this point...leaves always pointing up and she /they did not 'complain' once about anything i was giving ,..or not giving them. they also gave me some very potent , tasty produce, with a very , very high yield ta boot!
Question ,...do ya's have the trays for those pots ,..the one's and three's? Ya , i share your queeziness (not really a word??:) )as far as removing leaves. The structure with yours is such that you can just leave almost all of them on,...this is a good thing . Take advantage of all those nice, healthy , green leaves and don't forget to spray with Brix w/ Wayx10 (now improved and called Snake Oil) once every week/ten days OK! They shouldn't have ANY issues late in bloom and is just a great strain to grow. Cheers you two,...have a great dad's day would ya's!:Namaste::high-five:

Man can't wait to pop these humbolt green crack seeds I got! But I won't have room until next season :/ until then Very amped to watch you harvest these girls! Seen one pic that looks like high temp leaf curling? Windblown? All looks great but one pic had me curious :) 2nd to last pic....

Heya Arctic! :bravo::bravo:
Nice green cracks you got there... They look beautiful so far... You must be adoring them at least 30 mins a day I believe.. hahaha :adore::adore::adore::rofl::rofl: I would.. kekeke
The lily' are doing great as well.... They've grown since the last time I saw their pics.... :goodjob:
Hope you guys are doing well there... It's getting too hot here... 40 celsius..

Blessings of love to you and wifey :circle-of-love::circle-of-love:

Glad to hear it's not a constant battle. For us down here... The sun is coming and hell is coming with it! High desert ain't no joke lol. Now just have to break the outdoor code or go underground :) hope your girls rebound fast. Looking forward to watching the crack do their thing :)

We took a few pics today and played around with some of the settings to try and dim down the glare from the LED lights, not sure how they are going to look but at least can see the plants a bit better :)

IMG_024568.JPG
IMG_024458.JPG

Clones of green crack and the Lily's got a nice big drink today and pots topped off with soil. They were ready for drink and seem to be doing ok, time to get some topping started and some bondage time. The little runt Lilly is still a runt but it's a cute lil runt so we're gonna keep her around a bit longer and see what she does.

IMG_024358.JPG
IMG_024265.JPG
IMG_024153.JPG
IMG_023957.JPG
IMG_023858.JPG

The green crack in the flower tent are coming right along, they got a water drink as well today and a Brix/way ahead feeding. 3-4 more weeks and they are coming down and the Lilly's are moving in to take over. We want to try the purple peyote but have seen some being grown here on the mag and they are green as could be, look nothing like the photos on Ace site so kinda torn, may need to go seed shopping and find a few more to try out.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend and for those here in the U.S. have a safe fun July 4th holiday.

Back
Top Bottom